Dyno Sheet for my 2008 G35 Sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 06:50 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Dyno Sheet for my 2008 G35 Sedan

Hey guys, this is my dyno run on a Dyno Dynamics, my 1st run/scan is done with JWT pop chargers and stock exhaust, then JWT with Invidia Exhaust. I gained 15rwhp from Invidia exhaust.

The 2nd run/scan is done after i removed the JWT Pop chargers and installed my new Injen CAI, i gained only 3.6rwhp in peak power, but as you can see there is a drop between 5500 rpm and 7000 rpm, a/f ratio is the same between all runs, my car is not tuned/reflashed yet.
Robby and some other of my friends said it's normal to happen to CAI since it needs tuning to adjust that drop in the power curve.

I can't wait to get a reflash, but i'm totally broken now , so i'll have to wait until get some money to reflash it, and maybe Invidia well release their HFC, i think i'll get big gains with a tune/reflash + HFC.

Btw remember it's a Dyno Dynamic, accurate gains here, if i did it on a Dynojet i would've seen 20 to 30 more rwhp, and i'll be doing a Dynojet run in 3 weeks and post it here again.

Old 08-09-2009, 07:59 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice gains, congrats.
Those are some really low numbers though...you probably need a better dyno.

Old 08-09-2009, 08:13 AM
For people that doesn't know about Dyno Dynamics, here's what the m5board.com says:

Interesting Dyno Factoids (Dyno Dynamics, Mustang, Dynojet)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got these from the shop that is about to dyno my M Coupe. It is consistent with what I have been told elsewhere but certainly an interesting read:

20) My car makes 300 hp but your dyno says it makes 215. What is up? Our dyno is the most accurate measurement of torque at the wheels. More accurate than most. No "interpolation" or "estimation" or "inertia factors" are applied like they are on other competitors' lesser machines. What this means is that this is the actual torque being applied at the tire. Typically, a 300hp all wheel drive car will measure in around 210-215 on our dyno. This is normal.

21) I went to a Mustang dyno and they said theirs reads low, but you say yours reads low. Is this just some trick used by tuners? The Dyno Dynamics is known throughout the industry as being the "heartbreaker" dyno - because it breaks the heart of every man that thinks he has 500 hp when he really has 350. The Dyno Dynamics reads lower than the Mustang. It reads WAY lower than a Dynojet. It reads WAY lower than a Dynapack (which actually reads too high on tip-in). The closest in numbers (at low HP) is the mustang, but using the above example, the same 300hp car was dyno'd back to back on a Dyno Dynamics 450 LowBoy (what we have) and a Mustang AWD500E (what some other guys have), and that 300hp rated car consistently read 223 on the Dyno Dynam ics and 249 on the Mustang. One hour apart, exact same car, same town, same altitude, etc.

22) Why dont you just make your numbers look high to be the same as some others? Dyno correction is not a fixed amount. In other words, adding 30% at xx RPM and xx power does not translate. i.e. Using the above example, a car that makes 225 is about 1.3 to get 300. A 900hp car on this dyno is NOT making 1200hp ! Dyno numbers should be used for relative back to back comparison, and nothing else.

23) How do I compare my dyno results to others with similar setups? For Subaru owners, there are enough internet resources to compare, but essentially, Dyno Dynamics and Dynapack are the only 'consistent' numbers, and Dynapack reads very high, Dyno Dynamics very low. We can help you seek out other similar results. A great resource listing a slew of Dyno Dynamics HP baselines is available in the Gallery section at the KTR Performance Dyno Gallery Web Site. It should be noted that KTR uses atmospheric correction, which we do not use on our dyno plots.

24) How do I compare my pulls to Mustang Dyno, or a Dynojet, or a Dynapack? Every dyno is different. If you want dynojet or mustang-ish #s you have to multiply by 1.18 or so, 1.25+ for DynaPack. But remember, this is just ballpark, as it is not linear.

It is regarded as the worlds most accurate dyno, it has a level of precision that almost no other dyno can match. Further what sets it apart from dynojet is it actually is measuring rear wheel torque under full real world load and not just measuring inertia.

It is regarded as the worlds most accurate dyno, it has a level of precision that almost no other dyno can match. Further what sets it apart from dynojet is it actually is measuring rear wheel torque under full real world load and not just measuring inertia.

Dyno Dynamics does not read low, it reads right. Dynojet reads HIGH, and thats a very important distinction.

Last edited by G35s-Q8; 08-09-2009 at 08:18 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:46 AM
Good info on the Dyno Dynamics.
I posted before you PMed me back so yeah...

Old 08-09-2009, 09:08 AM
You're Despicable

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Looks sweet dude, I just hope my HFCs add a bit more HPs. so now I'm guessing your car has been dynod at 243.7rwhp correct? do you know if the TQ has changed much?

Old 08-09-2009, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by Defratos
Looks sweet dude, I just hope my HFCs add a bit more HPs. so now I'm guessing your car has been dynod at 243.7rwhp correct? do you know if the TQ has changed much?
Peak torque is higher with the Injen CAI, but as i said i need a tune to adjust the curve, i would like to see your dyno sheet too, i wonder if you go same dyno, otherwise i have to dyno on the same dyno as yours to at least compare the runs.

Old 08-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
Looks good! the 15whp gain is awesome. is Dynomax the one at the end of Canada Dry street near the mosque?

Old 08-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Nope, it's Zaki's garage, it's behind Safat Al-Ghanim.

Old 08-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Canada Dry street???
Is that an actual street name in Kuwait or just a nickname of a street?
lol

Old 08-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by G35s-Dude
Nope, it's Zaki's garage, it's behind Safat Al-Ghanim.
aha. any idea what ECU's they tune? Who uses a DJ here?

Borna, yea thats an actual name lol

Old 08-09-2009, 09:31 PM
lol I'm shocked at the name.
You Kuwaiti's are so unpredictable...(at least all my Kuwaiti friends are) lol
Props on the name though, definitely unexpected.

Sorry for the OT G35s-Dude.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by Q8y_drifter
aha. any idea what ECU's they tune? Who uses a DJ here?

Borna, yea thats an actual name lol
Everything but Nissan's/Infiniti, they're authorised Haltech/MoTec/ECUtek tuners.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by Borna
lol I'm shocked at the name.
You Kuwaiti's are so unpredictable...(at least all my Kuwaiti friends are) lol
Props on the name though, definitely unexpected.

Sorry for the OT G35s-Dude.

They named the street because there was a Canada Dry soda factory there, so whenever someone ask for direction they used to say by the street near Canada Dry factory, over time the street got it's name, even in UAE some streets/round abouts got named after a land mark next to it.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:11 PM
would they be able to tune a gtm turbo kit with a motec standalone? that would be awesome lol

Old 08-14-2009, 01:16 AM
Sure they can, but i would recommed Haltech, it's 100 times better than MoTec, try going there and talk to Steve the Australian guy, see what would he say.
But before getting GTM turbo kit, i would recommend getting UpRev Tuner kit, you'll need to mess up with the stock ECU perhaps.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dyno Sheet for my 2008 G35 Sedan