Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Double Din-ANSWER!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 03:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Double Din-ANSWER!!!

Same here.. Someone should have ordered a bunch of these controllers,panels and brackets, etc from J-Garage. Does anyone have these domestically? God I am in the middle of an install and looks like I am going to have to do everyting else, and basically run all the wires to be ready when I get all the parts in for the aftermarket deck. I am doing Focal Tweets, *we used the stock location* with the exception of a bit of grinding (PK2 6 1/2" in the door and 6 1/2" Polyglass slims in the rear). Just now starting to do the trunk. Everything of course is Dynomated out. We are doing JL 12" W6V2 and JL amps under plexi. I want a better deck!!!!!!!!!!
<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by cloudkid on 02/22/04 12:18 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 02-22-2004, 06:12 PM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts

You can go to Japan and order/pick up these parts from any Japanese Nissan Parts Dept. You can pick up as many parts as you want (if you want to make some $$$) but you might have to deal with customs when returning to US.

If you have a friend/extra-marital girlfriend/lover/whatever... in Japan, they can order the parts and mail them to you. Same issues though....customs and international shipping.

J's is very familiar with international shipping as they do a lot of exporting vehicles. Their prices for these parts are comparable to other auto enthusiatst stores and japanese websites as well as other Nissan parts depts. Shipping prices is fair....$57 for the boxes, that's average for what you order according to my source.

One of my best friends who lives in Tokyo (a Microsoft Exec and fellow car/home audio enthusiast) did all this research for me as I too, wanted the cheapest prices.

Again, I stated it before, dont' ask your local Nissan or Infiniti parts dept. to order for you from Japan. They can't. One parts dept. guy told me that if any employee gets caught swapping car parts internationally, even legally and with proper payment, the employee will get fired.

Hope this info helps....

Old 02-22-2004, 10:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what if i only want to get my one set, will it be a big hassle? with customs i mean. how much money can i save?

G35S 6MT
Technosquare ECU
350Z Springs & Struts
6-wire ground kit

Old 02-23-2004, 03:55 PM

If you get once set, it wouldn't be much cheaper. Again, J's is a tad bit more expensive than some places in Japan but they are very familiar with international shipping and customs. There are a few places in Japan cheaper than J's but again they do more domestic sales rather than international shipping.

Grubb's in TX was working with japanparts.com to get these parts so they can sell them locally. I forwarded my email from J's to Grubb's asking if their parts from japanparts.com would be cheaper and they said J's prices are "a real good deal" . Without exact price quotes from Grubbs, I'm assuming what they meant by that was it would be cheaper than parts from japanparts.com. Just an assumption though.....

Old 02-23-2004, 04:29 PM

I just ordered mine from J's today. Sent him a fax! Hopefully within the next few months I can finally install a "real" deck!!

Old 02-23-2004, 05:28 PM

Good job! Take some pix. The longest wait time is for J's to get the parts. The shipping time is short (well, for me it was. I live in Hawaii and Japan is closer to me than to the mainland)

Did you get the SWI-X? I returned mine and decided not to install it d/t the fact my deck has a remote control and the controls are pretty accessible. Keep us posted.

Old 02-23-2004, 07:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, actually, i was asking how much cheaper it would be if i went to japan to get them. or i can have my cousin who lives in japan bring me a set when he comes to visit next month.

G35S 6MT
Technosquare ECU
350Z Springs & Struts
6-wire ground kit

Old 02-24-2004, 11:41 AM

I forgot how long everyone has advised it takes (besides getting to Hawaii fast) to ship and receive. The bracket I went with was the 700. (Hopefully this should not be a problem with the factory navigation). I guess I am going to be without a radio for about 2 weeks!!! No!!! Everything else is about finished up and I will have pictures posted early next week. I just do not want to spend the money to utilize the factory deck when I know it is going to be gone! Wiring, etc will be ready to fire away once I get the DD. Setup will be consisiting of (Focal PK2's 6 1/2" and Focal 6 1/2" Poly Glass Slims in the rear.) I am taking out the 6 x 9 b/c their will be no need for the extra speakers and will be opening these up to help "air flow" on the sub. Everything in the rear will be sunk down with the JL 500/1 and 450/4 with two Hooker Caps under plexi glass. I went ahead and went with a ported 12" JL W6V2. Going with the electronic crossover and probably an eq of some sort. Deck will more likely be an Eclipse. So here again..... got to wait for the parts from J's, but I hope it will be worthwhile in the long run... Have not driven it in over a week!!!! lol

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by cloudkid on 02/24/04 08:59 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 02-24-2004, 02:14 PM

Nuttyprof,

If you or your cousin picks it up in Japan from a Nissan dealer, you could probably get it a tad bit cheaper. In addition, you wouldn't have to pay for the 5% credit card fee nor the shipping that J's or any other exporter from Japan would charge. Customs should not be an issue if you bring in only 1 set.
One guy here in Hawaii brought back 4 sets of parts from Japan without any reported customs problems. So if you bring back one set of parts, you shouldn't have any problems.

Old 03-30-2004, 08:20 PM
Black 2004 G35 6MT, chrome wheels, black, still pristine

Where did you guys install the PAC SWI-X device? I know the brain is under/around the dash... but that infared thing has to poke out somewhere - is it mounted around the rearview mirror or down below somewhere. I think I'm going that route to preserve my steering wheel controls if it works well.

Old 03-30-2004, 08:52 PM

Someone put it in the map light so it points down towards the IR sensor on the deck. Plus, if you put it there, it will be out of sight.

Old 04-05-2004, 11:48 PM

I just got in my Double Din Kit from J's Garage on Saturday. Man he is good!! I ordered the package on March 30th and it was at my door by April 3rd. On top of that he is excellent when it comes to customer service.... Kudos to Yosi!!!

Old 04-06-2004, 12:08 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

There isn't a part # from the Unit in Japan that has the dual climate control button?? Also.. I don't have the titanium dash right now, is there a part # with the graphite color?

Old 04-06-2004, 02:43 AM

The dual climate button comes from your existing climate control. You have to do a little bit of soldering. Not difficult if you've ever done it before.

Old 04-06-2004, 08:52 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

So let me get this straight..the only reason you have to pay $230 for the Japan AC controller is for the actual physical buttons since if you could get the buttons somehow you wouldn't need the AC controller right?

2004 G35 5AT DG/Graphite/Premium/Huper Optik Tint

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Double Din-ANSWER!!!