Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Installing An Eclipse Double Din in WA ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 03:17 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installing An Eclipse Double Din in WA ?? DUAL Climate Control, How to install??

I just purchased an Eclipse AVN5510 Navigation system. I have an 06 G35 with bose system and steering controls. I'm looking for a GREAT place who can install this screen in my car with absolutely no problems and do a perfect job!
Does anyone know a GREAT place that does quality work in Western WA area. Seattle, Tacoma, Etc. ?

Last edited by Concealed StrateG35; 02-28-2007 at 10:29 PM.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:20 PM
You're going to need to obtain the Double Din kit first...

Install is really easy once you have the kit. I would recommend giving it a try yourself

Old 02-28-2007, 03:22 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Igor911
You're going to need to obtain the Double Din kit first...

Install is really easy once you have the kit. I would recommend giving it a try yourself

I have the dash kit already, and hell now I'm not trying it myself. Everyone I call (Best Buy, Car Toys, Magnolia) they all tell me it's a tough install and that it will take them around 4hours to complete. Plus they all seem confused and like scared to do it when I tell them what i got.

But I have the dash kit already plus the wiring harness

Old 02-28-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by G35Coupe6MT06
I have the dash kit already, and hell now I'm not trying it myself. Everyone I call (Best Buy, Car Toys, Magnolia) they all tell me it's a tough install and that it will take them around 4hours to complete. Plus they all seem confused and like scared to do it when I tell them what i got.

But I have the dash kit already plus the wiring harness
It took me about 45 mins to an hour for the entire install, including taking apart the dash and putting it back together.

You're going to need the line converter if you have the bose.

Old 02-28-2007, 03:32 PM
Banned
It took me about 45 mins to an hour for the entire install, including taking apart the dash and putting it back together.

You're going to need the line converter if you have the bose.
Really people are telling me it's a 4hour job, Did you tuck all the wires properly and used zip ties and black tape as well??? Did you do a clean install or just threw the wires back there?

What is the line converter? What does that do and where can I purchase that from? I ordered my double din from crutchfield.com and they sent me a wiring harness and Antenna Adapter Diversity antenna to Motorola M & F what ever that is... Did you need something to bypass the bose?

Old 02-28-2007, 03:50 PM
Really people are telling me it's a 4hour job, Did you tuck all the wires properly and used zip ties and black tape as well??? Did you do a clean install or just threw the wires back there?

What is the line converter? What does that do and where can I purchase that from? I ordered my double din from crutchfield.com and they sent me a wiring harness and Antenna Adapter Diversity antenna to Motorola M & F what ever that is... Did you need something to bypass the bose?
You can use this:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-lN0n4yN...751#morephotos

Here is what my install looks like:

Old 02-28-2007, 07:00 PM
Diamond Audio Speakers

How do you like the Diamond Audio Speakers?

Old 02-28-2007, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by nicksac
How do you like the Diamond Audio Speakers?
They are amazing, if given enough power...

Had them in my last car, sold it so decided to utalize them in the G

Old 02-28-2007, 10:22 PM
i have a DD Eclipse head unit installed and what not, but how do i go about getting that "dual" button on the ac controller?

Old 02-28-2007, 10:29 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by TwixG35
i have a DD Eclipse head unit installed and what not, but how do i go about getting that "dual" button on the ac controller?
People say you have to get some soldering done. they have to take out the button from the OEM one and solder it together with the JDM controller you got. But I don't know the specifics, Any help on this igor911 ??

Old 03-01-2007, 12:08 AM
People say you have to get some soldering done. they have to take out the button from the OEM one and solder it together with the JDM controller you got. But I don't know the specifics, Any help on this igor911 ??
I just simply figured it out on my own, its not complicated once you have everything apart. I took out the resistor and LED from the stock one and resoldered it to the same location on the JDM unit and installed the button instead of the blank.

Took about 30 mins or so and cost me a burned finger

Old 03-01-2007, 05:45 AM
Banned
I just simply figured it out on my own, its not complicated once you have everything apart. I took out the resistor and LED from the stock one and resoldered it to the same location on the JDM unit and installed the button instead of the blank.

Took about 30 mins or so and cost me a burned finger
Ok cool, sounds easy enough, I thought I had to deal with wires and other buttons or circuit board, etc.

ANyway I have this other problem I have the 06 Dash kit, first of all how the heck do you take the finisher/trim off the car? I tried popping it off and it's not working, do I have to take the bottom trim that goes around my shifter off first then take the top of off with screws?? How do I remove everything and install the dash kit??

Also what did you use to be able to use your STOCK BOSE system????

And are you using your steering controls?

Old 03-01-2007, 01:55 PM
Wink

Ok cool, sounds easy enough, I thought I had to deal with wires and other buttons or circuit board, etc.

ANyway I have this other problem I have the 06 Dash kit, first of all how the heck do you take the finisher/trim off the car? I tried popping it off and it's not working, do I have to take the bottom trim that goes around my shifter off first then take the top of off with screws?? How do I remove everything and install the dash kit??

Also what did you use to be able to use your STOCK BOSE system????

And are you using your steering controls?
You really should do a search on how to take apart the console. You will find threads with many pictures/instructions.

I used my stock Bose system for 3 days before I completely replaced everything. If you notice my SIG, you can see a description of what I have. No stock parts left. And yes, I'm using the stock steering controls. PAC makes a module to interface with the Eclipse and it can easily be implemented into the g35 if you solder-in the correct resistors.

Old 03-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Banned
You really should do a search on how to take apart the console. You will find threads with many pictures/instructions.

I used my stock Bose system for 3 days before I completely replaced everything. If you notice my SIG, you can see a description of what I have. No stock parts left. And yes, I'm using the stock steering controls. PAC makes a module to interface with the Eclipse and it can easily be implemented into the g35 if you solder-in the correct resistors.

Yes I found threads with pics and installation instructions, but nothing about the bose adapter, why did you completely replace everything? What adapter did they use in order for your bose to work?

Old 03-01-2007, 02:17 PM
Yes I found threads with pics and installation instructions, but nothing about the bose adapter, why did you completely replace everything? What adapter did they use in order for your bose to work?
I showed you what adaptor you will need...just give it to your installer, they'll know what to do with it.

I used a line converter when I had the bose speakers working temporarily. I replaced everything because I'm pushing 150w RMS to my speakers...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installing An Eclipse Double Din in WA ??