Wheel buyers beware of Seller!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 01:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think im with seller on this one... if you plan on making a purchase on wheels you should do some research first rather than assuming it will fit. not enough research. your fault.

shaving the wheels?!?!?!

also OP failed to see that the specs are on the back of the wheels and did not know how to measure them correctly. OP says hes dropped on Tein Basics if your too low and have no camber adjustment and decide to slap on these wheels with what looks like really agressive offsets that ALSO came from a WIDEBODY of course it isnt going to fit.

with seller on this one since lack of knowledge from OP. waiting on pics!

Old 12-10-2008, 01:46 AM
with those tires 245/35/20 in the front and 275/30/20 rears 8.5" and 10" seems right, they are not stretched at all in the pics... if it was 11.5 in the rear you would definitely notice the stretch.

yea, very low offsets...neg?

Old 12-10-2008, 01:53 AM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
Originally Posted by ShanesG
Just send to wheels to me, i'll make them fit!
I am thinking the same thing! Paint the centers DG and stretch some tires add negative camber and you have massive lips on a stock bodied coupe. we need pics to see how bad these fit.

Old 12-10-2008, 01:56 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
OP... did you lower the car after putting the wheels on to see if they tucked under the fenders? There's no way they would stick out over an inch once lowered, unless your car is near stock height on those coilovers you have.

You're going to need alot more than words to prove that they dont "fit"
-GP-

Old 12-10-2008, 01:57 AM
Wings Nation

Received 626 Likes on 456 Posts
This is a tough one that could go either way. To be fair though, the seller seems to have made it a point in the original thread that the wheels fit the G35 coupe - posts 11, 16, and 1.

Since you're both now viewing this thread, perhaps you can work out a solution - refund/return of wheels, working together to find someone who can use the wheels, etc.

Old 12-10-2008, 01:59 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Just send to wheels to me, i'll make them fit!
^^^DO ET!

Old 12-10-2008, 02:02 AM
Received 217 Likes on 146 Posts
My car couldnt handle those wheels, i better stick with 18s!!

So True

Old 12-10-2008, 02:07 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
^Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo not funny

(I accually LOL'd)

Old 12-10-2008, 03:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05G356MT
i think im with seller on this one... if you plan on making a purchase on wheels you should do some research first rather than assuming it will fit. not enough research. your fault.

shaving the wheels?!?!?!

also OP failed to see that the specs are on the back of the wheels and did not know how to measure them correctly. OP says hes dropped on Tein Basics if your too low and have no camber adjustment and decide to slap on these wheels with what looks like really agressive offsets that ALSO came from a WIDEBODY of course it isnt going to fit.

with seller on this one since lack of knowledge from OP. waiting on pics!
THANK YOU. Finally someone sees my point.

Originally Posted by Gdup35sedan
OP... did you lower the car after putting the wheels on to see if they tucked under the fenders? There's no way they would stick out over an inch once lowered, unless your car is near stock height on those coilovers you have.

You're going to need alot more than words to prove that they dont "fit"
-GP-
That was what my initial thought was and what few other members thought as well.

Since it was from a coupe originally, I don't believe I decived you in anyway because that is where I got them from. Since it came from a coupe i figured it would fit another coupe. Again, my mistake for not finding out if the original car had camber modifications and dealing with you in-person face to face. I DID mention numerous times that the offsets were unknown to me so it's not like I stated they would fit perfectly you knew it was a gamble and you took a risk.

Sorry for the confusion to other members hope that made it clear.

Last edited by sweettalker; 12-10-2008 at 03:21 AM.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:30 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
I just don't think he can handle the aggressivness hahaha

Post some pics so we can get to the bottom of this!

