Wheel buyers beware of Seller!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 08:31 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
Wheels do measure 1" wider from edge to edge than actual size. If the sizes are stamped right on the wheel then your measurements are irrelvant. Not to take sides but... If OP cant measure widths properly I dont think he can figure out offsets correctly. Lets see some pics of the wheels on the car so we can see the fitment before burning sweettalker at the stake. In my opinion the offsets do look very low or negative but with out proper measurments .

Old 12-09-2008, 08:33 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I see a lil blemish on the lip.......

Old 12-09-2008, 08:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
False advertisement? Hardly.
Lack of research and posting same crap all over the forum? YES.

Old 12-09-2008, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
Wheels do measure 1" wider from edge to edge than actual size. If the sizes are stamped right on the wheel then your measurements are irrelvant. Not to take sides but... If OP cant measure widths properly I dont think he can figure out offsets correctly. Lets see some pics of the wheels on the car so we can see the fitment before burning sweettalker at the stake. In my opinion the offsets do look very low or negative but with out proper measurments .
FINALLY someone with some knowledge chimes in. His measurement is way off. The wheel size and width are stamped inside the wheel. Unfortunately offsets are not. I am now also wondering if the car was ever involved in an accident requiring repair to the suspension or the quarter panel.

EDIT: it is NOT a blem on the lip maybe just a shadow. i will let the 100wattz guy post a pic of the "curb rash" to see if somehow I could have missed it because it was so tiny or it could have appeared upon arrival. But that is why I bought the extra insurance is for.

Old 12-09-2008, 08:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets see some pics, of them on your car

Old 12-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Wings Nation

Received 626 Likes on 456 Posts

Old 12-09-2008, 08:59 PM
Hey wattz post some pictures of fitment and rash!!!

Old 12-09-2008, 09:00 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
^+1000

Old 12-09-2008, 11:21 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Pics of the coupe they came off of? S/N of the previous owner so we can see? It would really prove the case either way. Which is what we all want.

Old 12-09-2008, 11:37 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I personally had a good experience with the seller...got a good deal from him on the 350z forum for a $3500 supercharger he was selling...I actually saw those rims on his g35 when I picked up the supercharger...seemed to fit then; I even commented how nice they looked...

Old 12-09-2008, 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by 350z006
I personally had a good experience with the seller...got a good deal from him on the 350z forum for a $3500 supercharger he was selling...I actually saw those rims on his g35 when I picked up the supercharger...seemed to fit then; I even commented how nice they looked...
Thank you for your kind words. I still regret selling the supercharger

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Pics of the coupe they came off of? S/N of the previous owner so we can see? It would really prove the case either way. Which is what we all want.
it wasn't from a forum member. Maybe I will dig my computer to see if I took a pic of his car. I highly doubt it but it doesn't hurt to try. I will def look for it.

Old 12-10-2008, 01:11 AM
We are still waiting pics of the wheels/tires mounted on the buyer's G. If you have the serial numbers on the wheels, you should be able to obtain the offsets.

Old 12-10-2008, 01:24 AM
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by sweettalker
Since everyone likes to jump on to this thread without hearing my side of the story. Here is my side:

FIRST
The wheels DID come off a G35 coupe. I am not aware of what camber/fender adjustmens were made on that specific car but it was not widebody and it didn't have extreme negative camber. Yes my car is widebody/flared and yes it has stickers, so what? Don't make fun of stickers just because my taste is different than yours and I want to help out my friends and family who own the company or shops. My sedan was flared out in a way so i could have more options on wheel choices and sizes. My car does not even fit +0 offsets and it does not fit negative offsets either. It is not even that wide which is why i can fit coupe wheels and 350z wheels perfectly.

SECOND
The wheels are indeed 8.5 in the front and 10 in the rear width.
READ THE WHEELS. You can't measure from inner lip to outer lip that's absurd.
It is clearly STAMPED and PRINTED on the wheels (inside of the spokes) saying 20x8.5 for the front and 20x10 in the rears.
The lips are 6inches and such as you claim.
measure from the spoke of the wheel to the outer lip.
The front would be 3.75-4 inches and rear would be about 4.75-5 inches.

THIRD
I did not guarantee you nor did I promise you anything sir. I told you what car these came from, and described these wheels best of knowledge and information I have gathered. I MADE CLEAR i did not know the offsets since the manufacture does not release them and you should do your research but it was off of a g35 coupe to give you a starting base perspective. Perhaps you should also know that our stock camber has no adjustability and when you lower your car you need to get a camber kit anyways. Yes I did say fender rolling might not even be necessary but I ALSO said that would be on a vehicle with stock suspension and stock height, why are you only leaving out the rest of the story?

LASTLY
I have dealt with many people on this forum as well as on 350z forums. I have sold twin turbo kits, supercharger kits, wheels, stereo, exhaust components, heads, drivetrain components and even built block. NEVER had I problem with ANY of the members because I was honest and upfront and described the items with best of my knowledge. (except for one situation where the seller gave me a negative feedback because he wanted his money back because he simply 'changed his mind' and 'claimed' the item was not as described when we dealt in person and he inspected them for half an hour before buying them)

I am including a pic of the wheels before I shipped it out to let people know there was no scratches on the wheels. Albiet the pictures are crappy because i don't have a digital camera and was taken with my camera phone, you can see there are no rashes or curbage he speaks of.

EDIT: Oh and another thing I forgot to mention. I specifically suggested that we meet up halfway point to save you shipping and I was willing to drive 3 hours to meet you so you can fully inspect the wheels before buying but YOU were the one that wanted and insisted on me shipping them. So let me ask you this: Why would I want to meet up with you and let you inspect the wheels? If I posted them up as flawless condition, how would I hide the supposedly "curb damage" if we were to meet up? Simple, there was NO DAMAGE to the wheels so I was not misleading you thus I was willing to meet up with you halfway. It would have been impossible to hide a curb rash when dealing face to face which is what i wanted to do in the first place.

poor guy... good luck with the situation..

Old 12-10-2008, 01:33 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Just send to wheels to me, i'll make them fit!

Old 12-10-2008, 01:35 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 458 Likes on 237 Posts
subscribed

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wheel buyers beware of Seller!