Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help w/ PAC AAI-NIS2 on 04' Sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 11:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help w/ PAC AAI-NIS2 on 04' Sedan

Wanted to pass this buy and see if I could get some assistance. Basically I am getting ready to take apart the dash and install the adapter in my car (04' Sedan w/ XM) but after looking through the instructions I wanted to be fully prepared instead of getting in the middle of the install and then finding out (with the car in pieces) that I forgot something.

So here is what I have, the PAC AAI-NIS2 adapter, a Y splitter (splits 2 RCA from PAC to line in, or headphone of IPOD) and of course the IPOD. Now is there anything that I might also need?

Now the big question is I have 2 additional cables coming off the PAC adapter (1 is blue/black and the other is yellow/black). I figure the yellow/black cable goes to the 'SWI-X' if I had one, otherwise it just sits there, now where does the blue/black cable get attached to? This appears to be the remote output, but I don't know if or what I should splice the cable into. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Johnny

Old 07-23-2006, 12:51 AM
Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
i made this diy for my 05 coupe with bose and satellite.....scroll all the way down.....im not sure if this will help.....

https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/99632-pac-aai-nis2-ipod-adapter-installation-guide-05-dash-removal.html

AGAIN ITS AN 05.....

Old 07-23-2006, 09:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bradakrez,
Thanks for pointing that out to me. I don't think I will be using the female accessory power cable that you are using. That was the only place that I could tell that directed me to hardwire any cables. Basically I have the harness that came from PAC that has the RCA, and all the other cables that attach to the backside of the radio (in your pic it appears that harness is already attached).

I was reading on some other how to's and I think maybe that wire is OK to be left unattached?? I read someplace that was possibly the remote turn on for external devices should you happen to want to use it and the other external device supported it??

Please someone help and clarify.

Thanks!