Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Dash lights/stereo went out

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 12:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same happened to me, but i checked the MIRROR fuse and isnt blow... Any ideas what it can still be?

Old 03-18-2013, 10:40 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by DjGenuine
Same happened to me, but i checked the MIRROR fuse and isnt blow... Any ideas what it can still be?
Check all the other fuses. With a multimeter. One visibly blown is guaranteed to be blown, but one that passes a visual check isn't guaranteed to be functional.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:48 PM
It was the MIRROR fuse. Back to normal. Thanks for the help Wrathernaut!

Old 04-11-2013, 01:33 AM
i came across the same predicament... wasted two days trouble shooting this with the Infiniti dealership on the phone. when all failed and i was told i blew my bmc module i did a simple last resort.. try taking the terminals off the battery. leave it completely unplugged for half a minute for the system to recognize it has no power at all and reset when you hook it back up. thats what i did after shorting out a wire and losing all my dome lights, navi, and radio power. when i hooked the battery back up everything was on thankfully after i chased wires i thought were burnt up or blow fuses. just unplug the battery and let me know how that works for you. everytime you mess with anything electrical you MUST unplug the battery so you dont risk shorting anything out. saves time and easier on your wallet from possibly destroying something vital.

Old 01-15-2014, 11:01 PM
Hi guys I have basically the same problem I wast change my cluster light bulb after I put everything back my speed and rpm light won't work I check all the fuses but all of them look fine I don't know what else to check before I take to the dealer

Old 01-16-2014, 01:51 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by mberu2
Hi guys I have basically the same problem I wast change my cluster light bulb after I put everything back my speed and rpm light won't work I check all the fuses but all of them look fine I don't know what else to check before I take to the dealer
If you can't see well enough to see punctuation, I definitely don't trust your vision to properly check for blown fuses.

If you're only looking with your eyes, you're not checking them properly, they should be checked with a multimeter. Also, if you only check the fuses by the driver's kick panel, you missed two other fuse boxes which are in with the battery. You'll have to learn to remove the battery (as you should before anything electrical... like changing cluster bulbs) to check them all.

Old 01-17-2014, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
If you can't see well enough to see punctuation, I definitely don't trust your vision to properly check for blown fuses.

If you're only looking with your eyes, you're not checking them properly, they should be checked with a multimeter. Also, if you only check the fuses by the driver's kick panel, you missed two other fuse boxes which are in with the battery. You'll have to learn to remove the battery (as you should before anything electrical... like changing cluster bulbs) to check them all.
Yes i check whit the multimiter the inside fuse box and the one under the hood my mistake wast no taking the batery off now my alarm is goin crazy too is activate by himsefl and won't turn off is crazy

Old 01-17-2014, 10:15 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

There's two under the hood.

Old 01-17-2014, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
There's two under the hood.
I just cee one next to the battery where is the other one

Old 06-05-2014, 01:30 PM
Same exact problem and fuse #6 10amp was the fix, thanks!

Old 06-07-2014, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by bodysculptor
Same exact problem and fuse #6 10amp was the fix, thanks!
My stereo never went out just my dash light untill now i can't fix i change all the fuse and nothing i spock we infiniti tech and he tell me no fuse for dash light he say maybe is the wire that come from the module is broken

Old 06-07-2014, 04:19 PM
Did you read previous posts and check ALL the fuses in ALL the fuse boxes, using a multimeter?

Old 06-07-2014, 05:15 PM
Yes i did chek all the fuses and change it but nothing the only think working is where the miles and shift position light the rest nothing man

Old 06-08-2014, 12:17 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by mberu2
Yes i did chek all the fuses and change it but nothing the only think working is where the miles and shift position light the rest nothing man
There are two fuse boxes in with the battery, and if you're checking with your eyes and not a multimeter, you're really not checking them. You can spot many blown fuses with your eyes, but plenty can be a small enough gap you won't notice.

Old 06-08-2014, 12:41 AM
I check all the fuses and nothing and i change all of them but nothing like i say before the tech told me is the module because is no fuse for the dash light

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dash lights/stereo went out