Old 12-10-2008, 04:21 AM
ok guys, i literally JUST got home. 1st off, i would like to thank sweettalker for giving his side of the story. like i said on the 1st page of this thread, i wanted you to chime in. i tried getting a hold of you earlier but i guess im too impatient to wait for you to respond after 2 days of nothing from you. i will put pictures of the wheels on the car tomorrow. there isnt enough light in my garage to do it right now.

i will admit that maybe i dont know how to measure the wheels properly, i measured the tire width length and got that number. maybe they are what you said and maybe not.

the g35coupe it came from had no wide body or extreme negative camber. so was he ridding stock suspension? your car is a wide body, but you said you cant ride on +0 offset? from the looks of it, the wheels look like the spokes are right in the middle of the wheel. are you saying you think these are more like a +10 offset? From my understanding (and many others here on the forum) on your for sale thread, it seems you are very sure that the wheels will fit a g35 coupe. and clearly on my end that is a false statement. you stated in your sale:
"I don't have any pics of them on a coupe. To be safe, you should roll the fenders. If you want to be extremely safe, put on the 255/35/20 tires that i will include for free with purchase of these wheels then you won't have anything to worry about at all." i got a lot to worry about. when did you ever say anything about it being on stock suspension and stock height? i dont remember anything about that.

as far as the shipping and meeting up goes, you sent this to me on 11-26-08. check your sent box:

hey if you can meet me in bakersfield, i will drop the price to 2100 since i gotta pay to borrow a big car to take it up there let me know, my number is 213 309 5678. you sure you rather not have me just ship it? it might be cheaper and saves us both trouble. shipping is only 160-180.

on that note, i wanted to meet up and yes i said half way. half way is not bakersfield. Fresno is half way. i would have rather meet up you but you weren't willing to go further then bakersfield. i most deff did not insist on you shipping. your other negative comment was surprisingly someone who bought wheels from you and meet up. just like my wheels his wheels were dirty and hard to determine all the flaws. i didnt even notice the damage until later. but like i said before the damage on the wheels dont bother me that much. if they fit like they said they would then i might not even had mentioned it. pictures will show. also, there is no way i put the damage on because i cant even get the wheels on my car.

Like i said before i will post pics as soon as i can. tonight after a long days of work im too tired to do it. plus i would need to put my stocks back on so i can drive to work tomorrow. so i will try and put them on tomorrow and post picks ASAP. i agree its hard to prove my point without pics. thank you everyone for listening in. i was hoping it didnt have to come to this it was the only way i can get a response from you. i guess i was too impatient buy calling texting and PMing you with my concerns. but im glad you are putting in your side.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:32 AM
Originally Posted by sweettalker
THANK YOU. Finally someone sees my point.

That was what my initial thought was and what few other members thought as well.

Since it was from a coupe originally, I don't believe I decived you in anyway because that is where I got them from. Since it came from a coupe i figured it would fit another coupe. Again, my mistake for not finding out if the original car had camber modifications and dealing with you in-person face to face. I DID mention numerous times that the offsets were unknown to me so it's not like I stated they would fit perfectly you knew it was a gamble and you took a risk.

Sorry for the confusion to other members hope that made it clear.
i lowered my car sunday morning and put on the wheels sunday afternoon. i put the wheels on when it was jacked up then i thought maybe it will settle in under the fenders so i lowered the car back to the ground. the teins are almost as low as they can go in the rears. yes, you stated you did not know the offsets. im glad that you state, "my mistake for not finding out if the original car had camber modifications and dealing with you in-person face to face." i would much rather have done that before and after the transaction. i would not have purchased these if i knew the camber problem.

i am still willing to talk to you on the phone. i promise to not get overly emotional and argue. all i ever wanted from the first attempt to talk to you was just to talk. like someone said earlier in this thread, maybe we can work SOMETHING out. you may not have been fully intentionally trying to skrew me over but i think if you were in my situation you would have acted in the same way. what kind of research could i have done to assure they will fit my car? the numbers are close to stock numbers and no offsets were available.

i still hope we can work something out.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:52 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
^Canyou put them back on and get some pics!

Old 12-10-2008, 05:05 AM
i will tomorrow, i m about to crash...

Old 12-10-2008, 05:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOL, just be glad you got the wheels because 'tis the season for scamming. I just got took by what seems to be a legitimate seller on eBay. Bought some custom 5zigen wheels and the seller only sent 2 out of 4 wheels. Wouldn't reply back to my emails so I filed a dispute with my credit card, otherwise PayPal would've given me the run around. Moral of the story is, be really careful when doing cash transactions because you have no protection against theft/fraud.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wheel buyers beware of Seller!