Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

best sound out of sirius?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 12:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
best sound out of sirius?

Hi all i just bought a new aftermarket sirius radio kit(sportster). After the install, i turned on the radio, synced the fm transmitter with a unused station and i got nothing but static, i went back to best buy and they sold me a flimsy antenna whch helped but i still have poor sound quality (static). Im almost sure its between the transmitter and the radio. So i have been looking at the FM modulaters that go right into the radio. whats the best one for me? I have a 2003 g sedan. Ill be going to the pros for the install whats a fair price to expect for the install? ive heard about modulaters that somehow connect to the radio and dont even use fm freq.... id love to hear which is the best pick i cant wait to hear my new sirius at its best!

thanks in advance.

Old 08-24-2006, 06:43 PM
if you have stock bose, why don't u get the infiniti sirius tuner than plugs right into your h/u?

Infact, I just took mine out of the car. I can sell it to you if you'd like.

Old 08-24-2006, 06:54 PM
If I am not mistaken, I think only 05, and 06's have that option.

Old 08-25-2006, 09:52 AM
so which one is it?? can i use that sirius tuner on my 03?? i wanna take whatever needs to be installed right to the place so they wont use just anything...

Old 08-25-2006, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by cyro27
so which one is it?? can i use that sirius tuner on my 03?? i wanna take whatever needs to be installed right to the place so they wont use just anything...
Do a little searching and you'll find a lot of info about this. To summarize, you need:
1. SAT button as one of your choices (AM/FM/CD/SAT/etc)
2. wiring from your head unit to the trunk for the SAT receiver
3. SAT receiver in trunk
4. SAT antenna

If you don't have the #1, none of the rest matters (that's where I'm at). If you have #1, then you have to determine whether you're pre-wired - pre-wired means you already have #2, otherwise you have to buy it and run it yourself. You'll also need #3 and #4, which I'm guessing you don't yet have.

Like I said, summary version, but should get you started in the right direction.

...and if anyone knows how I can get the control panel with the SAT button please let me know - I have an aftermarket Sirius unit and don't like it, either.

Brian

Old 08-25-2006, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by bconrey
Do a little searching and you'll find a lot of info about this. To summarize, you need:
1. SAT button as one of your choices (AM/FM/CD/SAT/etc)
2. wiring from your head unit to the trunk for the SAT receiver
3. SAT receiver in trunk
4. SAT antenna

If you don't have the #1, none of the rest matters (that's where I'm at). If you have #1, then you have to determine whether you're pre-wired - pre-wired means you already have #2, otherwise you have to buy it and run it yourself. You'll also need #3 and #4, which I'm guessing you don't yet have.

Like I said, summary version, but should get you started in the right direction.

...and if anyone knows how I can get the control panel with the SAT button please let me know - I have an aftermarket Sirius unit and don't like it, either.

Brian
I can sell you the front panel along with the bose radio w/ Mp3 capability. Let me know if your interested.

Old 08-26-2006, 01:32 PM
Brian, i have the sat button and ive already wired the aftermarket sirus to and antenna that came with it, i wanna know if i can wire that into a good unit that will give me the best connection bewteen the hu and the antenna. im not interested it having the sirius working on my HU screen.. maybe thats the only way id get premium quality?

Last edited by cyro27; 08-26-2006 at 01:34 PM.