Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AC Blowing Hot after DD/JDM Climate Control

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 01:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AC Blowing Hot after DD/JDM Climate Control

I did my DD/JDM Climate Control and converted it to dual. Now my AC blows hot. If I turn it all the way down to 60 it gets kinda cool but anywhere in the70s it is blowing out hot air. I thought I read something about this somewhere but i'm not seeing it.

Old 08-09-2006, 02:18 PM
check the ribbon below where the stock bose HU would reside. I think if that becomes disconnected this problem can persist.

BTW my real screenname is Pdjafari but i've been BANNED!!

Old 08-16-2006, 10:28 PM
you forgot a plug

under drivers side dash there is a black tube and a little white plug that senses the temp in the car you forgot to plug it in. this should fix your problem

Old 08-17-2006, 02:12 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by RaFmAn123
under drivers side dash there is a black tube and a little white plug that senses the temp in the car you forgot to plug it in. this should fix your problem
yup...that'll fix your problem. it is located underneath the driver side dash, on your far right hand side.

Old 08-17-2006, 03:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hrmm, i don't ever remember touching or disconnecting anything like that when i did my DD install... hrmmm and my AC blows fine...

Old 08-17-2006, 08:35 AM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
This is probably the most common problem after the DD install. There are 2 potential problems.

1. Most common.....you didn't completely or properly reconnect the AC adapter when you reconnected the HVAC unit. The AC plug is pretty picky on how it is connected. Disconnect the AC plug, taking careful account of the 2 little fragile retaining clips on the plug harness. Then, reconnect the 2 harnesses solidly and insert the 2 little retaining clips.

2. Less common....when you dropped (if you did) the panel under the steering wheel to get access to the driver side panel that borders the HVAC unit, you dislodged the in-cabin temp sensor. The temp sensor is that little vent grill that is near your right knee when you sit in the driver's seat. Check the white (or is it yellow?) harness behind the panel to see if that got loose somehow. When and if you dropped that panel, the wire harness there becomes very tight and could jar loose.

But, #1 is usually the problem.

Hope this helps. Many, many, many people have had this problem and I don't know why the AC plug harness is so sensitive...

doc

Old 08-17-2006, 09:31 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
You have to at least drop the panel under the steering wheel to gain access to the screws holding the radio panel in place.