Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
View Poll Results: Opinions on it (can choose more than one)
I like it!
28.00%
It's not for me
65.33%
I want one! (pm me )
12.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

My Custom Valentine 1 concealed display.. w/pix..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 03:38 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
remote mute switch...

Attached Thumbnails My Custom Valentine 1 concealed display.. w/pix..-dsc00759.jpg   My Custom Valentine 1 concealed display.. w/pix..-dsc00758xcopy.jpg  
Old 12-28-2006, 04:33 PM
Came out awesome, good job!

Old 12-28-2006, 04:35 PM
Banned
Thanks

I'm still looking for a button of some sort to put the mute tab in

Old 12-28-2006, 10:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very nice ..again id just center it a little bit

that mute switch is tight as hell too

Old 12-28-2006, 11:10 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by 713 G35
very nice ..again id just center it a little bit

that mute switch is tight as hell too
leave it to a noob ... it is centered. all the pix are angled to reduce glare

your not sticking your arm down there, just your thumb...plenty of room

Old 12-29-2006, 12:17 AM
Deep Sea Moderator
Where's you detector mounted? Mine is to the right of my mirror as high as it can go and I have no problem reaching the **** to mute it. Just wondering why you need a remote mute button.

Old 12-29-2006, 12:54 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Meatshackle
Where's you detector mounted? Mine is to the right of my mirror as high as it can go and I have no problem reaching the **** to mute it. Just wondering why you need a remote mute button.

Mine's to the right of the mirror also. I have the volumes set, so I don't have to change them. The button is covered by the mirror, so it is really hard for the officer to see it if I happen to get pulled over. I don't like having to reach up and look away from the road to press the button. The remote button is easy to touch and I can keep my hand close to the shifter at all times

Old 12-31-2006, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by filanj
leave it to a noob ... it is centered. all the pix are angled to reduce glare

your not sticking your arm down there, just your thumb...plenty of room
I'm pretty sure he meant "cool as hell", not tight in the physical sense.

Nice job on the install man.

Old 01-01-2007, 06:17 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by jcazes
I'm pretty sure he meant "cool as hell", not tight in the physical sense.

Nice job on the install man.
Hmm.. yeah I think you're right. I read that wrong. Thanks

Old 01-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Coupe
I did mine in ashtray as well (but w/out big red button). And here are my reasons for all you 'ashtray setup' h8trs

* It hides away when you don't need it, so when 'woundering eyes' look inside your car, there'll be one less thing for them to look at.
* Looking down at ashtray is as much work as for you to look down to change that radio statio or find some control button on your stereo/AC controller (still getting used to that fancy A/C system)
* If you don't know the different SOUNDS your V1 makes...learn them. Oh, and when your radar does make sound, just let go of the gas (no point hittng the brakes hard)
* I don't keep my ashtray always open, because I can use MUTE button on main unit, which is right above me (to the left of rearview mirror)

PS: dont be an idiot and speed over 90....i hear radars become somewhat useless (well, less time to react) after going more then 20+ MPH on highway. Plus your chance of survival is very slim

Last edited by ilyaat; 01-02-2007 at 03:23 PM.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:56 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by ilyaat
I did mine in ashtray as well (but w/out big red button). And here are my reasons for all you 'ashtray setup' h8trs

* It hides away when you don't need it, so when 'woundering eyes' look inside your car, there'll be one less thing for them to look at.
* Looking down at ashtray is as much work as for you to look down to change that radio statio or find some control button on your stereo/AC controller (still getting used to that fancy A/C system)
* If you don't know the different SOUNDS your V1 makes...learn them. Oh, and when your radar does make sound, just let go of the gas (no point hittng the brakes hard)
* I don't keep my ashtray always open, because I can use MUTE button on main unit, which is right above me (to the left of rearview mirror)

PS: dont be an idiot and speed over 90....i hear radars become somewhat useless (well, less time to react) after going more then 20+ MPH on highway. Plus your chance of survival is very slim
the concealed display hides but the main unit is right in the officers face as soon as s/he ducks down and looks in LOL. When you turn the car off the C.D. turns off and the officer won't know wtf it is.

you don't use your steering wheel for your radio? way to underuse your car . I don't know about you, but I don't even look when I use the A/C or anything... I never touch the radio because I use the steering wheel (ps you should try it sometime ) and the temp change button is huge and is always in the same spot, so there is no need to look.

if you only use the sounds, than why didn't you buy the passport? Save yourself some money.

PS: dont be an idiot and speed over 90....i hear radars become somewhat useless (well, less time to react) after going more then 20+ MPH on highway.
radars are completely useless if they are using laser... if the laser warning goes off you are already F'd.

Old 01-03-2007, 04:26 PM
Deep Sea Moderator
Radar detectors are also useless when they're using radar in the "instant on" mode and you are alone. Most people that get busted by radar with a radar detector don't know how to properly use/read one. You have to have a little traffic to be warned in enough time.

Old 01-03-2007, 04:28 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Meatshackle
Radar detectors are also useless when they're using radar in the "instant on" mode and you are alone. Most people that get busted by radar with a radar detector don't know how to properly use/read one. You have to have a little traffic to be warned in enough time.

True, but if you have the PoP2 version of the V1 it is "supposed" to pick it up. whether it does or not is beyond me

Old 01-03-2007, 06:11 PM
Deep Sea Moderator
Yeah it will pick it up but it's kind of like picking up laser. When you pick it up it usually means you're busted....lol.

Old 01-03-2007, 06:50 PM
Coupe
Hmm, if not mistaken, officer cant give you a ticket JUST BASED ON POP READING. At least i read that in some 'no tickets' book few years back.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Custom Valentine 1 concealed display.. w/pix..