Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

anyone ever get a fix for radio/

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 01:21 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Originally Posted by Bigd2k6
are you saying the settings stay the same but the actual "audio" resets, or the actual settings go back?
The settings stay the same (number), the audio sounds thin and tinny untill I turn the volume past 20 EVERY TIME.

Old 01-16-2007, 02:31 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
^yea i just turn it up to 20 then turn it back down

Old 01-16-2007, 03:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hmmm... i'll have to try that when i get off work. if it does change, it's gonna suck huevos.

Old 01-16-2007, 03:12 PM
My G35 > Your G35
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lightforce18
Try this

Turn off your car, turn it back on. hit ur settings hit Down on bass then back up to 5, then hit down on treble and up WHILE a song is playing. And ull notice a great change in the sound.
WOWWWW i llove you! Ive been wondering why the heck my system has been sounding so ****ty lately, ive been bumping and it seems as if my sterio is just **** when i remember it to be great. I always fell for it because it still says its 5+ on trebble. Wow man you really made me happy haha. Time for the neighbors to hear sum techno!

Old 01-16-2007, 07:18 PM
I have the same problem; took my car to three different infinit dealerships and I haven't got it fixed, they say that since they can't find the problem they can't fix it. So I just learned how to live with it.

Old 01-17-2007, 08:33 AM
Same diagnosis here

The dealer told me nothing is wrong as well and can't do anything if they don't see a problem. I tried explaining the problem to the service manager and he looked at me like I had three heads. Oh God, this is annoying. Maybe Infiniti Customer relations would have some idea.

Old 01-17-2007, 09:31 AM
i've had my stereo replaced in the passed. i even posted my work order on all the parts they switched out. it is a known problem with infiniti and there is no solution. u'll have to live with it.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:37 PM
Anyone ever find a fix to this. My '05 does the same audio change. I just bump the bass and treble down and back up to +5 every time i get in the car. Very annoying, and I am surprised no one has found a fix to this yet.

On a side note, this morning i turned my car on and the display froze on the volume as I was changing the volume. I tried turning the car off and removing the key and turning it back on and that didnt work. The controls also dont work on the display. The steering wheel controls work though, but nothing changes on the display, just remains on the volume setting 14, even though i change the volume.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:41 PM
the dealership replaced my headunit since my CD was getting an error. And guess what, the problem was still there. I got used to it. It was like nature whenever I got in the car, -1 and +1 for bass and treble. I didn't even have to think it anymore, my hand just did it lol

Old 10-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by sergdan
Anyone ever find a fix to this. My '05 does the same audio change. I just bump the bass and treble down and back up to +5 every time i get in the car. Very annoying, and I am surprised no one has found a fix to this yet.

On a side note, this morning i turned my car on and the display froze on the volume as I was changing the volume. I tried turning the car off and removing the key and turning it back on and that didnt work. The controls also dont work on the display. The steering wheel controls work though, but nothing changes on the display, just remains on the volume setting 14, even though i change the volume.
There seems to be no permanent fix. Only turning the Volume past 20 will fix it, but you must do it each time you restart the car.

Old 10-09-2008, 12:57 PM
man, talk about resurrecting the thread from the dead. i actually noticed that if it's a short period to restart the car (ie stalling out with a MT ) then the settings don't default (assuming you previously turned it past 20).

it's second nature after starting my car. it's gotten so redundant that i've caught myself reaching for the volume **** on my wife Jeep... and even my home stereo. it's embarrassing when someone new rides in the car and i blast the radio on them. they're always like, WTF dude, are you deaf? so then i have say, no, see the bose settings default when the car is off so you have to turn it past 20 for them to kick in since the system is crap and.... nevermind. yes i am deaf. sorry.

Old 12-07-2008, 09:59 PM
Same problem here. I got rid of the "Blows" unit in my Z after it locked up with 6 CD's in it. I was really hoping that the G wouldn't come to this. I think it looks bad on the part of Infiniti for not making more of an effort to fix this. I did notice today that if you are listening to a CD, you can press MODE and go to FM, AM and back to CD and the settings sound like they are back to normal. Someone else give this a shot and let me know how it works out for you guys. Just another option I hope. Hope this helps!!

Old 12-07-2008, 11:05 PM
Something weird happened to mine, I changed the battery and it must have reset everything. I don't have the problem anymore. I just have to reprogram all those radio stations again.

Old 12-31-2008, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by Texasscout
Something weird happened to mine, I changed the battery and it must have reset everything. I don't have the problem anymore. I just have to reprogram all those radio stations again.
you're effin' ****ting me, right? it has to be all in your head or i'll give you a nobel prize.

Old 12-31-2008, 08:44 PM
No, I wasn't kidding. But now it's back to doing the same thing. You got to turn it past 20 to get the sound back.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: anyone ever get a fix for radio/