Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash lights/stereo went out

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 01:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my dashboard lights also went out, along with the ac, and the alternator doesn't seem to be working either..... but the radio works. i checked the fuses - the one under the steering wheel area, the one by the battery and the one behind the battery - all fuses seem to be in tact and i used a multimeter to check too.

i have also replaced the battery and the dash lights and ac still doesn't work . the battery worked for a day until it died, and so it seems the alternator wasn't working. i have the alternator i just haven't switched it out yet because my friend says that i hooked up the battery wrong when i tried to jump it so that's why he thought there was a fuse blown somewhere and if the fuse is blown then the alternator may still be good. but we can't find a blown fuse anywhere. which is why i am wondering what the cause of all this is.

backstory > i was driving down the street in a snowstorm and the dash just went out, then the battery eventually died leaving me stranded. luckily by a friends house where i tried jumping it but it would die right after i jumped it. so thats it, no prior warning of any issue.

anyone know what to do or what to check?

Old 04-20-2017, 10:35 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Hooking up a battery to these cars backwards breaks a lot of things. You'll need a real mechanic to diagnose and repair what's wrong, as it's not a predictable thing.

Old 06-23-2017, 11:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No speedo or tacho lights,

The speedo & tacho lights aren't illuminating,I can put a cd into the player but it won't play and there's no display.I have several Sony headdecks and it does it with all of them. Looking at the wiring harness for the sonys,the diagrams show an orange wire from the 16 pin plug as the illumination wire. None of my plugs have this and the stereo was working fine and displaying previous to whatever caused this problem.All the fuses are fine and I've read the forums and checked the fuses that fixed the other guys problems. Any ideas ..I've got the dashboard apart tracing wires .