Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Lots and Lots of questions: Newb

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 10:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bconrey
the spacers aren't to accomodate the depth of the speaker - the stock speaker openings are too big without the spacers, so you are unable to mount the speakers.
In fact, unless you stack multiple rings on top of one another, your speaker will still not be "tall enough" from the metal door frame to sit flush against the backside of the plastic grill in the door panel. To create a nice seal against the grill, I used adhesive foam weathering strips, stacked on one another.

Old 08-14-2006, 10:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bconrey
the spacers aren't to accomodate the depth of the speaker - the stock speaker openings are too big without the spacers, so you are unable to mount the speakers.

OHHH... i got you..... good thing i ordered them anyways!!!!

Old 08-14-2006, 04:41 PM
Banned
Hey, i am with a company custom creations, we are based in the ny area if n e one want n e thing done i can quarantee it will be the best proice and the best quality, we do absolutly anything to car from dvd audion,, to custom fibergalss boxes fit to any car you want please let me know Pauliejr@gmail.com our system blow all of theese out of the water, i will post pics of what ee have done please let me know whatever u want i can get ur a price in minutes very cheap installation and part prices

Old 08-15-2006, 09:57 AM
Are you an installer for the custom install company you speak of, or are you a principle or what?

this also serves as a bump for some other people asking the same questions the OP did.

Old 08-15-2006, 10:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Pauliejr
Hey, i am with a company custom creations, we are based in the ny area if n e one want n e thing done i can quarantee it will be the best proice and the best quality, we do absolutly anything to car from dvd audion,, to custom fibergalss boxes fit to any car you want please let me know Pauliejr@gmail.com our system blow all of theese out of the water, i will post pics of what ee have done please let me know whatever u want i can get ur a price in minutes very cheap installation and part prices
Just a tip: It would be a little more professional if you wrote some coherent sentences, especially if you wanted to generate business for the company you work for.

Old 08-15-2006, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by khsonic03
Just a tip: It would be a little more professional if you wrote some coherent sentences, especially if you wanted to generate business for the company you work for.
That's where I was going with the previous question of "are you an installer or..." Maybe English is a second language for him, but yeah... wow....

Old 08-16-2006, 04:19 PM
Well, hello everyone. I'm new here. Just bought a used G35 Sedan 2003. Pearl White, Tan leather interior. I too have the Premium Bose package, and think its the worse stereo I have ever heard. I currently have like no bass. Even though the subwoofer is working. Its not worth having that's for sure. The system itself seems fine enough but, not at all to my standards, and not even close to what my friends Altima sounds like. So, I'm here about upgrading my system as well.

I check that Grubbs site. I assume that you need the AC thing cause its part of the current radio (built on it or something), and the rest of the parts is needed to fit and mount a newer radio. After looking that those prices, it already comes out more then what I wanted to spend on the radio itself. So, I may have to scratch that idea and just stick with the current radio and work off that.

I was thinking of doing this myself (I've installed radio's and speakers before no big deal). However, that Bose amp in the back is what I have questions on. Is it line level RCA from the radio to that amp? If not I will need a converter and or amp to take that HI input. And also how is that sub line run? Is it just off the amp, or does the radio have run to the speaker itself?

I'd like to change the door speakers as well. Most likely MB Quart. I had them before in my old car. Love those speakers. A four channel amp, with about 80Watts RMS X4. And 1 300-500Watt amp for my bass. Figuring a 12" single or 2x 10" sub encloser. Maybe even forgoing that and getting the Alpine LAT and calling it a day. I don't need a ton of bass, just want my car to sound nice and tight on the base and, crystal clear.

That poster that said he is in NY. Where about exactly? I'd be interested in coming down and having you do the install if the price is right. I'd buy the stuff and just bring it to you. I'd also need some Tint on all the glass, Auto Start/Alarm (Viper) as well.
djphatinc@hotmail.com
You can get me there with info on this. Thanks again.

I love my RIDE!!

Old 08-16-2006, 04:57 PM
Your questions have been answered in length in the sticky at the top of this forum titled "Upgrading Sound Systeming and Keeping Stock HU". Enjoy!