Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Wire colors for speakers (Bose HU) AVIC-D3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2007 | 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by SUB-ZERO
Okay, I can't find a damn harness anywhere! I'm going to have to continue using the splice method (cut the factory harness). I still cannot get any sound out of the speakers....I have the 12+VDC, ACC, Ground, Speed Sense and both Front and Rear speakers wired up. It all works but I get no sound. Any suggestions?

Thanks
-SZ

always always always always always use a harness adapter

never never never never never cut your factory wires

I think i'm gonna go cry now

Old 09-17-2007 | 01:49 PM
So did you use any adapters for your sound (scotch?), or are sending signal straight to the bose amp without any line-level adapters? Does your system sound better with the pioneer?

Old 09-17-2007 | 04:31 PM
|
Originally Posted by G-Ryda
Nice install there... So did you use any adapters for your sound, or are sending signal straight to the bose amp without any line-level adapters? Does your system sound better with the pioneer?
Right now, I have no line-level adapter installed; there is a slight hiss when changing inputs. The Pioneer brought the factory Bose Speakers to life! They sound much better although I think that radio is a little too much for the stock speakers. I try not to set the volume too high because I think the stock speakers are being stressed.

Next on my plate is the line-level adapter, the steering wheel control harness and the Bluetooth interface module. I will also replace the factory speakers.

-SZ

Old 09-17-2007 | 04:32 PM
|
Originally Posted by lancer

always always always always always use a harness adapter

never never never never never cut your factory wires

I think i'm gonna go cry now

Yeah...it was a pain my a$$. Definate lesson learned.

-SZ

Old 09-17-2007 | 04:41 PM
So did you use any adapters for your sound (scotch?), or are sending signal straight to the bose amp without any line-level adapters? Does your system sound better with the pioneer?
I did my Pioneer z1 with the LOC. I also tried hooking it up without LOC, I can't tell the differece. Pioneer HU sound quality is much better than stock HU is for sure.

Old 09-18-2007 | 04:16 PM
Right now, I have no line-level adapter installed; there is a slight hiss when changing inputs. The Pioneer brought the factory Bose Speakers to life! They sound much better although I think that radio is a little too much for the stock speakers. I try not to set the volume too high because I think the stock speakers are being stressed.

Next on my plate is the line-level adapter, the steering wheel control harness and the Bluetooth interface module. I will also replace the factory speakers.

-SZ
Great! I was concerned about that because I'm not fund of LOC... That makes me sight, because I'm about to take this plunge... Thank you.

Old 09-18-2007 | 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by JTG35
I did my Pioneer z1 with the LOC. I also tried hooking it up without LOC, I can't tell the differece. Pioneer HU sound quality is much better than stock HU is for sure.
I am glad to hear that... My younger bro has an Acura Tl with after-market speakers and tweeters... and is powering everything from the pioneer unit and the sound is just amazing.. I had worries concerning the Bose amp.... about bypassing it or just hooking everything up the same... Now just had to set aside a day to do my install... Anyone wants to help? I'm in Lansdowne PA, (Phily area) I'll pay for an extra pair of hands. PM me if interested.

BTW, thanx for the info JTG35

Old 09-18-2007 | 04:29 PM
I am glad to hear that... My younger bro has an Acura Tl with after-market speakers and tweeters... and is powering everything from the pioneer unit and the sound is just amazing.. I had worries concerning the Bose amp.... about bypassing it or just hooking everything up the same... Now just had to set aside a day to do my install... Anyone wants to help? I'm in Lansdowne PA, (Phily area) I'll pay for an extra pair of hands. PM me if interested.

BTW, thanx for the info JTG35
Not a problem Good luck with the installation..

Old 09-19-2007 | 12:20 PM

-SZ
Are the Pioneer and Bose stock speakers compatible ohm wise?

Old 09-19-2007 | 01:41 PM
|
Originally Posted by hurricanebsball
Are the Pioneer and Bose stock speakers compatible ohm wise?

All the speakers (front and rear) run through the 2ohm Bose amp. I'm still using stock speakers and the stock amp...so yes, it is compatible. However,I think the built in amp that the Pioneer uses runs at 4ohm. If I were to power the speakers of the radio, then it would not be "compatible".

Thanks,
SZ

Old 09-21-2007 | 11:33 AM
So whats your over all experience with the d3... Some folks are trying to discourage me and get the z2 instead. Are you using an ipod with it? If so hows that experience... I have seen reviews everywhere and feelings tend to be mixed. What do ya say?

Old 09-23-2007 | 04:35 PM
|
So whats your over all experience with the d3... Some folks are trying to discourage me and get the z2 instead. Are you using an ipod with it? If so hows that experience... I have seen reviews everywhere and feelings tend to be mixed. What do ya say?
I have nothing but good things to say about the D3! Not just does it look like a factory install, but it has an awesome interface. I am using my IPOD with it and it works great; I use it for both music and video. I would stay away from the motorized face type headunits for a few reasons. First, it may have clearance issues with the shift **** (surely won't look like a factory install if it hits) and secondly, I'm sure the motorized system is going to fail in the long run.

I really recommend the D3!

-SZ

Old 09-28-2007 | 10:20 AM
D3 it is!!!