Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Problem with my system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 02:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Problem with my system

Hey,
So far i been happy about my car sound till today. I started noticing the trunk Rattles like a b*ch. It's like a civic passing by and you hear all that trunk rattles. it sounds really bad from outside so i'm gonna get that fix.

This is the set up i have
US AMP for sub
p4004,
4 infiniti speakers
Pa11-Nis
12' US SUB

The front infinity speakers are really nice but the rear onces i dont know..hardly any sound comes, compare to the front onces. People always used to tell me how they cant hear anything in the back but i never noticed it since i was always driving so last night my friend was driving and i was sitting in the back and noticed all i hear is BASS....and i hated itttttt......Is this the problem with all the rear speakers or can i get it retuned from someone?

thanks

Old 11-26-2006, 03:08 PM
Trunk rattling is normal if you are running a lot of bass. It's sort of a good problem i guess. You can see if you can make the speaker face different directions to see if you can minimize rattling. But most people Dynamat their trunk to deaden the rattle. Parts Express has some generic ones that are cheaper but I don't know how good they are.

As for your rear speakers, the rears are usually just used as rear fill. Music should sound like they are coming from in front of you and not from the side. But you can test the rears by just changing the balance on your stereo.

Originally Posted by Godfather
Hey,
So far i been happy about my car sound till today. I started noticing the trunk Rattles like a b*ch. It's like a civic passing by and you hear all that trunk rattles. it sounds really bad from outside so i'm gonna get that fix.

This is the set up i have
US AMP for sub
p4004,
4 infiniti speakers
Pa11-Nis
12' US SUB

The front infinity speakers are really nice but the rear onces i dont know..hardly any sound comes, compare to the front onces. People always used to tell me how they cant hear anything in the back but i never noticed it since i was always driving so last night my friend was driving and i was sitting in the back and noticed all i hear is BASS....and i hated itttttt......Is this the problem with all the rear speakers or can i get it retuned from someone?

thanks

Old 11-26-2006, 04:22 PM
are you using the stock amp to power the new speakers???

Old 11-26-2006, 04:46 PM
the speakers r powered by p4004.

Old 11-26-2006, 04:49 PM
the rear speakers are not loud, so from what your saying, i think thats how they should be. I just dont like how the system sounds when sitting in the rear seats. it sounds cheap, but sitting in the front seats...holy it sounds amazing.....
maybe i can tell the guys to retune the rear speakers?
or should i leave it?

Originally Posted by erdog
Trunk rattling is normal if you are running a lot of bass. It's sort of a good problem i guess. You can see if you can make the speaker face different directions to see if you can minimize rattling. But most people Dynamat their trunk to deaden the rattle. Parts Express has some generic ones that are cheaper but I don't know how good they are.

As for your rear speakers, the rears are usually just used as rear fill. Music should sound like they are coming from in front of you and not from the side. But you can test the rears by just changing the balance on your stereo.