04 G35 Auto Re-Tuned by CIN w/ Osiris

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 12:44 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
04 G35 Auto Re-Tuned by CIN w/ Osiris

Here are the results from a car we re-tuned with his existing Osiris software. It had a custom tune on it already but he thought the car had some more in it. He was correct as we made gains of 16hp and 10lbs of tq over his previous tune. His shift changes were also sluggish and we were able to correct that for him as well.
This is the before and after graph with the dotted line showing what the car made when we first put it on the dyno. The solid line shows total power at 273hp and 254tq.
Mods are K&N, Ztube, plenum spacer, headers, resonated test pipes, dual exhaust.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So what do you guys do different from other shops when tuning?

Old 02-25-2011, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by ajcool2
So what do you guys do different from other shops when tuning?
All I can say is that we have spent countless hours with our track 03 and my personal 07 G35, trying everything under the sun, to get a good formula for tuning these cars.
No offense, but unless someone wants to pay us for the time we have in research, then we are not going to release our tuning techniques.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:15 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Mannn, come to Texas and tune all of the DFW guys!

Old 02-25-2011, 02:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grocry-

lemme start off by saying im not knocking your tune at all. Your tunes look really smooth (dont know if your dyno has a smoothing factor) but how come you never post your A/F ratios?

Old 02-25-2011, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by cc1012
Grocry-

lemme start off by saying im not knocking your tune at all. Your tunes look really smooth (dont know if your dyno has a smoothing factor) but how come you never post your A/F ratios?
Our customers can have a copy of the a/f ratios on their graph if they want and they are always welcome to watch the screen while we make runs to verify what the readings are. If they want me to post the a/f's in the future, I will.

Old 02-25-2011, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by GrocryGettr
All I can say is that we have spent countless hours with our track 03 and my personal 07 G35, trying everything under the sun, to get a good formula for tuning these cars.
No offense, but unless someone wants to pay us for the time we have in research, then we are not going to release our tuning techniques.
Thats understandable. I know the owner of this car and we go to the track frequently together so it will be interesting to see the difference between his old tune vs this tune. If its a substancial difference I'll be making a trip to NC to visit you guys.

Old 02-25-2011, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by almost3flips
Mannn, come to Texas and tune all of the DFW guys!
I have traveled out of town before to do custom tunes. Pay for my travel and lodging, and I will do it for $400 per car (given that you already have Osiris reflash). There is a three car min and a dyno will have to be rented for a full day.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by cc1012
Grocry-

I just received a text from the guy who's car this is saying it's ok if I post his A/F ratio chart. Y'all must be standing next to each other.
Anyways, the pic is small but the scale goes 14.6 / 13.0 / 11.3.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:56 PM
Received 84 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by GrocryGettr
I just received a text from the guy who's car this is saying it's ok if I post his A/F ratio chart. Y'all must be standing next to each other.
Anyways, the pic is small but the scale goes 14.6 / 13.0 / 11.3.
No I just know ajcool I'm just reading the posts. Nonetheless I'm happy with it and will run it next week at the same track I ran 13.14 on street tires with the old tune.

I'm especially happy with the way the trans shifts more than the numbers. I have the transgo vb and people with the kit know that the 3-4 shift is not firm. The tune yesterday fixed that I can now shift into 4th now instead of holding 3rd through the lights the 3-4 shift is now firm like the others with no hesitation.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dsskyline
No I just know ajcool I'm just reading the posts. Nonetheless I'm happy with it and will run it next week at the same track I ran 13.14 on street tires with the old tune.

I'm especially happy with the way the trans shifts more than the numbers. I have the transgo vb and people with the kit know that the 3-4 shift is not firm. The tune yesterday fixed that I can now shift into 4th now instead of holding 3rd through the lights the 3-4 shift is now firm like the others with no hesitation.
You WOULD drive to NC to get a tune

That's dedication, I like it. Good luck with the times, get some videos too!

Old 02-25-2011, 10:48 PM
Actually I went with my girlfriend to visit family in the area and CIN was only 40 min away.

I probably would of drove there anyway since I have family in NC 2hrs away from CIN.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by Dsskyline
I have the transgo vb and people with the kit know that the 3-4 shift is not firm. The tune yesterday fixed that I can now shift into 4th now instead of holding 3rd through the lights the 3-4 shift is now firm like the others with no hesitation.
Very interesting! I have big issue with the 3-4 slip. Do you have any idea exactly what was fixed to make this better? Was it the calculated load in the ECU or line pressures?

Old 03-01-2011, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by MardiGrasMax
Very interesting! I have big issue with the 3-4 slip. Do you have any idea exactly what was fixed to make this better? Was it the calculated load in the ECU or line pressures?
I think he did something with the new torque management feature on Osiris. The 3-4 used to slip now it doesn't anymore I'm more happy with that than the numbers.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:21 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
interesting. where did you get your tune done before?

Seems like a solie gain but the better shift response sounds great. Makes me wish I had OSIRIS available for the 2003's again...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 04 G35 Auto Re-Tuned by CIN w/ Osiris