Those who want to add racing seats with no airbag light read below. Also, with this mod, all the other airbags will be active.
i bought a $0.95 2.2 ohm 1/2 watt resistor. (the resistor tricks the system into thinking an airbag unit is there.) I then stuck the resistor in the plug, wrapped it tightly with electrical tape and did the reset procedure below.
Nismo sells the same thing for 50 dollars. Get it at radio shack for .95 cents.
For the Airbag Reseting procedure…You must first change the SRS system to self-diagnosis mode, and then back to user mode to clear the airbag fault you might be getting after unplugging the side-impact seat airbag and driving with the car..
How to Change to Self-Diagnosis Mode:
1. Turn Ignition switch from OFF to ON.
2. Within 1 second after air bag warning lamp is on for 7 seconds and turns off, turn OFF ignition switch
3. After ignition switch is turned off, wait for more than 3 seconds.
4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 twice. (perform 3 times in total)
5. Turn ignition switch ON again (turn to Diagnosis Mode.)
Turn to USER mode
1. Turn Ignition switch to OFF to ON.
2. Within 1 second after airbag warning lamp is on for 7 seconds and turns off, turn off the ignition switch.
3. After ignition switch is turned OFF, wait for more than 3 seconds.
4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 twice (perform 3 times in total)
5. Turn ignition switch ON again (Turn to User Mode)
no more flash