(2) 225/45/19, (2) 245/40/19 stock re050a potenza *NEW*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 07:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by markk132
i don't see any ebay auction for rims and tires for anywhere near $1,100. i do see rims and tires for about $1,850, and those tires only have 80% tread. so if you can find this miraculously priced auction of g37 rims and tires for $1,100, then you can post the link for me ...
Try this link: Wheels_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43959QQihZ019QQi temZ290291447141QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

They ended up selling for $1224.00 + $175 Shipping. Anyone here already knows that is an AWESOME price for 4 wheels and tires... providing you're the seller. On the forums people work more like friends and a lot of deals are made. On eBay however, people will pay WAAAAAY more than they should for stuff. Heck, remember the toast with Jesus' face for a grand?

Old 02-13-2009, 10:52 PM
$800 picked up, $850 shipped......as if i even have control over my own pricing anymore.
Can't believe you've not sold them now. If you had put this price up to begin with I'd have bought them. However, w0ay is hand delivering them from Jacksonville to me (just south of Atlanta) tomorrow.

Perhaps blaming everyone else for not wanting to pay your original price didn't work out as well as it could. Looking at your thread, it wasn't me, and SURELY wasn't "twin 001" that played into the outcome. The reality is nobody, nowhere was going to pay well over a GRAND delivered for your tires. Really dude, go back and look at who all tried to help you make the sale. Nobody cares one bit to "kill your chances" or "butcher" anyone here on the G forum. However did you notice, LEON NYC (close enough to perhaps drive over and pick your tires up) and mendztony neither agreed with your price, and didn't offer to tell you why, you didn't tee off on them.

We live in a free market society and it is unfortunate that you feel ripped off by not getting your original asking price. You yourself said "buying and selling is a negotiating process", yet when anyone tried to tell you that you could easily sell for a reduced price you lashed out.

As sad as it is... NONE of us has any control over the final sales price, that is IF we are trying to unload our merchandise in a hurry. What really kills a sale is someone else having the exact same thing for sale at the same time. Wanna' be pissed... blame w0ady.

Sadley enough... the market controls the price, and let's all face it.. the used tire market is what it is. Which is lucky to bring 55% of retail on brand new tires (figuring in shipping).

Heck, these days members have a hard time selling "new" or "like new" rims for half what they paid for them, especially if they are really expensive rims . Discretionary spending is the worst its been in 50 years. A year ago on these forums rims would pop up and be sold in days. Ask the sellers now how long it's taking (and how cheap, off retail) they are having to go to simply get rid of the rims just to pay bills.

Hey, nobody here wants anything but the best for other sellers, along with fair pricing. Been around here far too long to see anything but that happening here. Sorry you felt (or) needed more for your Bridgestones than anyone wanted to pay at the moment.

Talk about getting thrown to the wolves??? Watch what happens when a newbie shows up with $1000 wheels wearing $1500 tires, half worn out and wanting $2200 for the setup. Woohoo... they'll get pounced on. Cheap wheels are cheap wheels and never get any better. Most are lucky to get less than half what they paid. (for the wheels) and even less for the used tires.

What happened this time around was clear... w0ady had the same thing for sale as you did, at the same time. One of you had to blink, simple but true. Now w0ady is in Jacksonville, FL and you're in NJ. The cost of living on the far right and far left, say CA and NJ is higher than the South. Wasn't a surprise when w0ady came down on his first, to $800 plus shipping, that's all.

Wish you the best in selling your's, especially with the new pricing. (Just barely more than I'm paying, and YES yours are newer and worth it.)

Com'on guys and gals... lets get these new tires in the hands of someone that really needs them. We're talking about a killer deal here.

Old 02-14-2009, 01:56 AM
Originally Posted by 06CoupeDaddy
Can't believe you've not sold them now. If you had put this price up to begin with I'd have bought them. However, w0ay is hand delivering them from Jacksonville to me (just south of Atlanta) tomorrow.

