Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Video while driving?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
It is not required to 'know the board circuitry', you just need to know how to use an ohm meter to find the right pad to solder to. I have no idea what is going on on that board, I just know how to find a good circuit ground and how to use an ohm meter to identify a switch and I've installed several of them.

KPtechnologies does caution anyone with limited electronic experiance from attempting this install though, as it is fairly involved. There is actually enough information in our support forum to complete the install with minimal effort though.

Old 03-16-2007, 03:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Kevin,

Please realize that we are all anxiously waiting for you to hear from one of your clients that the Nav device bypass will work with an 2007 G35 Sedan. The minute I hear, I'm buying one I HATE not being able to use my Nav system while moving. What a drag and stupid just to keep Infiniti from being sued. My Garmin had this protection as an option. I think Infiniti should have had it set up so you couldn't use it while moving (not playing DVDs but the Nav system) with the ability for the user to go into settings an override. That would have put the legal responsibility on the driver and not Infiniti. Maybe this is some Federal law that they prevent using the Nav screen while driving to pick POIs, etc. but it is a pain.

Do let us know when you have confirmation about the 2007 G35 Sedan.

Old 03-16-2007, 03:32 PM
^ +1 to purchase upon success

Old 03-16-2007, 05:16 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
I have no plans to test one out myself, unless someone near Dayton, Ohio contacts me. Unfortunately, Ohio is not the best place to find test cars. The G35 is still fairly rare here, and 95% of them are driven my older females.

All of our module come with a money back guarentee and technical support. I won't lie, this module isn't the easiet product to install, but it can be done by anyone who has ever soldered on a circuit board before and knows how to use an ohm meter.

We also, from time to time, have offered 'testing' discounts for makes/models we have not worked with.

Maybe I can test drive an '07 for a day at my local dealership! That might not be a bad idea....

Old 03-17-2007, 02:33 PM
Talking

Kevin,

That's a great idea. Test drive an '07 and while you are out on the test drive, find a place to pull off and install and test your module but don't tell anyone. Then you'll know if it works. And just think, whoever gets the car with your device will absolutely love the car and think it's supposed to work that way!!!

Gary

Old 04-21-2007, 08:49 AM
Question about this....if I want to get my video working on my 07 G35x with Premium Package an siruis, what needs to be done? Can I just cut the e-brake wire and ground it and cut the VSS wire and that's it? I don't have a navigation system, so I would imagine I don't need a relay switch to complete the circuitry. I wish someone had a DIY photo guide, I am too much of a noob to do this on my own...