Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Sweet... got my bluetooth hooked up to my rear speakers!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 11:31 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sweet... got my bluetooth hooked up to my rear speakers! (and stereo installed)

I finally finished my stereo and Bluetooth install last night. Sorry, no pics, but everything sounds good and works well.

The best thing I did was hook up my Motorola HF850 kit to my rear speakers. I cut the output from the "brain" box of the HF to the speaker and ran that output to the left/right rear speaker inputs of the stock Bose amp. Since I'm not using the bose anymore, I just cut the input wires from the amp for those two channels and wired the input in series to both channels. I tried wiring in parallel first, but it was WAY too loud, i.e. I had to plug my ears whenever it made any kind of sound, even on the lowest volume setting. In series though, I can have it on the lowest or one step up from lowest volume setting on the HF kit and it's very nice. I made a few test calls last night and nobody reported any echoing or feedback.

I still have to tweek my stereo, but at least it's in now. I'm going out of town today, so I may have to make a few extra stops to play with crossover settings, gain, etc.

In case you're wondering, my audio system consists of the stock Bose headunit, Precision Power DCX 800.5 (it accepts balanced line inputs ), Diamond Audio components (can't remember the model right now), and a custom/prototype 10" sub in a 4080 driver's side box.

The sub is a behemoth. It weighs almost 30 lbs (I've got the pics to prove it on my desktop), has a solid aluminum cone, cast aluminum frame, dual square wire 4 ohm VC, and will handle, according to the engineer that designed it, about 1500W RMS. Of course I'm "only" putting about 400W RMS to it (maybe a bit more, since the actual resistance of the VCs in parallel is 1.7 ohms), but damn it's awesome.

Anyway, I've got to pack my bags now and clean up my carport. Take it easy.

Last edited by dTor; 08-20-2006 at 02:08 PM.