Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

ATTN: People with BOSE CD Changer ERROR (FIXED OR NOT - Plz look in here)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 06:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
will call

Old 01-26-2008, 06:12 PM
I got this Cd Error FO last weekend ...just pulled the HU out today and got my cds out...wired it back in and the same error is still there...I will call Infiniti next week to address this problem...My 03 G only has 19K on it and thus far I have had window door motor problems and now Cd player problems...Totally unacceptable for a high line automobile.. If anybody has or knows of a Tech that fixes these common problems ...Id like to prime his mind Thanks Eric

Old 01-26-2008, 06:16 PM
VIP
yeah honestly wat the hell is up with these problems..

Old 02-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great to see you guys are reporting this.

Old 02-06-2008, 11:50 PM
im going to report this too. this is my 2nd time i had this problem and only driven it 30k since i got it. its ridiculous.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by G-MENTED
im going to report this too. this is my 2nd time i had this problem and only driven it 30k since i got it. its ridiculous.
I filled a complaint also! I'm the original owner with 26k miles and on my 3rd CD and it died again. I told them it was unacceptable that it broke 3 times already and they won't cover it any more because its out of warranty. My driver side door lock actuator also just broke for the first time.

With 26,000 miles and things are falling apart. I don't think this thing will hold together to much longer. I'm unsatisfied with the quality, longevity and level of customer support. They said the official corporate response to my problem is they won't cover it. I told them I won't be buying another Infiniti ever again with the ridiculous longevity I had with my first Infiniti. My 1999 Rav4 has 130k and everything still working fine! But I wanted a newer/faster SUV and was interested in buying the Infiniti EX35. I won't be considering another Infiniti now with the crappy customer service and longevity.

Isn't there a California Lemon Law if something breaks 3 times they have to replace it? Swear theres something like that. I need to read up and research it. I might even fill out a BBB complaint form about this I'm so angry.

Edit:
Link for Lemon Law
http://dca.ca.gov/acp/bbb.shtml
Link for BBB Auto
https://www.auto.bbb.org/scripts/cgi...toline/first.w

Last edited by Spyder500; 03-12-2008 at 09:29 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:40 PM
Thanks crazy...

I'm glad to see you guys are taking this up with them. Hopefully some actions will be done soon

Old 03-18-2008, 11:05 AM
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
me too

According to my research this problem has been happening to all most all Nissan/Infiniti cars with the 6cd in-dash changer for years... Even prior to 2003 G35..

I am on my second radio as well. I didn't use it very much... The second one died after the warranty expired..

Had no luck with dealers and Nissan.

However, since this problem pretty much affects a LOT of cars, I don't think Nissan is going to do anything about it....... It would be way to expensive.

We could do what Civic Si owners are doing... they even go it on the news

http://consumerist.com/368037/honda-...-transmissions

Also could someone with good English writing skills write a letter to www.consumerist.com

Like I said, almost all Nissan cars have this problem (cars with 6cd in-dash)..
Pathfinders, Maximas, etc......................

Old 04-29-2008, 12:01 PM
Crap. I had been using my Ipod adaptor for a few months. Last week I decided to put in some cds and it ate one of my precious Iron Maiden cds!!! I'll make the call today. BTW, how can I take out the cd?

Old 05-25-2008, 03:08 PM
Thanks For The Heads Up!!

The dealership has replaced my CD player two times while my 2003 G35 was still under warranty. It has broken down once again and I guess this time I'm just plain out of luck. Thanks for the heads up on the telephone number. I'll call them but like someone else said, Infinity has never moved to fix this blatant & obvious defect in the past so I'm not too optimistic about Infiniti actually addressing it now. Three CD players in 5 years? Come on Infinity do the right thing & fix the problem.

Old 06-03-2008, 06:36 PM
Angry CD Error FO

I just re-registered on here because I just got the dreaded CD error message today! I had just saw the Eagles last night and wanted to play their new CD Out of Eden. Well I am glad I was able to get all my CDs out of the changer! Mine is the first G35....bought it in August 2002. I have about 74,000 miles on it. Definitely past warranty. My Bose CD and all have worked fine until now. I just called the NIssan dealer I take it to service at and they said "We cannot fix the Bose CD error message. $450 for new Bose and $170 to install." Thanks and hung up. I am going to look into getting an Iphone and maybe an adapter for the ipod part of it. I also have shuffle I can use too. It does not look like replacing it is going to do any good if people have already gone through 2 and 3 Bose systems already! I am definitely calling Infiniti on this.

Old 07-26-2008, 01:05 PM
I just got the error message yesterday, and from reading the responses in this thread, it looks like I'm screwed.

I just tried to call, but it looks like they're not open on weekends, so I'll call back on Monday. I don't expect them to do much about it, but at least I'll get my complaint on file.

- Jason

Old 07-26-2008, 06:38 PM
I just got this message today! I have an 03 with about 71,000 miles on it, and this is the first time. I will be making the call on Monday as well. Also is there a DIY for removing this thing so I can get my Cd's out? And does anyone have a link to a thread on here on how to hard wire a link or something for an mp3 player. Thanks

Old 07-27-2008, 02:02 PM
yeah.. crappy *** stock bose unit.. makin bose look bad.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:54 AM
Bose doesn't make the radio, its Clarion. Stupid Clarion.
Well, I bit the bullet myself and bought a Pioneer AVIC-F700BT. I bought the radio cause my whole console was dead. Couldn't control the CD/Tape/Radio or AC with the front panel. Only my steering wheel would control it.

So, I installed it myself on Friday and so far so good. But, if there is a chance on them refunding me about $600 that it would have cost to fix it OEM radio. I'm down for the cause!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ATTN: People with BOSE CD Changer ERROR (FIXED OR NOT - Plz look in here)