Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

One more Stealth G install for ya :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 03:54 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
One more Stealth G install for ya :)

Probably getting bored with me by now hehe, but who knows, this may help someone get an idea for their own car lol

anyway, 06 G35 Coupe...

goals:

1. good balanced sound quality
2. installation of clarion max675 and nav unit
3. installation of ipod cable and Raytel bluetooth unit
4. completely hidden

lets get started...

using the double din finisher, the clarion MAX675 double din headunit is installed. The difference between the clarion and the pioneers is that this things got a HUGE FAT face, as a result, it sits out a little bit more...

Note the Raytel Bluetooth control unit installed on the upper cubby door, so when a phoen comes in, the cusotmer just flips it up to see whos calling. the clarion IPOD cable is also in the cubby for quick and stealthy attachment. The DLS remote bass control is in the cig tray as usual.

The clarion HDD nav module is installed int he stock navi spot, wtih a flsuh panel to give it a relatively stock look.

the microphone for the raytel bluetooth unit is in the A pillar, and an extra 5.25" speaker is tucked away in the dash for voice output, it acutally sends a pretty strong voice out, and the raytel will auto mute the HU when a phone is being used.

front stage is a set of DLS ultiamte UP36 3 way component set. THe midrange and tweets are flushed into the kick panel, while the midbass is semi-sealed int he door, and the rest of the door is dampened. And yes, eye level staging and decent center stage with the speaker off axis in kicks

the rear 6x9s were removed for better bass response. for this car, i wanted to do something a little different so two things:

The DLS Reference RA50 amp was fliped upside down, a plexi cover replaces the metal cover wtih my logo...

and since depth is always an issue with the G35 stealth installs, a pair of elemental Designs SQ10 is used...they are 3" deep! and produce good clean bass...here is one of htem next to a roll of tape for reference:

okay, so here is the view of the trunk normally....nothing there:

lift up the stock carpet and this is what it looks like, a vinyl center floor with a black grill cover

and finally, here is hwat it looks like with teh grille removed. the two SQ10s are upfront, with the upside down RA50 in the middle, andt he xovers for the UP set in the back, also exposed and under plexi. the floor is vinyl in a similar color as the exterior (i know with my camera it looks lighter by a lot lol), flushed in subs...etc etc...

and one more shot with the floor piece off to show the wiring job...

Old 03-16-2007, 05:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
another awesome installation man..Keep it up!

Old 03-16-2007, 08:26 PM
nice install.

Old 03-16-2007, 10:21 PM
Why do I bother to DIY???
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks awesome...the design in the trunk looks like a robot's face.

Old 03-16-2007, 11:12 PM
lol totally, i didnt even realize that until you said it and iw ent back and looked at the pics lol

Old 03-17-2007, 12:05 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bored? Helll no! I love seeing your installs. They are very well executed and conservative at the same time. You should do this for a living. = )

I was very interested in this Clarion unit but find it hard to swap out my stock deck since I already have the bluetooth, iPod connection, and just bought a portable navi.

Once again, clean install. Thanks for sharing.

Old 03-17-2007, 12:14 AM
wow very stealth.. but where did you put the spare tire?

Old 03-17-2007, 01:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i hope u have fans down there man otherwise ur going to blow ur **** up

spear tires are over rated, i took mine out first day i got car, dude get AAA its only 40 a year

also loving the tweets in the fron kick panel

Old 03-17-2007, 02:12 AM
Originally Posted by Scootch
i hope u have fans down there man otherwise ur going to blow ur **** up

spear tires are over rated, i took mine out first day i got car, dude get AAA its only 40 a year

also loving the tweets in the fron kick panel

acutally, amps blowing up are overated good amps, such as the DLS reference and ultimate line, can run all day in upside down, unventilated locations without having a single overheating problem this is also true with amny of today's high quality amps such as genesis, audison or mac...

the whole amp heating up blowing up is something that carries over from way back or with amps that...shall we say, dont have the most efficient heatsink system

i havent had a single overheat issue yet with any of my DLS reference or ultimate installs, and 99 percent of them are under full covers heck, i give hour long almost full volume listneing demos in my own car, with a DLS A5, under full cover, and 1" thick rubber mat, so zero circulations, and after wards, the amp is only luke warm hehe

but after all that...for this car, yes, i do have two fans down there this is becuase this car is out of LA, 5 hours away, and i wanted to be sure since its not as simple as driving to me to take care of it

haha

b

Old 03-17-2007, 07:57 AM
Wow that's a great looking install!!!
How do you like the Raytell bt? I'm thinking of going with the Parrot 3300 with GPS so I can conect it to my phone for navigation. Where exaclty did you place the extra speaker? How is the mic placement, is it clear for the person on the other end?
Thanks!

Old 03-17-2007, 12:01 PM
the mic placement is perfect at least when i used it to call my wife. the speaker i had to tuck in the dash out of sight, but acutally, provides enough volume to speak fine at highway speed.

i dont have a lot of expeirnce with these add on bluetooth unit, infact, this ist he first one i have ever done...i think if you are doing an aftermarket HU, its best to have one made BY the manufacturer, such as when you do the pioneer avic units you get a pioneer BT unit that plugs in...

again, i dont know alot about these so i cant really say too much...

I can tell you though, i am not the biggest fan of hte clarion max675 hehe

b

Old 03-17-2007, 12:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well now you have to give your thoughts on the Clarion Max675. You can PM info to me if you prefer.

Old 03-17-2007, 12:49 PM
acutally i can do it right here:

pros: Good picture quality, very nice and classy looking GUI, not a lot of wires out the back so easier to stuff, and overlal relatively simple to operate, not as intuitive IMO as pioneer navs, but better than eclipse for sure.

cons: Kinda of a fat face, pretty weak RCA outputs...i know i have done the same car, same equipment with a pioneer D2 or Z1, both are rated at a meager 2volts, but both of them cna get louder and cleaner than the clarion wtih similar amp gain settings. Also, the premap seems noticablly clip at volume 28ish...max is 33, meaning at full clean rated output, i am not even sure if its putting out 2volts... lack of EQ adjustment, the three bands of EQ adustment doesnt cover the right freq IMO...comapred to the same three band parametric of the pioneers...3-6khz range not adjustble, 150-300 range not ajustable

overall, its a dcent headunit loosk wise, but the Sound performance adjustment to me, leaves something to be desired...

b

Old 03-17-2007, 11:11 PM
Hello all!!
Well I'm the owner of this puppy and I must say I look like this----> (big smile and green because I just got through a gauntlet driving my car back from San Jose to Glendale (LA) with the music bumping).
I wont comment on the Clarion or the Raytel just yet, as I still need to get the gist of them. But the sound....
WOW! Bing stated this is an entry lvl setup and there is a difference compared to the Bose audio. I've never known sound could be so clean, crisp, and put to a level in your car, like focused, to where the dash is. Never got that from the Bose. I'm going to be digging up all my old cd's and giving them a spin, and hearing how they should sound.
Workmanship is top notch (as usual from Bing). The trunk setup is fantastic, going as far as getting the blue vinly to be similar to my Lakeshore.
Overall I'm sprung on what Bing has designed for me and loving and going to be loving everybit of it.
Along with quality and passion for his work, there's no dobut Bing would be there if something goes wrong. Simplicity In Sound = highly recommended!!

Old 03-18-2007, 12:51 AM
Sneaker Whore
I wish you live in the east coast. So, I can go to you for a install..I'm always amazed at the work that you do. Consider me a big fan...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: One more Stealth G install for ya :)