Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Homelink rolling codes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 11:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Homelink rolling codes?

I have an '06 premium, sport, aero. It has the homelink mirror.

Try as I may I cannot get the homelink to work my garage door. The manual says clear caodes for mirror, then press the button you want to program and the button on your current opener holding the current opener 2-3 inches from the mirror at the same time till the light blinks fast on the mirror.

Then it says hit the learn button on the garage door opener, then press the button 2-3 times on the mirror till it works.

I have tried clearing all the codes from my garage door opener, since i have programed so many cars to it over the years I figure maybe it could only hold like 6 devices. Still no luck, i can program my spare garage door opener to it no issue, so it is not a problem with the garage door opener. It is a Genie excellerator only about 3 years old. Never had a problem programming other homelink cars to it. Of course in the other cars all I had to do was hit learn in the garage hit the button in the car and was done. This one has to grab the freq from a working opener first for some reason.

Any one else have issues?

Thanks,
Pete

Old 08-19-2006, 01:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
when you push the learn button and go to push the button on the mirror hold the mirror button down instead of pushing it a few times. the lights on my opener flashes once they are linked.

Old 09-30-2006, 11:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blacksheep1998
I have an '06 premium, sport, aero. It has the homelink mirror.

Try as I may I cannot get the homelink to work my garage door. The manual says clear caodes for mirror, then press the button you want to program and the button on your current opener holding the current opener 2-3 inches from the mirror at the same time till the light blinks fast on the mirror.

Then it says hit the learn button on the garage door opener, then press the button 2-3 times on the mirror till it works.

I have tried clearing all the codes from my garage door opener, since i have programed so many cars to it over the years I figure maybe it could only hold like 6 devices. Still no luck, i can program my spare garage door opener to it no issue, so it is not a problem with the garage door opener. It is a Genie excellerator only about 3 years old. Never had a problem programming other homelink cars to it. Of course in the other cars all I had to do was hit learn in the garage hit the button in the car and was done. This one has to grab the freq from a working opener first for some reason.

Any one else have issues?

Thanks,
Pete

I could not get mine to work with my old 350Z, but now I have it
working on my new G35.

My door opener is "rolling code" but old (1999)...so it takes two
people (or a rubber band) to get it programmed with HomeLink.

HomeLink programming w/older rolling code openers:

1. Have ladder ready (to reach door's "code" button)

2. Have second person in car

3. Park just outside garage, engine running

4. Close door w/remote

5. Clear HomeLink memory (see manual)

6. Program HomeLink w/remote (door will open)

7. Place ladder under door motor

8. Find door "code" button

9. Have second person press/hold Homelink button

10. At same time press/hold door "code" button til door's light blinks

11. Second person release HomeLink button

All Done.....Press/hold HomeLink button til door operates

If second person is not available, use rubber band w/ small wad of
masking tape to keep HomeLink button pressed in step "9"

We love our G!

Old 09-30-2006, 11:44 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i never used another opener, i just did it thru the actual unit. took like 2 min to do it

Old 05-08-2007, 11:53 PM
Help... I am tired of walking in the house to open the garage door... We have an '07 G35S Sedan & an '02 Maxima SE... Two-car garage with a single (double) door and single opener... Is there any way to program each vehicle's HomeLink systems to control the same garage door? In the meantime, my fiancee gets dibs on the standard remote... Tired of the walk in the house to open the garage door. Help! Thanks.

Old 05-09-2007, 12:04 AM
just read the direction. i did exactly what it said on the directions and it worked.

clear memory
press and hold both homelink button and ur garage door remote button.
wait for signal.

go to ur garage door opene, press the learn button.

go back to the homelink and press until gagage doors opens/shuts.

Old 05-09-2007, 12:15 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by eriklevin
Help... I am tired of walking in the house to open the garage door... We have an '07 G35S Sedan & an '02 Maxima SE... Two-car garage with a single (double) door and single opener... Is there any way to program each vehicle's HomeLink systems to control the same garage door? In the meantime, my fiancee gets dibs on the standard remote... Tired of the walk in the house to open the garage door. Help! Thanks.
yea.. follow the instructions above

Old 05-09-2007, 01:13 AM
try programming ur cell phone to open the garage door. since ur wife has the dibs on the standard remote.

just program ur wife cell phone number. call her and tell her to open the damn garage.

Old 05-09-2007, 08:45 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Both of my G's with Homeline are programmed to open the same garage door. I wish I could program them to open the gates at the front of my neighborhood.

Old 05-18-2007, 11:36 PM
Still problems programming...

Okay... My situation is still pretty much the same, but here are some more details:
Car 1: '07 G35s
Car 2: '02 Maxima SE
2-Car Garage - 1 Opener

As it is a newer opener, it seems I need to utilize the "learn" button on the main unit. Considering both vehicles have the HomeLink feature, can anyone walk me through the best approach (step-by-step) to programming both vehicles? Thanks.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just in case anyone comes across the same problem I had. I've been screwing with the damm homelink for almost 3 hours today trying to get it to work. I have the intellicode Genie garage door opener with the rolling code, and I followed the instructions exactly but I could never get the homelink to blink rapidly when trying to do the initial program with the remote. Step 4 I think.

The problem was that if you a dual frequency remote, like some Genies have, it HAS to be set to 390mhz. After I flipped the switch, it worked like a charm.

I'm glad it works, I was so close to giving up and I read numerous posts on other forums, BMW, Lexus, with ppl having the same problem and not finding an answer.

http://www.genie-garage-door-openers...ictdcoding.htm

TO PROGRAM A HOMELINK DEVICE:

(This GDO is HomeLink compatible)

· Use a small flat screwdriver to switch the frequency selector to

· 390 MHz.

· Follow the HomeLink instructions in you cars owner’s manual.

· Reset the remote control frequency to 315 MHz for everyday use.

Cheers

Old 05-04-2011, 10:25 PM
First goto your garage opener and clear all of the 'memorized' remotes.
Second re-program the hand held remotes.
Then follow these steps:

Originally Posted by verbal assassin
just read the direction. i did exactly what it said on the directions and it worked.

clear memory
press and hold both homelink button and ur garage door remote button.
wait for signal.

go to ur garage door opene, press the learn button.

go back to the homelink and press until gagage doors opens/shuts.
The reason you should clear the opener memory is most openers can only hold 5-7 remotes at one time. Worked for me perfectly on 3 remotes and 2 homelink transmitters today.