Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Pushbutton start in an '04 Coupe!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 04:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how about push start button for 06-07 coupe with intelligent key already??? that black **** things was dumb they should have just made it push start lol

Old 04-04-2009, 09:09 AM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
I've never seen the black **** thing so I'm not sure what it will take to integrate.

If you can turn the ignition on without the key then our module will allow you to start the car.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KPierson
I've never seen the black **** thing so I'm not sure what it will take to integrate.

If you can turn the ignition on without the key then our module will allow you to start the car.
What he's talking about is the first gen of smart keys. Where the key would normally go on the column was a **** that you turned instead. Similar to the push button, but with a **** instead.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:20 AM
Yeah, I have that on my '06 Gx....

I hear the steering lock release when I rotate that **** to start the car -- so I don't think the KP module will allow you to defeat the actual rotation of this ****, unless of course the wiring of the steering lock was figured out and integrated into the start sequence, as I do believe the release of the steering lock is actually some sort of electronic solenoid rather than the mechanical one in tradition key-start ignition barrels.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:17 PM
KP - cool looking stuff. I'm interested in more than one of your products that's for sure.

I have an 06 with keyless already. I would like to replace my existing keyless with a pushbutton. Does yours replace our stock system or add another ignition that happens to be a button?

Old 04-12-2009, 10:29 AM
Banned
It doesn't replace the keyless remote - just adds a fully functional pushbutton start system.

Old 04-12-2009, 10:35 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
Yeah, I have that on my '06 Gx....

I hear the steering lock release when I rotate that **** to start the car -- so I don't think the KP module will allow you to defeat the actual rotation of this ****, unless of course the wiring of the steering lock was figured out and integrated into the start sequence, as I do believe the release of the steering lock is actually some sort of electronic solenoid rather than the mechanical one in tradition key-start ignition barrels.
no the steeringlock is mechanical and is unlocked when you turn the tumbler, if we had selonoids it would be badass and easier for KP to design. I guess we can remove the steering wheel lock and then we wont have to wory about the push button and the steering lock.

It doesn't replace the keyless remote - just adds a fully functional pushbutton start system.
so if we are willing to remove our steering lock assembly and bypass it permanantly, can you guys design a push start that all that we have to do is push the button and start the car?

Old 04-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by lilindienplaya
so if we are willing to remove our steering lock assembly and bypass it permanantly, can you guys design a push start that all that we have to do is push the button and start the car?
That's what I would like. I'd like to take out my existing keyless ignition 'turn' style mechanism and replace it with a push button style ignition.

Old 04-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Wingnut330
That's what I would like. I'd like to take out my existing keyless ignition 'turn' style mechanism and replace it with a push button style ignition.
think its possible, i would just remove the inner lock for just the steering and leave the turn style ign just in case the push button ever fails we have a backup way of starting the car.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:40 AM
pointless mod ... key still needs to be in the ignition..!!

Old 04-23-2009, 12:59 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by turboner
pointless mod ... key still needs to be in the ignition..!!
If you would have read the thread all the way to the end you would have seen that the key is NOT required - it has been replaced with an RFID based ignition control systme.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:19 AM
. This module requires that the key be turned to the 'ON' position before it will start the car (retains all OEM security).

i guess i misunderstood this then sorry.

my bizzle but the old ignition with the key hole is still there?
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvI didnt see thisvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

No key required to start the car! I still have the mechanical wheel lock but that is the only preventing me from having a complete aftermarket keyless push button start system!

We will start field testing the IG50 in the next couple days!

Last edited by turboner; 04-23-2009 at 01:23 AM.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:10 PM
i'm interesting in purchasing this (RFID keyless start with that 07 fancy start button from the altima) ... does it come with instructions for wiring?

I can have my buddy who owns a shop (here in toronto) bypass the mechanically steering wheel lock... and for extra security... (since our cars are drive-by-wire), disable the fuse/connection for the throttle.... (tHE THEIF ain't going no where) - IF someone manages to start the car without the rfid thing.

Old 06-08-2009, 03:21 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
Kevin went out of his busy schedule to
install my Electronic Beep Module and Passenger Side Reverse Tilt Module.
I must say his work is top notch and im loving the 2 modules.

while i was at his house i purchased the pushbutton start module
Let me know when you free Kevin

Old 06-08-2009, 03:42 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
very nice!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pushbutton start in an '04 Coupe!