Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

AVIC N1 Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 12:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AVIC N1 Help

Well ive had my avic n1 in my last car for over a year without problems, installed it in the g35, but the g35 is the first car ive amped my tweeters.

The problem is that I think the tweeters are picking up some kind of signal even if the deck isnt playing anything, its a really loud humm, or if i pause a song and turn the deck volume up or down the humm goes up and down.

its not really a high pitch noise, but i do believe i have a slight engine (higher pitch noise) that seems to get louder with engine speed as well.

I have infinity kappa perfect 6.1's up front, 6.5" kappas in the middle and 6x9 kappas on the rear deck amped by a memphis amp, also have a 12" eclipse titanium sub amped by a hifonics brutus bx1205d amp if that helps.

Ive taken it to 3 audio shops and none of them can figure it out, they think its the decks internal fans, but i dont see why changing deck volume while its not playing anything will cause the fans to get louder..

Ive had the installer re-ground the deck and amps 3 times now, any help is highly appreciated.

(and my amps power is ran on opposite side of car from the rca's)

If i cant figure this out, i might just end up buying a new HU but i love my dvd / navi features the n1 gives me

Anyone with the z1 know if it is as loud as the n1? (or anyone with the n series have similar issue?)

Old 11-08-2006, 01:09 AM
You may want the HU and AMP's to have a common ground.

I.E. - Take the ground wire from the HU, ground it to a bolt behind the dash and then split off that wire to also ground to your AMP aswell.

Old 11-08-2006, 01:18 AM
Shouldnt grounds only be up to a certain length though? amping my amps all the way up by the hu would be to long wouldnt it? (again ive seen alot of cars that keep their amp grounds somewhat close to the amps, somewhere int he trunk usually without problems)

Could it just be a bad h/u? any way to test it?

Old 11-08-2006, 07:11 AM
Administrator
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Daorge
Shouldnt grounds only be up to a certain length though? amping my amps all the way up by the hu would be to long wouldnt it? (again ive seen alot of cars that keep their amp grounds somewhat close to the amps, somewhere int he trunk usually without problems)

Could it just be a bad h/u? any way to test it?
I have had teh same problem with my headunit and have been able to minimize it using a Audio control EQS. I'm just waiting for it to die on me so i can get me a Eclipse HU. The Avic-N1 RCA preouts has less than 2V output through them which lets noise be introduced into its path. Eclipse has 5V preouts.