Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Viper Is Being Added

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 09:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Viper Is Being Added

I am having this installed for the simple reason that I am tired of having my vehicles broken into.
While I was at church, Palm Sunday, a brazen car thief attempted to steal my new G35S. He popped the lock causing all windows to roll down. Then he went into the trunk to look for the other key. Firstly, who would be dumb enough to leave there spare key fob in the manual in the trunk. Well anyway, It is going to cost me $1,700 dollars to have this repaired plus the installation of the new Viper alarm system. I am so upset right now.

Viper 7900
Security with Remote Start

Features
Owners Guide
Technologies
Products :

GPS Tracking
Security with Remote Start
Security
Remote Start
Keyless Entry

2-Way Security System / Remote Start System with Color OLED Responder Technology

This Color OLED Responder System from Viper is the most sophisticated 2-way Color Security and Remote Start system in the world! The interactive display on your Color Responder remote confirms all commands – virtually instantly – with easy to understand icons and animations. It alerts users to security system triggers by beeping or vibrating when out of audible range of the siren. And of course this system will also start your vehicle with the push of a button, and you will get confirmation back that it started from up to one-quarter mile away. Please refer to the technology section for more information about color OLED technology.

6 channel remote start/security/keyless entry system
Confirms commands and system triggers on the transceiver color OLED screen
30 unique animations provide status, alerts, and function confirmation
Clone-Safe® Code-Hopping®
Parking Light Flash
Failsafe® Starter Kill
Anti-Grind
Stinger® DoubleGuard® Shock Sensor
Revenger® Six-Tone Siren
Bright Blue LED Status Indicator
Miniature XCRS (Extreme Capacity Relay Satellite)
Defroster Output
Built-in Turbo Timer
Dome Light Supervision
Comfort Closure
4 Auxiliary Outputs
Horn Honk
Includes One 2-way Responder Transceiver

Old 04-02-2007, 09:43 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
That sucks I would've ran him down and then dragged his @ss back to church with me and made him go to confession after beating the living **** outta him. Then I'd call the police.
Good luck on your repairs.

Old 04-03-2007, 12:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't forget to add the Smith & Wesson/Colt .45 theft deterrent option.
I'll bet once the bastards find themselves on the wrong of a firearm, they'll reconsider their line of work.

Old 04-03-2007, 12:45 AM
Popped the lock and the windows rolled down? Can you elaborate on that one?

How well did the stock security system work?

Chris

Old 04-03-2007, 01:48 AM
So you had the extra key fob in your trunk???

Hmm. How did you even lock the doors in the first place?
This sounds a bit suspect.

Old 04-03-2007, 02:35 AM
My extra key fob stays in a safe place at home.
The windows rolling down is a known issue that happens with all of the Infiniti's when the key hole cylinder is popped in. This makes it very easy for a car thief to get in without having to break a window. This also happened to me with my FX. The FX front windows roll down only. As for the G, all the windows roll down. I did the keyless entry mod by ordering the escutcheon w/o a key hole to cover it to prevent thieves from wanting to attempt to do this but that didn't stop them. When I did this mod to my FX, I didn't have this problem. I was hoping that my mod luck would carry over to the G but it didn't. So, now I will have this alarm system installed along with the repair to the drivers side door for a car that isn't even two weeks old yet. Oh! I have to leave the doors unlocked because when I depress the button on the door, after exiting the vehicle, the windows roll down. All the windows that is. So I am forced to not take the car anywhere except for work which has a high security clearance so no one could get in with out going through two security checks. I don't worry about thieves here.

Old 04-03-2007, 02:37 AM
Originally Posted by G-Whizzer
So you had the extra key fob in your trunk???

Hmm. How did you even lock the doors in the first place?
This sounds a bit suspect.
If my extra key fob was in the trunk, I wouldn't have my G with me today.

Old 04-03-2007, 02:39 AM
Sorry to say but, Our factory alarm sucks big time.

Old 04-03-2007, 02:46 AM
Here are a couple of pics that I had done to the driver side door keyless entry mod.

Attached Thumbnails Viper Is Being Added-driverside0.jpg   Viper Is Being Added-driverside2.jpg   Viper Is Being Added-driverside1.jpg  
Old 04-03-2007, 08:46 AM
Originally Posted by johnblaz2000
My extra key fob stays in a safe place at home.
The windows rolling down is a known issue that happens with all of the Infiniti's when the key hole cylinder is popped in. This makes it very easy for a car thief to get in without having to break a window. This also happened to me with my FX. The FX front windows roll down only. As for the G, all the windows roll down. I did the keyless entry mod by ordering the escutcheon w/o a key hole to cover it to prevent thieves from wanting to attempt to do this but that didn't stop them. When I did this mod to my FX, I didn't have this problem. I was hoping that my mod luck would carry over to the G but it didn't. So, now I will have this alarm system installed along with the repair to the drivers side door for a car that isn't even two weeks old yet. Oh! I have to leave the doors unlocked because when I depress the button on the door, after exiting the vehicle, the windows roll down. All the windows that is. So I am forced to not take the car anywhere except for work which has a high security clearance so no one could get in with out going through two security checks. I don't worry about thieves here.
Maybe Im missing something but, what key hole cylinder?

Old 04-03-2007, 08:52 AM
Banned
edit....id idnt realize this was the sedan forum. I do not know if you guys have the frameless windows that our coupes have....Anyhow a thief will get whatever they want

on the G if you have the tool/utensil(sp) that checks your arm pressure. When you pump it, it inflates. And you have a long rod, the car can be gotten into.

Now i don't know if the alarm will sound b/c when i had this done my keys were in my car while it was running. If you have the alarm set i'd assume it will go off b/c you'd be unlocking the door manually while 'inside" the car. You watch pop-a-lock get into your car and you will just hope no one wants your car that badly....

Old 04-03-2007, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by CFar
Maybe Im missing something but, what key hole cylinder?
Here is a question for you. If your battery dies in both of your key fobs, what are you going to do? The answer is; You are going to take your intelligent key and detach the key from it and insert it into your driver side door. What are you going to insert it too? It is called the key hole cylinder. This is what was punched in which cause the windows to roll down. I hope this is clear enough for you to understand.

Old 04-03-2007, 09:27 AM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
insurance won't cover this?

Old 04-03-2007, 10:43 AM
After the deductible it probably won't be worth it to drag insurance into the mix

Old 04-03-2007, 10:48 AM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
if he has a $500 decutable, it seems worth it to me...I guess it depends on the insurance policy. Also, depends on whether or not theft/vandalism even requires him to pay it...$1,700 is a lot of money to dish out of pocket.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Viper Is Being Added