Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Blinder Laser Jammer Group Buy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 11:45 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
I don't dissagree, it's just that ALL LED's emit laser light. Some better than other. But in the end they are ALL LED's. At least that is what I was taught in electronics. If you have info on the difference between the two could you please post it?

Old 02-28-2007, 11:51 PM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How long does the cop need to put the laser on you to get a reading...If he doesn't get one wouldn't her get curious?

Old 03-01-2007, 12:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Takes 0.3 seconds on most guns. Blinder has an off switch that you hit after you slow down to the speed limit range so they can get a reading. My LPP has an off switch and also an 8sec timer mode so it turns it self off once its been hit after 8 seconds of jamming, you can disable it so it stays on until you hit the off switch. Laser guns do have equipment errors caused by headlights and other, so its not uncommon for it to ocasionally take a few seconds to get a reading. Corvettes with flip down headlight and no front plate usually cant be targeted until under 500' becasue they have very little vertical reflective surface. But yes you are right, dont jam to gun, slow to the speed limit and turn it off so its not obvious.

The one I use LPP or Laser Pro Park is actually a laser parking sensor. It gives a range beep as I pull up to objects so I dont hit them. The users manual actuall says nothing of jamming laser. It does indicate that the off switch should be used if it is causing interference with other devices. The laser adaptive cruise control uses the same wavelenth of laser, 904nm, since its under FDA control not FCC and no license is needed. The cruise control will set off jammers.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:06 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I've read about the LPP and I'm sure it's a good unit but it's also about twice the price for a single head. One thing I do know is that the blinder does work, I've been using them for 4 years from the original M10 twin to the newer M20s and bottom line is they do perform. They also have a rock solid customer service department in the US with 1 year warranty and 1 year ticket guarantee (they pay for your speeding ticket, with conditions of course) Just a thought but wouldn't a fan type of output be better? if it's installed at a sight angle the beam would still reach the gun, if the beam is a pinpoint directional unit and not aimed perfectly the gun would not even see it. Shure there are seveal units out there that works, imo this is just the best buy when you consider price and performance. The best feature about the Blinder that I like is the fact that it will stay active as long as you're getting shot, most other jammers will turn off after 5 seconds.

How long does the cop need? it's instant as soon as he shoots he can get a reading. Thats why laser detectors don't work, you don't have anytime to slow down. It is recommended that after you get shot, slow down and turn the jammer off so he can get a reading so they don't get too suspicious.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by Texasscout
I don't dissagree, it's just that ALL LED's emit laser light. Some better than other. But in the end they are ALL LED's. At least that is what I was taught in electronics. If you have info on the difference between the two could you please post it?

http://www.fiber-optics.info/articles/laser-diode.htm

and do a google on laser diodes, there is plenty of info out there. It was all new to me two months ago just after I got a laser gun ticket. Did tons of research, now I have a great parking sensor that just happens to jam laser too BONUS

Old 03-01-2007, 12:10 AM
Blinder is a great product and does work. Its a great option for those on a budget. I was torn between the two. Honestly it came down to the LPP jamming head fit in my front grill perfectly! Sorry to jumble up your group buy. Im out.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:44 AM
Premier Member

Pics of your install? ^^^

Old 03-01-2007, 09:47 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Originally Posted by MardiGrasMax
[url]ht, now I have a great parking sensor that just happens to jam laser too BONUS
Thanks for the link.

It will be interesting to see if this "Parking Sensor" will be legal in states that prohibit laser jamming.

Old 03-14-2007, 08:12 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
no interest huh.

If anyone want's one PM me and I'll be making another order soon.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:29 PM
I have this product on both of my cars and love it. I did a group buy on here last year and no one bought it. Most people are scared that it is illegal.
Best of luck on the GB. This is a great product and would not drive with out it on my cars.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:46 PM
I want one...