Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Viper Is Being Added

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 11:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 617G
if he has a $500 decutable, it seems worth it to me...I guess it depends on the insurance policy. Also, depends on whether or not theft/vandalism even requires him to pay it...$1,700 is a lot of money to dish out of pocket.
I think the OP said that the $1700 covers both the repairs and the cost of installation of the new viper alarm.

Maybe I mis-read OP's first post.

Old 04-03-2007, 02:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by nataSdroL
After the deductible it probably won't be worth it to drag insurance into the mix
Exactly right.

Old 04-03-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by max2k1
I think the OP said that the $1700 covers both the repairs and the cost of installation of the new viper alarm.

Maybe I mis-read OP's first post.
You didn't mis-read anything. It covers both jobs. Oh! by the way, it is john. My name that is.

Old 04-03-2007, 02:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by johnblaz2000
Here is a question for you. If your battery dies in both of your key fobs, what are you going to do? The answer is; You are going to take your intelligent key and detach the key from it and insert it into your driver side door. What are you going to insert it too? It is called the key hole cylinder. This is what was punched in which cause the windows to roll down. I hope this is clear enough for you to understand.
So what will you do if you're battery dies in your key fob now?

Old 04-03-2007, 03:18 PM
John, how does installation and use of the VIPER system work in line with the intelligent key? It seems confusing to interface remote start and a non-factory alarm with the intelligent key.

Old 04-03-2007, 03:20 PM
Viper Alarm

Originally Posted by johnblaz2000

Viper 7900
Security with Remote Start

Features
Owners Guide
Technologies
Products :

GPS Tracking
Security with Remote Start
Security
Remote Start
Keyless Entry

2-Way Security System / Remote Start System with Color OLED Responder Technology

This Color OLED Responder System from Viper is the most sophisticated 2-way Color Security and Remote Start system in the world! The interactive display on your Color Responder remote confirms all commands – virtually instantly – with easy to understand icons and animations. It alerts users to security system triggers by beeping or vibrating when out of audible range of the siren. And of course this system will also start your vehicle with the push of a button, and you will get confirmation back that it started from up to one-quarter mile away. Please refer to the technology section for more information about color OLED technology.

6 channel remote start/security/keyless entry system
Confirms commands and system triggers on the transceiver color OLED screen
30 unique animations provide status, alerts, and function confirmation
Clone-Safe® Code-Hopping®
Parking Light Flash
Failsafe® Starter Kill
Anti-Grind
Stinger® DoubleGuard® Shock Sensor
Revenger® Six-Tone Siren
Bright Blue LED Status Indicator
Miniature XCRS (Extreme Capacity Relay Satellite)
Defroster Output
Built-in Turbo Timer
Dome Light Supervision
Comfort Closure
4 Auxiliary Outputs
Horn Honk
Includes One 2-way Responder Transceiver

John, how does installation and use of the VIPER system work in line with the intelligent key? It seems confusing to interface remote start and a non-factory alarm with the intelligent key. I would definitely like to go that route if it isn't a big deal.

Old 04-04-2007, 02:15 PM
I will let you know soon. The Viper has four auxilliary input for customization purposes along with an array of features. It is supposedly 100% intergratable. We will see very soon. I will take pics and post before the install. Can't show after because it is supposed to be confidential. Stowing away the alarm somewhere in the car with all the componetry that is.

Old 04-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Yes, please let us know, I have a six speed so I wont be using the auto start, but the pager is what i really want. Alarms are usually pointless unless u can hear it go off. The pager is a great idea especially if u can use it along with the factory securities.

Old 08-01-2007, 11:46 PM
For some cars, you need to get an extra key from the dealer that has the chip, and hide in a box near the ignition. This way, when u press the remote start button from the ignition, the car thinks the ignition is in the car. That's what I Was told.