Clutch pedal adjustment Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 10:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you have any quantitative evidence besides "I told you so"? Can you show me the spreadsheet you kept of installed miles on each car, current miles at each "check in", inspected the clutch for odd wear at each check, anything?

Other questions: how many have you sold? What is the longest installed amount of time on any car? Anyone had their clutch discs or pressure plate inspected by a qualified professional? Had someone with clutch knowledge look it over? Inspect cars similar to the Z/G to find out the differences in the clutch action? Look into why the clutch action is like this anyway?

People who aren't asking questions need their head checked.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Badv6,
It sounds like oyu have a wild hair up your A$$. Show me one one company that will give me ALL of their testing procedures and results. Do you think aftermarket ehaust manufacturers pull engines apart to check valve and head response to their products?
How many I've sold is my business.
If you really want to know how a clutch works why don't you take some courses, learn a little bit, then take yours apart and put it back together a few times and then you'll know.
For now, pull the chip off your shoulder and don't bother asking me anymore silly questions.
People who ask silly questions need their head checked.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:51 PM
So I can't even know how many you have sold? This MUST be top secret!

As someone who is trying to sell a product, you seem awful darn defensive about this. Since when are questions "a chip on my shoulder"? You've been rude to me, who has no problem wasting $40 on your product, but can't answer my questions. You tell me that I "need to take a clutch apart", but hey I am asking you since you are the pro here right? You are the guy that knows the product and is trying to make a sale.

Apparently questions just **** you off. Guess that's why you won't tell me how many have been sold?

Old 07-25-2007, 10:52 PM
BTW, let me know which questions were silly and which were legitimate and I will retract those you deem silly.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:32 AM
Just Wanted To Say...

I did the DIY and 50 cents later... I've got one of these lol

Old 07-26-2007, 03:26 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 1BADV6
So red, where are my longterm testing results I am asking for? Seriously you have been in this thread at least 2 times today and have nothing in the form of a professional or courteous reply to someone asking a question.

It surprises me that people will follow so blindly even for $40 in this day and age.
It's because he gathered no data and did not properly record any of it. What he's claiming ins that he called a few (unknown 'n' value) people and they said "yeah, it's not broken and things are fine".

That's in no ways scientific nor by any means research.

The reason he's not professional and courteous is because his taped on product is getting ****ted on now left and right from both G and Z owners and he doesn't have the class to handle the situation properly.

Tony Colette from Motordyne and his MREV or Spacer products are a fine way of how the comradery on this forum can sitll work with capitalism. He's very up front about what he does, people know his products are quality products and he doesn't have to put a disclaimer on his products telling people not to copy the instructions or the design. People go back and buy things from him because of the way he treats customers as well as people who aren't YET customers.

If RedondoG was up front from the start and not so secretive this would've never happened. Now many, like myself, who would have initially purchased this would rather not have our money go to this individual because of the way he handles his professional relationships.

Luckily we've still got people on our forums like Yume and the bunch.

Old 07-26-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by RedondoG
Badv6,
It sounds like oyu have a wild hair up your A$$. Show me one one company that will give me ALL of their testing procedures and results. Do you think aftermarket ehaust manufacturers pull engines apart to check valve and head response to their products?
How many I've sold is my business.
If you really want to know how a clutch works why don't you take some courses, learn a little bit, then take yours apart and put it back together a few times and then you'll know.
For now, pull the chip off your shoulder and don't bother asking me anymore silly questions.
People who ask silly questions need their head checked.
He wants to know how many you sold b/c it's important to see how many people have used it without problems. Saying "no one has ever had a problem" when it's 5 people means less than when it's 500 people. Do you understand now?

Exausts are a non-moving part. The clutch pedal is a moving part. Seeing how many clutch pedal presses it requires before the 3m double sided tape wears to a point that it can no longer hold the piece together is an important issue for a buyer. Do you understand now?

In reality you're the expert and are trying to sell the product. The consumer is asking for your expertise just as many have asked other manufacturers about why their products work (for example, what pros and cons are there for a true dual exhaust and one that is not?) and that helps consumers understand why this product is superior.

I hope you take a lesson from how poorly and unprofessional you've acted in this case and your future business ventures are more successful. best of luck.

Old 07-26-2007, 05:08 PM
Civic,
From Wikipedia:
Research is a human activity based on intellectual investigation and aimed at discovering, interpreting, and revising human knowledge on different aspects of the world. Research can use the scientific method, but need not do so.
So, what part of research don't you understand?

If badv6 wants to know how many I've sold, and/or how many people are happy/unhappy with the product, he can put up a thread and ask forum members. I ENCOURAGE THIS!
If you don't think exhausts have an effect on moving parts, think again!

I've stated several times that I've had this kit on my car for over 2 years, I can't give you information about tape life past that.

badv6 wasn't looking for expertise, he was looking for an argument, and if you're not interested in my product why are you involving yourself?

I hope some day you come up with and original idea and try to market it. Talk's cheap "civic".

Old 07-26-2007, 05:27 PM
You are classy man. I am asking questions, and you can't answer them. You call them silly. I ask you to tell me which ones are silly (apparently all of them)...amount sold should be easy. I'd have to know how many people you had test this device to know how significant of a user base you might be able to handle. Can I know how many people tested it?

This is the difference between Joe Bob inventor and a skilled technical company. You throw something secretive out with no extra info and REQUIRE people not to take pictures after purchasing (big red flag). You should have had enough confidence that your product would not be reproduced easily, or lowered your price to a market value making it worth it. Most people would have paid $10, and they wouldn't question it as you had some time in and it saves them time and aggrevation. Then everyone wins--they don't have to go to the hardware store and find stuff and you make money because you sell 1000 of them. At $40, I can't see how you envisioned winning unless it was lucrative. People like capitalism. People don't like being taken advantage of (oil companies) and you are the latter.

You've been defensive since the start, and I asked only 1 simple question. When you decided to ignore and then be rude to me, I ask more questions testing your knowledge and faith in the product. You've helped me understand why I want no part of the product...it just took longer.

Old 07-26-2007, 05:32 PM
BTW, $10 x 1000 is $10,000. 25 x $40 is $1,000. Just thought I would point that out.

If you are such a creative guy and want to be an entrepreneur, you should have thought of that instead of practicing how to skip around questions and treat people like crap.

Old 07-26-2007, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by RedondoG
Talk's cheap "civic".

and so is the DIY Yume provided that performs the same as your taped on piece.

Look back on the various threads you've had. your poor judgement and assinine actions are why you won't sell barely any of these now.

Time to peddle the remaining stock on ebay.

Old 07-26-2007, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by 1BADV6
You are classy man. I am asking questions, and you can't answer them. You call them silly. I ask you to tell me which ones are silly (apparently all of them)...amount sold should be easy. I'd have to know how many people you had test this device to know how significant of a user base you might be able to handle. Can I know how many people tested it?

You've been defensive since the start, and I asked only 1 simple question. When you decided to ignore and then be rude to me, I ask more questions testing your knowledge and faith in the product. You've helped me understand why I want no part of the product...it just took longer.
What you've said here echos how most of us feel RedondoG has acted from the start of his selling this product with THETECH. People have asked various pertinent questions and yet he's too good or too secretive to answer them properly. The same goes for his partner, the sponsor.

Even a simple question such as "how does this work?" should have been answered a long time ago instead of the replies he gave basically saying "we can't tell you but it works".