Perhaps blaming everyone else for not wanting to pay your original price didn't work out as well as it could. Looking at your thread, it wasn't me, and SURELY wasn't "twin 001" that played into the outcome. The reality is nobody, nowhere was going to pay well over a GRAND delivered for your tires. Really dude, go back and look at who all tried to help you make the sale. Nobody cares one bit to "kill your chances" or "butcher" anyone here on the G forum. However did you notice, LEON NYC (close enough to perhaps drive over and pick your tires up) and mendztony neither agreed with your price, and didn't offer to tell you why, you didn't tee off on them.

We live in a free market society and it is unfortunate that you feel ripped off by not getting your original asking price. You yourself said "buying and selling is a negotiating process", yet when anyone tried to tell you that you could easily sell for a reduced price you lashed out.

As sad as it is... NONE of us has any control over the final sales price, that is IF we are trying to unload our merchandise in a hurry. What really kills a sale is someone else having the exact same thing for sale at the same time. Wanna' be pissed... blame w0ady.

Sadley enough... the market controls the price, and let's all face it.. the used tire market is what it is. Which is lucky to bring 55% of retail on brand new tires (figuring in shipping).

Heck, these days members have a hard time selling "new" or "like new" rims for half what they paid for them, especially if they are really expensive rims . Discretionary spending is the worst its been in 50 years. A year ago on these forums rims would pop up and be sold in days. Ask the sellers now how long it's taking (and how cheap, off retail) they are having to go to simply get rid of the rims just to pay bills.

Hey, nobody here wants anything but the best for other sellers, along with fair pricing. Been around here far too long to see anything but that happening here. Sorry you felt (or) needed more for your Bridgestones than anyone wanted to pay at the moment.

Talk about getting thrown to the wolves??? Watch what happens when a newbie shows up with $1000 wheels wearing $1500 tires, half worn out and wanting $2200 for the setup. Woohoo... they'll get pounced on. Cheap wheels are cheap wheels and never get any better. Most are lucky to get less than half what they paid. (for the wheels) and even less for the used tires.

What happened this time around was clear... w0ady had the same thing for sale as you did, at the same time. One of you had to blink, simple but true. Now w0ady is in Jacksonville, FL and you're in NJ. The cost of living on the far right and far left, say CA and NJ is higher than the South. Wasn't a surprise when w0ady came down on his first, to $800 plus shipping, that's all.

Wish you the best in selling your's, especially with the new pricing. (Just barely more than I'm paying, and YES yours are newer and worth it.)

Com'on guys and gals... lets get these new tires in the hands of someone that really needs them. We're talking about a killer deal here.
first of all, my price wasn't well over a grand, it was exactly $1000 shipped.

second of all, i never saw w0ady's thread to begin with, and by the time i did, his were sold, and it took him a few weeks, so he was faster to the market than i was.

and third of all, i wouldn't have had a problem with you posting in my thread and saying that my price was too high IF you waited at least a week or so to see if my price was in fact too high and nobody was inquiring about them. how do u know somebody wasn't going to PM and offer me, say, $900 for the tires? fact is u don't know, that was my biggest gripe, is that AS SOON AS i created this thread, like 4 people posted criticizing my price. you didn't even give the thread a chance to create a buyer/seller negotiating process. if i was you guys, i would have PM'ed me, telling me my price was too high. that would have truly helped me, if that was your intention. or, better yet, if you wanted the tires, PM me and make me an offer. making it common knowledge that my price might be too high effectively shatters my chances of selling the tires at that given price.

and the reason i didn't fire back at the other 2 posts saying my price was too high was because they were very short posts, and yours and twin001's posts were long and detailed, and im not gona sit here and fire back and argue with people on my thread that i created to sell a set of tires. that makes me look bad, and arguing over price makes me look greedy and like im trying to rip people off. i just honestly didn't really know the going price for tires like this, so i started it at $1000 and went from there. i just think everyone that has posted in this thread could have done a much better job at informing me that they thought that my price was too high.

