Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

DD Wiring Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 11:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DD Wiring Question

I am in the midle of doing the DD conversion (Pioneer AVIC-Z1) and have three quick questions.

1. Why are there 5 harnesses that go with the Bose head unit? I know that one is for the A/C controls, and the other two fit my Scosche harness but what do the other two do or go?

2. For the PAC-PS, what harness are the instructions referring to? https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/97354-help-pac-swi-ps.html

3. I just want to check and make sure I have the wiring colors correct for the Speed Signal, Reverse signal, and parking brake/e-brake signal
Speed Signal: White w/ green stripe
Reverse: Yellow or Purple (don't know which one, if either is correct)
Parking: Light Green w/ blue stripe.

I have looked for the information, so please, if you know just tell me instead of sending me off to look for it. Thanks in advance.

Old 06-24-2006, 01:14 AM
ON
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Good for you!! i have the Z1 in my G too and i love it!

answers to some of your questions...

1. the other two harnesses are for XM radio and Navi (i think its navi) It's just there. one of those harnesses has the Speed Sensor wire. if you look at the wiring diagram (in the link you posted above), it'll be slot #18. each of those harnesses are different, so you can easily tell which is which by the number of slots they have.

2. can't help you with this one, i don't have it in my car because you can't use the volume controls on the headunit...at least that was the case when i had a sony headunit...don't know about pioneer.

3. look at answer #1 ^^ for speed sensor.

i believe the reverse wire is purple, not sure though...might want to wait until someone confirms it.

parking brake wire...don't know. I'm assuming you're hooking it up to enable the use of navigation functions (and certain other functions) while you're in park. there is a guy on avic411.com (a forum created for AVIC models) that makes a chip that enables the use of all functions (including watching dvds) while moving. it's only $25 and it works. i know becuz i have it. Well worth it, imo. his screen name is ducatiboy if you are interested. good luck with the install.