Clutch pedal adjustment Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 05:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yume,
I don't think Alex was being sarcastic. If this community is so important to you I can't imagine how you can be to busy to help out a fellow member! As a matter of fact, since you stole my idea, wrote a DIY and didn't even give me any credit I think you should help me out too. I'm having trouble with one of my exhaust manifolds and I'd like you to change it for me (I have a replacement in the trunk). I expect it's only a few hours work for a guy with your talents. I'm available this Thursday.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is there any proven data that this will not cause damage in the long term? Sounds to me like it is just a band aid for a manufacturer problem and not a complete fix. You are talking about engagement point being up higher, but where is that travel going to? Just disappearing?

I've driven many other manual transmissions and the G clutch is the worst. Once I learned to drive it, I feel I could drive any manual vehicle in the world without 1 issue. The clutch feel and action is horrible, and even if it is 3 cents worth of product that can't be shared because it is classified in Area51 or some shiot I still just can't bite.

Let me know in a year how their clutch wear is compared to mine.

Old 07-24-2007, 09:07 PM
Andy2434 (G35 forum moderator) and some others (Andy can direct you to their posts) have taket their cars to their dealer and local tech asking those questions. Each time the answer was that the kit would not caise a problem, period.

Old 07-25-2007, 03:02 AM
ON
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by izmir41500
Yume. i hope to meet you at one of the meets whenever i move out there next month. you sound like a good guy.
Thanks Izmir41500! If you head out to the Chino Hills Meet, we'll bump heads for sure. Hope you to see you there.

Originally Posted by RedondoG
Yume,
I don't think Alex was being sarcastic. If this community is so important to you I can't imagine how you can be to busy to help out a fellow member! As a matter of fact, since you stole my idea, wrote a DIY and didn't even give me any credit I think you should help me out too. I'm having trouble with one of my exhaust manifolds and I'd like you to change it for me (I have a replacement in the trunk). I expect it's only a few hours work for a guy with your talents. I'm available this Thursday.
For you my friend, since you have the need to charge everyone, I will give you a taste of your own medicine. $5000...to pay back the $45 you ripped off from everyone on g35driver and my350z...and then some profit for me from you. oh and you need to READ MY POSTS MORE CAREFULLY, BOY. I don't work on your schedule... you work on mine. Weeknights are usually best for me. But for something this big, expect to leave your car overnight for several weeks...cuz i WILL be taking my time on your car. Especially since it took you two years to test out your clutch kit, it shows me that you are a perfectionist...so i wouldn't want to disappoint you. Expect me to have your car for at least five years.

Andy2434 (G35 forum moderator) and some others (Andy can direct you to their posts) have taket their cars to their dealer and local tech asking those questions. Each time the answer was that the kit would not caise a problem, period.
I'll be nice and say that the kit does work. Other than the pricing and the capitalistic nature of some people on this forum, I have no problem with it.

Last edited by ON; 07-25-2007 at 03:06 AM.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:54 AM
if the kit works why wont anyone post a photo...esp when there are alternative fixes???

Old 07-25-2007, 07:20 AM
They said that microwave radiation was totally safe and used it to test on people in full exposure with no protection. Hmmmm long term tests showed those people contracted cancer and died. Now it is unheard of to make such a claim.

Where are the long term test results?

Old 07-25-2007, 11:35 AM
LOL yeah, and my dealer said headlights do not require aiming and are fine just bolted in.. while mine were lighting just 2 car lengths in front of me, effectively making me drive in the dark at night over 40mph. "Nope, they don't need aiming, I'm sure they are fine."

Dealerships techs are obviously the best resource for knowing if something is going to cause issues or should be changed.... not.

Fact is... your "mod" is taking travel away from the end of the pedal. The clutch will NOT be disengaged fully if for some reason it needed the full OEM travel to fully disengage. The engineers at Nissan would not have made the travel as long if it didn't need to be in some cases. We cannot possibly claim we know why they did it and that we are safe from any possible consequence. I know that my clutch acts differently at different temperatures. Usually I do not need to put the pedal all the way down, but sometimes (when it's extra warm, usually) I will grind for not putting the pedal all the way down. So, sometimes my car requires full travel and with your mod, in those times, I'd be stuck in neutral or be forced to double-clutch.

If the extra travel were not ever necessary, then I'm sure Nissan would have just made the travel shorter. But they would have done it correctly... by lowering the pedal engagement towards the floor, and accounting for it in the various parts such as the helper spring, plunger, and clevis.

