Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

DVD player and back up camara installed, need help.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 06:26 PM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
DVD player and back up camara installed, need help.

Ok I had a buddy install my dvd player and back up camara and before we put everything back together I noticed that my climate control does not work, usually I set it to a certain temp. and once it gets close the fan system comes down but right now it stays on full all the time......question is could this have happened when he was installing the convertor and managed to plug something incorrectly in or not plug something that should have gone in.

Any info would be really appreciated.

Old 11-28-2006, 06:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
happened to me, and should search! everyone comes across this...if its simple, its under your stearing wheel, to the right......he forgot to plug in the thermostat sensor thingy again, happened to be and thought i screwed something up.

If its plugged in......he probably messed something up....

Old 11-28-2006, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the info, we are going to look into it tonight to see what happened. Another thing I noticed is that it only blows either cold air or hot air out and nothing inbetween...again I think this is sensor related.

Old 11-29-2006, 01:35 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
all most sure that it is the sensor

Old 11-29-2006, 01:46 PM
Thanks guys, we fixed it last night and yes it was the sensor. Unfortunately I had to pick which option I wanted to use i.e the backup camara or the dvd player due to the tvandnavi2go only having one video input working, not sure what happened to the other video input Time to purchase a single AV convertor unit and call it a day.

Old 11-29-2006, 11:55 PM
The goblin resurrection

call dominic im sure he will replace the unit

Old 11-30-2006, 10:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by urban
Thanks guys, we fixed it last night and yes it was the sensor. Unfortunately I had to pick which option I wanted to use i.e the backup camara or the dvd player due to the tvandnavi2go only having one video input working, not sure what happened to the other video input Time to purchase a single AV convertor unit and call it a day.
Thats strange mine has 2 inputs one for reverse and one for dvd. And reverse turns on by it self when you but the car in reverse. Call Dom and see what he says.

Old 11-30-2006, 11:39 AM
The goblin resurrection

it sounds like you got a defective one just call dom and I am sure he will send you a new one he is more than reasonable

Old 11-30-2006, 11:59 AM
Thanks guys, I hate to call Dominic as it has been 6 months since I purchased it and I just installed it last week but I will give him a call and see what he says. I have my back up camara linked to a toggle switch just like the dvd so I can switch it on when ever I want...

Old 11-30-2006, 02:01 PM
The goblin resurrection

ya that is retarted im sure he will switch it out he is a good guy

Old 11-30-2006, 04:39 PM
Cool

Hi Urban
You have a 1 year no questions asked warranty, send it back and I will ship you a new unit NO PROBLEM at all. Before you send it back, did you ground the green and white wire???? If not video input 1 will not work. This is the wire that is marked parking brake. This is the safety feature wire.
Thanks Dominic www.TVandNav2Go.com

Originally Posted by urban
Thanks guys, I hate to call Dominic as it has been 6 months since I purchased it and I just installed it last week but I will give him a call and see what he says. I have my back up camara linked to a toggle switch just like the dvd so I can switch it on when ever I want...

Last edited by tvandnav2go; 11-30-2006 at 04:44 PM.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:51 PM
The goblin resurrection

now that is custmer service

Old 12-01-2006, 12:40 AM
Thanks Dominic, let me check on the green and white wire first and then I will get back to you.
Again thanks for responding to my thread.

Old 01-07-2007, 04:56 AM
hello everyone/ dominic,

i am a problem with the nav also, has anyone had the problem with the unit not displaying at all?

i didn't install the rear camera yet but everything else installed, but i did miss to install the green and white to ground i will do it again but for some reason when i turn on the car the nav wouldn't display at all, or when i flipped the switch still wouldn't display the dvd,

but i did happen to buy a dvd unit to fit in the factory dvd rom slot, and fit very well and happen to move the dvd rom in the glove box, had to do a lil custom to make it fit, but all went well,

plus that is the only thing that was wrong, if i ground the both of the green/white wire and no need to hook it up to the hand brake, it should most likely work?

Old 01-08-2007, 07:11 PM
Hi Brown Man
Hope all is well. If you don't ground the green and white wire you will not get video. You also must supply 12V and ground to the unit.
Thanks Dominic www.TVandNav2Go.com

Originally Posted by .:Brown Man:. J
hello everyone/ dominic,

i am a problem with the nav also, has anyone had the problem with the unit not displaying at all?

i didn't install the rear camera yet but everything else installed, but i did miss to install the green and white to ground i will do it again but for some reason when i turn on the car the nav wouldn't display at all, or when i flipped the switch still wouldn't display the dvd,

but i did happen to buy a dvd unit to fit in the factory dvd rom slot, and fit very well and happen to move the dvd rom in the glove box, had to do a lil custom to make it fit, but all went well,

plus that is the only thing that was wrong, if i ground the both of the green/white wire and no need to hook it up to the hand brake, it should most likely work?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DVD player and back up camara installed, need help.