Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

It's possible to keep bluetooth and Navi voice... Done!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2006 | 12:47 AM
|
It's possible to keep bluetooth and Navi voice... Done!

I remember reading somewhere that you coulnd't upgrade the Bose amp and speakers and be able to keep bluetooth phone and navi Voice capabilities. Well, I just got done replaceing the Bose amp with a JL 300/4 and adding a 10W7 on a sealed box with a 500/1. Everything works like it should, but better.
I didn't have time today to install the MB quarts I have, so I tried to see if the stock Bose speakers would be able to handle the 300/4 with the gain set at the lowest possible setting, to my surprise, I'm really impressed on how good those stock front speaker sound. Oh, I removed the rest of the speakers from the back and the back deck. I'll see how much better it will sound once I put those MB Quarts on the doors.

The whole point of this post, was to let you know that the bluetooth phone system and Navi system send their signals to the head unit first. The head unit does all the switching and sends it to the amp. By replacing the amp, all you're really doing, is amplifing and improving the signals comming from the HU.

Last edited by billybrun; 10-03-2006 at 01:27 AM.
Old 10-03-2006 | 01:09 PM
Anyone have the service manual for the 06's yet? I switched out the stock HU, so my BT is pretty much gone. Just wanted to see if i could rehook it back up although i'll probably buy the aftermarket BT set for my pioneer 6800.

Old 11-17-2006 | 05:13 PM
Good to hear that the Bluetooth and Navigation functions still work after switching out the Bose amp.

Did you ever get a chance to take a listen with your MB Quarts on?

Old 11-17-2006 | 07:31 PM
ON
Originally Posted by dukieman23
Anyone have the service manual for the 06's yet? I switched out the stock HU, so my BT is pretty much gone. Just wanted to see if i could rehook it back up although i'll probably buy the aftermarket BT set for my pioneer 6800.

service manual link:

https://g35driver.com/forums/questionable-posts/107029-sticky-all-2003-2006-g35-coupes-service-manual-pdf-format.html

I've tried it to hook up the OEM BT with my aftermarket HU (Pioneer Z1) and it does work...sorta. The volume is sooooooooo low though. I don't know how to amplify the sound, so i gave up on it and will get the pioneer BT when i have money.

Old 11-17-2006 | 08:21 PM
i have that problem w/ my 06 navi. the volume is soooooooooooo low since it doesnt get routed to the bose HU and amp anymore. I guess it wont even be worth it for me to try to integrate the stock BT since it seems to have the same problem.

Old 11-18-2006 | 12:49 AM
So both of you are using aftermarket HUs and hooking up a the factory BT/Navi modules to it?

I am looking to change just the Bose amplifier for a 5 channel aftermarket without losing BT functionality.

Thanks.

Old 11-19-2006 | 09:35 PM
just bought a 2006 G35 coupe 5AT. newbie needs help with what parts i need for pioneer avic z1 install. i want to keep my bose system with bluetooth and the controls for the steering wheel. ill probably change out the bose amp later. ANY HELP greatly appreciated!

thanks!

Old 11-19-2006 | 09:36 PM
is it also possible to install a flip-out deck on the top center glove?
while having a double din in the center console?
just dreaming?

Old 12-22-2006 | 02:27 AM
Anyone know how to hk up the stock BT to an aftermarket HU? i have the pioneer 6800dvd. Should i just get the aftermarket BT and not even attempt to?

also, was wondering if anyone else has tried hking up their navi to an amp to amplify the voice from it. Since taking out the stock HU and bose amp, the navi voice has been imposible to hear unless i'm not moving!