Wheel buyers beware of Seller!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 07:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Something bothers me in this picture here:
Is the wheel on the car properly? The rightside (towards front of the car) of the wheel is more inside the fender than the rear part. Something is off.

The front ones look fine to me. As a matter of fact, it looks damn nice.

Also I did mention that these wheels had 255/30/20 tires on them before so that could factor into the fitment.

As far as the curb rash, that doesn't look like curb rash to me, cub rash would have started at the edge of the wheel it could be during shipping. It looks like they just dropped it hard on something during shipping. I would be more than happy to file a claim through insurance for you if you wish.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
I that's a function of the toe settings. Lowering often makes the toe setting go whacky.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sweettalker

Is the wheel on the car properly? The rightside (towards front of the car) of the wheel is more inside the fender than the rear part. Something is off.

Also I did mention that these wheels had 255/30/20 tires on them before so that could factor into the fitment.

As far as the curb rash, that doesn't look like curb rash to me, cub rash would have started at the edge of the wheel it could be during shipping. It looks like they just dropped it hard on something during shipping. I would be more than happy to file a claim through insurance for you if you wish.
Thast what Im thinking also, seems like the toe is way off
Any chance you can take pictures outside the garage?

Old 12-10-2008, 07:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Something also doesn't seem right with this pic. This pic has the wheels stiking out more than the one below. run 255 series tires and a little neg camber with fender rolling should be suffice.

You have to understand, I made it clear that offsets were unknown so you knew you took a risk you can not expect me to take the blame. I specifically told you and ALL i said was: all i know is it was FROM A COUPE and I did NOT gurantee or promise it would fit it perfectly. I always made it clear throughout the whole thing "it's from a coupe but I have a widebody so it's up to you".

Originally Posted by ttrank
In my opinion if you say something will fit and then are proven wrong you should man up and figure out a way to return them. It is wrong to just pass them off and say "sale is final".
As in buying ALL USED ITEMS. of course all Sales are final. I am not a shop and I do not carry a return policy. IMHO, if OP got some narrower tires and fix the alignment and camber, it would look awesome.

I have never scammed or decieved any member on the forums including you in anyway. I never did it, i never will.

Last edited by sweettalker; 12-10-2008 at 07:49 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:48 PM

Ghayes23 who is an active member on this forum and thread who i have never spoken to before today is coming to my house after he gets off work and he will look at these first hand. he can give a second unbiased opinion on the situation and install of the wheel.

If there is anyone else in the area and would like to come to my house and back me up on my claim, please do, I got beer and chips!

the first time i put them on, i put the other side wheels on and they were exactly the same. the only thing more i can do for the people who arent in the sacramento area is make a video of me putting the wheels on.

i cant really pull it out of the garage and install them. my driveway slopes down and i cant really jack the car up. not can i rally do it on the street because i live in mid town and streets are a bit tight. i took a pic but it doesnt REALLY prove anything. the pic shows that the wheels is all the way in and isnt spaced out or anything like that:

that was a pic of the rear wheel put on showing it was flush with the bolt on.

sorry about my improper use of words. curb rash or curb damage i dont know. to tell you the truth it was small imperfection and i wasnt really trippin about it. it was just the icing on the cake you know? i dont know how the shipping could have messed that up because its not like a dent, it looks like something rough scrapped along side it. you can feel it if you run your fingers over it. i wish i had a better camera with high resolution so that you can see it better.

Last edited by 100wattz; 12-10-2008 at 07:53 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:06 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
I think you got sucked into purchasing wheels and tires that are no good for you unless you do some major mods and spend a bunch more money.
I am definitely on your side 100wattz. Sweetalker has ripped you off.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Something also doesn't seem right with this pic. This pic has the wheels stiking out more than the one below. run 255 series tires and a little neg camber with fender rolling should be suffice.

You have to understand, I made it clear that offsets were unknown so you knew you took a risk you can not expect me to take the blame. I specifically told you and ALL i said was: all i know is it was FROM A COUPE and I did NOT gurantee or promise it would fit it perfectly. I always made it clear throughout the whole thing "it's from a coupe but I have a widebody so it's up to you".

As in buying ALL USED ITEMS. of course all Sales are final. I am not a shop and I do not carry a return policy. IMHO, if OP got some narrower tires and fix the alignment and camber, it would look awesome.

I have never scammed or decieved any member on the forums including you in anyway. I never did it, i never will.
IMO this coming from the FS forum:

"'Originally Posted by plugsnet
Do you have pictures of these wheels on a coupe.. I want to know what will be required to fit these on a coupe.....'

'I don't have any pics of them on a coupe. To be safe, you should roll the fenders. If you want to be extremely safe, put on the 255/35/20 tires that i will include for free with purchase of these wheels then you won't have anything to worry about at all.'"

i was pretty sure it wasnt going to be THIS bad. i think even with the 255's they are still going to be sticking out a significant amount. the amount of camber need will not look like the fronts IMO.

this entire thing has been a complete headache. SWEETTALKER, i dont think you ment to skrew me over but unintentionally I think you did. i think you had your info wrong by mistake and in doing so mislead me and others in the sale. it sucks that we cant work this out together and this is the result of that.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
neg. camber and stretched tires are ur friends brother. comin from a sedan owner Neg camber is the shizneck

Old 12-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Just sell them, someone here will buy them!

Old 12-10-2008, 09:01 PM
anyone here want to buy them? ill tell you right now, they dont fit coupes! i will sell for the exact same price i paid! i dont think too many people are willing to buy them here, esp. now.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Not exactly what I wanted, but I'll trade you my wheels for those. Will even throw in my Kics spacers that I spent $420 on, and they'll sit FLUSH on your car.

https://g35driver.com/forums/20-inch...452-tires.html

Old 12-10-2008, 09:33 PM
Administrator
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
The correct way to resolve this is for the seller to take back the wheels since they were sold under less than truthful details.

Wether it be on purpose or by mis-information there should be no reason for the buyer to be stuck with something that obviously does not fit as described.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:33 PM
100wattz the wheels looks good, just roll fenders flare them out alittle. get camber kit, and put mad camber on that bitch, that will look hot

Old 12-10-2008, 09:39 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Glex25
The correct way to resolve this is for the seller to take back the wheels since they were sold under less than truthful details.

Wether it be on purpose or by mis-information there should be no reason for the buyer to be stuck with something that obviously does not fit as described.
Agree 100%

Old 12-10-2008, 09:43 PM
Banned
dam those wheels look sick. Trade with dieselx and call it a day

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wheel buyers beware of Seller!