Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

OEM NAV 6.5 Disc Issues - Cannot change state on address entry

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OEM NAV 6.5 Disc Issues - Cannot change state on address entry

I recently installed an '05 Navi into my car that didn't have nav. The system correctly shows my location in Georgia but I cannot enter any addresses outside of the state of California. If I set the country to Canada, I can choose the different provinces but not in the US. I grossly overpaid for the 6.5 navi disc from the dealer but it did not include a CD for a software upgrade or anything and I asked them but they said there wasn't one. Is there the possibility the control unit is from a previous year and does not have properly upgraded firmware to support the 6.5 disc. If so, does anyone know where I can find such a disc or a previous dvd version to test? If it's the disc, I'll try to get an exchange but my dealer parts dept isn't being very helpful and seems to like to gouge me on anything it can.

Here's a pic of the error I see:

I made a thread about this in the Sedan section but it hasn't been much help. Other thread w/ pictures:
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v35-2003-06/133311-05-nav-into-06-sedan-running-but-having-problem-need-help-05-navi-people.html

Thanks