Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

a/c wont turn off and radio not working.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-25-2010, 06:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A/C Controls won't turn off and stereo issues

I had the same problem everyone else seems to be having. In Atlanta the guy to take it to is Nahed Abdulnabi @ Electronics Master Repairs on
Pleasant Hill Road in Gwinnett County (678) 957-0686.
He upgraded the power supply and had me rolling in a few hours for $300.00 with warranty.

GC

Old 06-28-2010, 03:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dang its hot

i have an 03 g35 sedan and the audio unit went out in it a couple days ago .will an04 audio unit work in the 03 ? everthing looks the same but the part number is different both have the bose 6 disk changer and both have dual climate controls .any input is appreciated

Old 06-28-2010, 10:36 PM
AC Controls and/or stereo not working

This is a common problem, the dealership may say this is an Audio Finisher Problem. From my experience with repair of car stereo. This is a car stereo problem. I see this problem on a regular basis. I have also posted a video to help troubleshoot this system. See the website at www.carstereohelp.com/infiniti.htm

Old 06-29-2010, 12:55 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
If you're running an 03-04, you can pick up a $150 stereo from crutchfield.com they discount the Metra down to about $90 with the stereo purchase, and include the wiring harness and antenna adapter for free. Throw in a $42 dollar steering wheel adapter from amazon, and you have a brand new headunit for about $300 - which is almost guaranteed to have iPod support and an auxiliary input.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:47 PM
dang its hot

ok that fixes the stereo but what about the circuit board is there a viable aftermarket option. thanks in advance

Old 06-29-2010, 09:40 PM
if i buy the metra kit off of amazon is that all i would need and of course a new radio. nevermind i just read what i needed to know .if i would have just paid attention

Old 06-30-2010, 11:21 AM
Has anyone done this conversion around MD or DC area.
I recently start having this problem. A/C turns on itself, Radio buttons are nonfunctional but I can still control it from the wheel.
I need some local guy to help me installing a DD

Thanks

Old 06-30-2010, 04:27 PM
g35 fix

We can repair your radio problems please visit our web site www.carstereohelp.com or call 1-800-428-1919

thanks

Old 06-30-2010, 07:05 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by sakal02
Has anyone done this conversion around MD or DC area.
I recently start having this problem. A/C turns on itself, Radio buttons are nonfunctional but I can still control it from the wheel.
I need some local guy to help me installing a DD

Thanks
Just go to the DD shopping and resource list sticky, there's plenty of info to help you do it by yourself, otherwise, check the regional forums for somebody to give you a hand.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:04 PM
i just got finished wiring up my metra kit along with a pioneer avh3200 dvd along with a steering wheel remote.i used the harness that has the rca plugs . everything works and sounds good but the rear deck speaker isnt working.what have i done wrong? Thanks in advance for any advice ,i appreciate it

Last edited by zx14kawboi; 07-01-2010 at 08:42 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:05 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by zx14kawboi
i just got finished wiring up my metra kit along with a pioneer avh3200 dvd along with a steering wheel remote.i used the harness that has the rca plugs . everything works and sounds good but the rear deck speaker isnt working.what have i done wrong? Thanks in advance for any advice ,i appreciate it
Did you get your answer on the DVD video parking brake bypass? You have two options, an automatic bypass and a manual bypass. In the manual bypass you split your remote wire and hook it up to the parking brake wire from the head unit through a switch and just toggle the switch to get video. This makes your head unit think you're in park. That's what the car does when you're in park, sends a switched on and off signal to your head unit. The auto bypass which i've done with my p4200DVD install similar to yours is you need a standard bosch type relay. Here's the link to how you wire it
You hook your head unit parking brake to one terminal, your remote to another and connect the other two to each other and ground them. The relay sends a constant automatic switched signal from your own head units remote back to your head units parking brake sensor wire. Your head unit percieves this as a switched signal from your car and assumes your in park and your head unit will automatically play video all the time.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:20 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by zx14kawboi
Are your other rear speakers working? Some Pioneer units default to the rear channel being set to subwoofer output, so you won't get much of anything out of the Bose stuff, check the audio settings for rear output to be sure. Since the Bose amp splits the four channels into six, you can't really get output from only the rear speakers and not the rear deck as well.

Old 07-02-2010, 05:50 PM
well as far as the parking break goes i got a neat looking toggle switch and hooked one side to ground and the other side to the head unit so when the radio says i can only veiw images while in park and the brake on all i do is toggle the switch one time and all is good. i have not got my deck speaker to work yet mainly because i havent climed in the trunk and removed the amp and speaker cover,when i do i think ican get an amp negative signal from one of the output and an amped positive signal from another output

Old 07-02-2010, 07:48 PM
hey guys.
so i just had a pioneer 3200 dvd installed with the metra kit. The first time i turned the car on everything worked fine. as i drove down the freeway the a/c went haywire again. help?

Old 07-03-2010, 12:21 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by ryanell
hey guys.
so i just had a pioneer 3200 dvd installed with the metra kit. The first time i turned the car on everything worked fine. as i drove down the freeway the a/c went haywire again. help?
Loose connection, probably, but the Metra a/c controls have failed before. Remove it enough to check the connection, and if it still fails, probably time to give Metra a call about a replacement.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: a/c wont turn off and radio not working.