Stuffing something under the pedal to limit the travel is not some novel idea worth any money at all.. In fact, I won't even spend $5 on Yume's DIY for this idea.... and claiming it's proven to be safe because the same brilliant techs who can't change a tire without damaging a wheel or make ridiculous claims about general maintenance procedures say so is irresponsible.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:47 AM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Yume
For you my friend, since you have the need to charge everyone, I will give you a taste of your own medicine. $5000...to pay back the $45 you ripped off from everyone on g35driver and my350z...and then some profit for me from you. oh and you need to READ MY POSTS MORE CAREFULLY, BOY. I don't work on your schedule... you work on mine. Weeknights are usually best for me. But for something this big, expect to leave your car overnight for several weeks...cuz i WILL be taking my time on your car. Especially since it took you two years to test out your clutch kit, it shows me that you are a perfectionist...so i wouldn't want to disappoint you. Expect me to have your car for at least five years.
wow, can't beat that price, that's one h*ll of a deal, just make sure you don't post any pictures of fixing the manifold or else the integrity...is at stake!

Old 07-25-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by mal_TX
If the extra travel were not ever necessary, then I'm sure Nissan would have just made the travel shorter. But they would have done it correctly...
According to you the engineers at Nissan can do no wrong
I guess we should just sh!tcan every aftermarket part in existance because if they were necessary our friends at Nissan would have designed them in!

Old 07-25-2007, 11:57 AM
According to you the engineers at Nissan can do no wrong
I guess we should just sh!tcan every aftermarket part in existance because if they were necessary our friends at Nissan would have designed them in!
You are seriously claiming your pedal stopper is equivalent to say.. a Stillen exhaust? I can understand why you wouldn't make that claim with a straight face.

I'll make this claim with a straight face though: The engineers are Nissan are to be trusted more than some guy who wants $45 for a mystery product that turns out to be taped on.

I'll drop this now. I think I've made my point in various ways, probably best in comparison to Redlude's great headlight aiming DIY that helped me tremendously. If something is really easy and simple, it is not worth money, and you should just share it. In my case, I fully reject your "mod" and would not even consider using it -- however, I ALMOST ordered one, because I was buying into the hype that maybe it was something cool like what I might make for myself if I had the resources/time. Had I bought it, I would have been very disappointed and needed to go through the hassle of returning it for my money... because god knows nobody can sell their "kit" to others for anywhere near the price they paid.

What's the resale like on REAL aftermarket parts? How much does a used Stillen exhaust go for? Maybe that reflects "actual value" rather than "fantasy value" ?

Good luck... if your mod works on some people's cars.. or if they at least think it does, great. It's not going anywhere near my car. Improve on it by addressing the other aspects I have mentioned, and I will pay you $200 for it. After you show me some pics proving it probably does what I want it to do in a safe, reliable manner... of course.

I'm done with this subject until then.

Old 07-25-2007, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by Yume
I'll be nice and say that the kit does work. Other than the pricing and the capitalistic nature of some people on this forum, I have no problem with it.
Don't fool yourself Yume, your not my friend. You're not being anyones friend but working so hard to kill the spirit to innovate and create. America and capitolism are almost inseperable concepts. You must live in a fantasy land to think that everything should be given to you because .....
Also, I think I'll pass on your generous offer, I would never let a hack and slash like you touch my car

Old 07-25-2007, 02:22 PM
to sell a 50 cent part for 40 dollars what a 2 dollar fix can accomplish is pretty pointless. and you still wont post a pic, i bet someone will just buy one and have it mass produced and flood the market

Old 07-25-2007, 04:32 PM
ON
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Don't fool yourself Yume, your not my friend. You're not being anyones friend but working so hard to kill the spirit to innovate and create. America and capitolism are almost inseperable concepts. You must live in a fantasy land to think that everything should be given to you because .....
Also, I think I'll pass on your generous offer, I would never let a hack and slash like you touch my car
You're the one getting flamed...not me. But if it makes you feel better, you can trash talk me all you want.

Old 07-25-2007, 05:51 PM
So red, where are my longterm testing results I am asking for? Seriously you have been in this thread at least 2 times today and have nothing in the form of a professional or courteous reply to someone asking a question.

It surprises me that people will follow so blindly even for $40 in this day and age.

Old 07-25-2007, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by 1BADV6
So red, where are my longterm testing results I am asking for? Seriously you have been in this thread at least 2 times today and have nothing in the form of a professional or courteous reply to someone asking a question.

It surprises me that people will follow so blindly even for $40 in this day and age.
What kind of results do you want? I used this on my car and several others for over a year, during that time I kept in touch with all users and monitored for problems. None occured so I began marketing the kit. I thought I made this clear.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clutch pedal adjustment Kit