Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

satellite tv

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 07:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
satellite tv

they jst came out with satellite antenna small enough to fit on vehicle luggage rack(dimensions 5"Hx32"diamemter) couple months ago, now sellin the system at crutchfield for $3499.99 plus subscription with directv for $40+ per month, this is jst for cable tv, but they did say in the near future ull b able to surf the the net at speed up to 500kbps with additional charge.
Now jst out of curiosity, if they came out with somethin small enough to fit in the g like the satellite radio(which i think is wast of money jst how often do u travel outside of ur local radio station range) any of u guys would get them. i think high speed internet are great but spendin $40+ dollar so u can tune in home and garden in ur car..i dont no..
Heres their website for those who want them in their FX
http://www.kvh.com/tracvision/a5/index.asp
also at
http://www.crutchfield.com
in crutchfield search under tracvision a5

129493-KVH tracvision a5.jpg

Old 10-30-2003, 12:26 PM
Re: satellite tv

This isn't geared towards a car persay, it's more for an RV .. Instead of having to re-align an elipitical dish every time they moved, this is a stationary digital receiver... Awesome technology.

04' G35 / 6MT / Tein Basic Coilovers
Volk 19" GT-7 Gunmetal

Old 10-30-2003, 01:46 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, great tech. Would also be good for the back of a limo/SUV for long trips. A tad big for my tastes at the moment, but it'd be pretty cool.

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

satellite radio(which i think is wast of money jst how often do u travel outside of ur local radio station range

<hr></blockquote>
That's not exactly the point-- it's just nice to have 100 different kinds of music to be able to select from, ad-free, at all times. I personally get annoyed that 20 minutes of every hour is designated as "talk" time on a radio station (ads, DJs, etc.), and lots of them change their music selection after a certain time. I'd rather pay $10 a month and get whatever I want, whenever I want. For those of us with broad or eclectic tastes, it works.

And I travel outside of my local stations all the time...[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint

Old 10-30-2003, 11:52 PM

First of all, I want to defend satellite radio:

Crystal Clear, 70 stations, artist and song title displayed, few commercials; AWESOME period.

The unit you have pictured is pretty pimp too. I couldn't see it on a car, but if I was ballin an escalade w/ rims, and I was as rich as p diddy, I would definitely get it.