Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Exploded view pics of dash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 04:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exploded view pics of dash

I need a exploded view pics of the dash, the cubby area and the shifter area... because I'm missing some screws, I've been looking through the FSM for an hour already and still can't find it. Anyone have a pic of it?

Old 03-20-2007, 02:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
i don't know if this helps, but this guy made an awesome DIY that you may have seen. It should at least show you where most of the screws/bolts are that you have to take out to remove the center section. . .

http://www.g-owners.com/article_read.asp?id=33

Sorry I couldn't be more of a help!

-andrew

P.S. Just a thought, but do you have the service manual PDF? (It's somehwere on here and has some decent drawings.)

Old 03-20-2007, 02:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Drewer
i don't know if this helps, but this guy made an awesome DIY that you may have seen. It should at least show you where most of the screws/bolts are that you have to take out to remove the center section. . .

http://www.g-owners.com/article_read.asp?id=33

Sorry I couldn't be more of a help!

-andrew

P.S. Just a thought, but do you have the service manual PDF? (It's somehwere on here and has some decent drawings.)

Nice Post and 787. You work for Boeing?

I saw a post yesterday for Service manuals there was link to download, but I can't find it.

Old 03-20-2007, 02:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Owners manual

I've got the complete manual with very detailed drawings of everything. If you PM me your address, I'll send you a copy... It's all in PDF format.

Old 03-20-2007, 03:39 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
hey guys, maybe i can shed a little light on this

i did his D3 install yesterday, he had previously had a D1 installed in the dash by another shop, the D1 broke...

anyway, in the process of installing, i found a LARGE amount of screws missing, it seems the previous shop just didnt bother to put most of the screws back in...i had a few spare ones laying around but no where near the number he was missing...

hes missing:

the gold screws that secure the headunit assembly, 5 total i think, one at the top, two near the top behindt he metal trim slip piece, and two holding the side trim pieces that screw down when you pop off the shifter assembly. he was missing 3 of them so he needs those.

two black screws holding the bottom of the headunit bracket, he was missing one of them.

two black screws holding the side trim piece that connects the center stack to the glovebox (passengerside). this is not a pieace that needs to come off for HU install...but BOTH were missing, i believe these screws are the same ones used to secure the bottom of the headunit.

four or two screws secure the cubby tot he HU bracket assembly, he was missing one side, so either one, or two of them. :O

i think he needs the part numbers so he can order them in..

I couldnt believe my eyes, how do you manage to only put back 30 percent of hte screws you took out???!! i mean missing one or two i can understand, but...

Old 03-20-2007, 05:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Holy crap! Don't let anyone install stereos in your car. . .(except Bin. . .or is it Binh? Bing. . .I knew that ) I think if he just goes to a nissan or infiniti dealer, he can get a bunch of the screws. I did that for the plastic snap fasteners. . .I didn't have a clue what they were called, but brought one into the dealer and asked if they had them and how much they were. The shop guy just brought out a handful for me. Good luck man!

-andrew

Last edited by Drewer; 03-20-2007 at 07:32 PM.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:28 PM
Former G35driver Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Not sure if this is what you're looking for.

Old 03-20-2007, 06:21 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
its Bing acutally

Adrian, I circled the screws that needs to be replaced...i think i put down more htan you need, but always nice to have more than less plus they should be cheap...see attached pics

Attached Thumbnails Exploded view pics of dash-g_coupe_dash1.jpg   Exploded view pics of dash-g_coupe_dash2.jpg