honestly though, at this point, i don't wana argue with you anymore. i know you we're only trying to help, and maybe i took it the wrong way, or maybe you presented it the wrong way, everyone will have their own opinion, but at this point i just want to sell these tires. i appreciate what you said at the end of your post about this being a great deal, and i can't help but agree with you. $500 off retail price. even if i didn't need tires for my car yet, if someone was selling the tires that were on my car nearly brand new for $500 less than retail, i would most likely jump on them.

i'll even edit my first post and add pics. you'll see that the rear tires still have the colored lines on the tread. they really are nearly brand new. and i've posted them for sale on myg37.com and g35nyc.com too, so if your interested out there try to act sooner rather than later, something tells me these will be gone pretty soon.

Old 02-14-2009, 04:32 PM
honestly though, at this point, i don't wana argue with you anymore. i know you we're only trying to help, and maybe i took it the wrong way, or maybe you presented it the wrong way, everyone will have their own opinion, but at this point i just want to sell these tires. i appreciate what you said at the end of your post about this being a great deal, and i can't help but agree with you. $500 off retail price. even if i didn't need tires for my car yet, if someone was selling the tires that were on my car nearly brand new for $500 less than retail, i would most likely jump on them.

i'll even edit my first post and add pics. you'll see that the rear tires still have the colored lines on the tread. they really are nearly brand new. and i've posted them for sale on myg37.com and g35nyc.com too, so if your interested out there try to act sooner rather than later, something tells me these will be gone pretty soon.
Dude, we weren't arguing, just having an open discussion. Honestly I felt like I should PM you a reply here, but your due a public explaination at least. Let's just say that all sides had their points. Some rubbed a little away from the way they were intended. I apoligize for any misunderstanding on that situation. But hey, at the end of the day everyone it seems, is on the same page.

I've been on-line since Windows 3.0 and if nothing else, the BIGGEST problem is just seeing text on a page, and not having ANY IDEA how it's coming out of someone's 'mouth' er 'keyboard', emoticons are the SINGLE best thing to EVER happen to forums. They can at least add some emotion, humor, anger, whatever to the messages. It's just too hard for two strangers to look at text and know what the other guy is thinking. Again, apoligies if is sounded harsh but all was meant well.

Just got back from meeting w0ady, WOW talk about service. Can't believe he brought them all the way up here. OTOH He's on the way to Forged Performance, worked out for both of us.

And on your price sorry for not seeing the $1000 flat out, I was figuring $950 plus shipping. (usually as much as $150 sometimes). Anyone that doesn't jump on them now is nuts.

Old 02-15-2009, 04:05 PM
yea shipping could be expensive. $800 plus shipping then..

Old 02-16-2009, 08:05 PM
bump

Old 02-17-2009, 08:42 PM
bump nobody needs tires? somebody make a (serious) offer

Old 03-01-2009, 03:49 PM
buyer flaked, still available! NEW PRICE $700 plus shipping!!

Old 03-01-2009, 10:06 PM
PM Sent

Old 03-02-2009, 07:06 PM
PM replied, bump

Old 03-03-2009, 12:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i know how you feel, im giving away my spoiler for free and people have been criticizing everything, if you dont like his product you dont have to buy it! free bump

Old 03-04-2009, 02:48 AM
bump it up

Old 03-04-2009, 07:37 PM
PM sent. I'll be in NY in about 2 weeks. Interested. I'll be in Rockland County, since it's close to northern jersey it should be easy to meet up.

Thanks,

John

Old 03-04-2009, 11:58 PM
PM replied, bump

Old 03-05-2009, 05:38 AM
i give you $600 and i pick them up deal or no deal ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: (2) 225/45/19, (2) 245/40/19 stock re050a potenza *NEW*