Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kill me for asking another Double Din?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 03:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kill me for asking another Double Din?

Sorry to pop this question as it seems to be a touchy subject. I have searched all the way back to 04' threads regarding double dins but still have a question.

I wanted to confirm that the A/C control was needed regardless if you have a coupe or not.

In addition, are their installation instructions that come with the A/C control? I am going to put a Pioneer Z1 in my 03' Sedan and the guy at the audio place didn't really sound like he was familiar with G35's...Is soldering A/C controls the type of thing these installers do on a normal basis?

I live in Northern Cali, but will be in Socal over the holidays to visit the in-laws. Maybe I should just make plans on getting the installation somewhere down there as it seems as though there are more "informed" and "G35 experienced" individuals there.

Old 11-07-2006, 03:39 AM
yes u need it regardless and if he doesnt know about the soldering A/C stuff.. DONT BRING IT THERE MAAN! just wait till u come down to socal and do it here..

Old 11-07-2006, 08:05 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
There are no instructions to install the AC control, but it's obvious where it goes and screws in. And there is only one connector that will fit the electrical plug.

Soldering the button is easier than it sounds. I figured it out on my own by comparing the two boards. If your installer can't do that, take it some place else.

I had an installer tell me they could do a double DIN install without the JDM AC controller and that they had done that before. After seeing how the AC Controller integrates into the OEN head unit, there is no way that they had even seen the backside of an OEM radio or they would have know that it wasn't possible.

Old 11-07-2006, 05:14 PM
any recommendations on where to take it in Socal?

I will be in the Torrance area, but dont mind driving to someplace reasonable.

Old 11-07-2006, 09:45 PM
Yoshi sells the A/C control with the dual button already soldered in if you wanted to go that route.

Old 11-07-2006, 10:16 PM
yeah go with Yoshi

The only issue I had was trying to solder the LED for the JDM Dual button. The button was easy, but I didnt have a micro tip for the LED, since it was so freaking small....

Old 11-10-2006, 12:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just emailed Yoshi and got a reply back that he sells the JDM A/C controller and it does not have the dual climate control button on it. He even attached a photo of it and confirms that there is no dual climate control button. Am I asking for the wrong part?

Here was his reply:
----------------------------------------
Thank you for inquiry. Yes, we deal in the Nissan (Infiniti) parts. The price of the 2003 V35 Skyline double din dash in titanium color for without navigation/radio is,

68260-AM913 (Double din dash in Titanium) : 5962yen
27500-AL501 (AC Controller) : 23100yen
Shipping cost : 5450yen
Commission of 5% : 1725yen
Total : 36237yen

As for the dual climate control, the JDM AC controller does not come with the dual climate control button. Could you please confirm the parts? Because we have attached pictures (see next mail), we hope that it is your help.

Originally Posted by MD_V35
Yoshi sells the A/C control with the dual button already soldered in if you wanted to go that route.

Old 11-10-2006, 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by monksidious
any recommendations on where to take it in Socal?

I will be in the Torrance area, but dont mind driving to someplace reasonable.
u can take it to sound advice in mission viejo theyve done it a ton of times

or

u can find some good buddies in socal to help u do it.. provided u buy them beer food and provide some girls for entertainment!

Old 11-10-2006, 01:00 AM
Originally Posted by erdog
I just emailed Yoshi and got a reply back that he sells the JDM A/C controller and it does not have the dual climate control button on it. He even attached a photo of it and confirms that there is no dual climate control button. Am I asking for the wrong part?

Here was his reply:
Thank you for inquiry. Yes, we deal in the Nissan (Infiniti) parts. The price of the 2003 V35 Skyline double din dash in titanium color for without navigation/radio is,

68260-AM913 (Double din dash in Titanium) : 5962yen
27500-AL501 (AC Controller) : 23100yen
Shipping cost : 5450yen
Commission of 5% : 1725yen
Total : 36237yen

As for the dual climate control, the JDM AC controller does not come with the dual climate control button. Could you please confirm the parts? Because we have attached pictures (see next mail), we hope that it is your help.

that sounds right....he does get the one with the button installed once in a while, and I think that AC controller is about 40.00 more.

Old 11-10-2006, 03:44 AM
Originally Posted by imalazeeass
u can take it to sound advice in mission viejo theyve done it a ton of times

or

u can find some good buddies in socal to help u do it.. provided u buy them beer food and provide some girls for entertainment!
My wife works for Budweiser...so the beer is covered. Although I don't allow her to bring Bud home...they have a lot of different brews that are good, like World Select.

As for the food and girls, catering is always an option lol.

Old 11-10-2006, 08:11 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
You are getting the correct part. Even the ones from Grubbs Performance don't have the dual climate button. There is a blank there, so if you don't use the dual climate, it's no big deal. But it you want the dual climate, you just desolder the push switch from your stock controller and resolder it onto the JDM unit. Then just swap the button cover (plastic part) from your OEM controller.

If you have any soldering experience, then you should be able to swap the buttons. It's not difficult, but it is small. There is an obvious spot on the JDM controller where the switch goes.

If you don't have soldering experience, find a buddy who can do it for you.

Old 11-10-2006, 10:47 AM
If you only swap the button it won't light with the lights on. You also need to swap a surface mount LED and resistor if you want illumination. They are a bit tricky though.

Old 11-10-2006, 06:00 PM
Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by n2fooz
If you only swap the button it won't light with the lights on. You also need to swap a surface mount LED and resistor if you want illumination. They are a bit tricky though.

Even though it won't light up, it will still work, correct?

Old 11-10-2006, 10:23 PM
yes