Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dual Temp Control Hidden in Base G35C package??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 12:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black 2004 G35 6MT, chrome wheels, black, still pristine
Dual Temp Control Hidden in Base G35C package??

Hey guys, I haven't seen a post on this so I thought I would ask you experts... I want to buy a G35C without the Premium package, mainly because I am going to install a whole new audio system (Out with the BOSE, people!) and I don't see spending all that money for a system I don't really want. The only other feature I REALLY want is the DUAL CLIMATE CONTROL. Now, if you order a new console (titanium facing) to have the double din setup, it has a hole in it which allows you to add the dual climate control button, which you have to take off your original AC module (yeah, I have heard that this piece breaks very easily if you're not careful). My question is: is the AC unit the exact same in every car and in the NON-premium package, they just cover up the button so you can't have access to it... and if you DO get the Premium package, they cut out that hole so the button can pass thru and then add the button "top"???

I like the dual control feature as my wife gets hot/cold so spiratically it's not even funny. I figure if the feature is already there, but just HIDDEN, I can buy the stupid little button to add to the new mod once I make the change.

OR does the new separate AC mod you buy already have the dual climate control included?? Seems like it would already be there and all I would have to do is buy the button-"top" from Infiniti which would save me a couple $1000 which the Premium package would cost.

Do you get my drift? I want dual climate control with no premium package and I'm getting a double-din setup. Will it work? Thanks for your feedback - I love this forum.

Bamadog
BAMADOG.COM

Old 02-05-2004, 01:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Dual Temp Control Hidden in Base G35C package??

It's possible that, as far as the circuit board is concerned, you'd just be missing the button.. but that button would have to be soldered onto the board.

However, we don't know if the duct work is different for dual climate. There may be more to the system than just the control board. I haven't seen the answer to that question posted yet.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 02-05-2004, 11:25 PM
Re: Dual Temp Control Hidden in Base G35C package??

I don't know what's behind it, but no matter what, you are going to have to get the new AC controller when you change the double din face plate - japanese model is dual climate . . .

Old 02-05-2004, 11:46 PM
Re: Dual Temp Control Hidden in Base G35C package?

Yeah - I already know about the separate AC module I'm going to have to buy - it'll run close to $300 including shipping, maybe a little more... but with that new piece, I don't think they care whether you have the premium package or not - they have the button "thing" there, but not TOP - that's why you have to use your old one from the other module. Something tells me dual will work, but I didn't know if anyone had any definite answer on this. It's like they are charging you an arm and a leg just to get a hole cut in the original panel to use dual climate control when it's already there. Lame-o's......

Old 02-06-2004, 05:06 PM

I asked this question awhile back, and no one could answer the question then.

If you find something out let me know.

I am thinking of doing the same

Old 02-06-2004, 10:09 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You might want to check out the parts listing at http://www.motorplace.com/grubbs-par...ts_catalog.cgi

If you look through the AC/Heater/Ventilation section, you will see that several parts have different part numbers for premium vs. non-premium.

Good luck,
Dave

2004 DG/G 5AT Coupe with all options except Satellite Radio
2003 Yamaha YZF600R

Old 02-09-2004, 01:47 AM

The problem is that that still doesn't tell me if when I get the separate A/C module from Japan - if the dual-zone climate control will work or not. This sux. Since it's a whole new module/circuit board, you'd think it would work since the button is there, but without a faceplate... Just my .02. Wish I knew for sure. I'd just rather spend the +$2000 on the new sound system rather than being out over $4000 total if I buy the premium package and THEN get the sound system afterwards... Talk to me, G35 masters!! Can't wait to get my G!!

Old 02-09-2004, 11:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The problem is that nobody's tried this yet, and nobody seems to know for sure.

The fact that there are different part numbers for the A/C system for Premium v. non-Premium suggests that it will not work unless you swap out a bunch of other parts, as well.