Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

frustrated with audio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
frustrated with audio

hey guys! i have been searching the forum for my particular issue. i have found many similar but as of yet i havent been able to find my issue. i have a 2003 G35 sedan, with nav and bose. all i wanted to do is hardwire my ipod... which it seems takes up about 75% of the forum. i found a pac and had al and eds install it. they couldnt get it to work and in the process screwed up my cd player. so now im left with getting a whole new hu. and as i read by replacing the oem hu it will cut out my nav. i did read somewhere that it is possible to still keep the nav just not the sound but they didnt say how. does anyone know? i have tried fm transmitters and a tape cassete adapter for my ipod, but both suck far too much. i went from a $75 ipod adapter to realizing it is going to cost me a bit of money so i want to do it right. i am looking at an Alpine cda-9883 hu, it has bluetooth capablility and steering wheel controll adapter. does anyone have any suggestions? also i am pretty good at putting things together but dont know this car. do you think i can do this on my own or is this something for professionals? thanks for your input.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:43 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
What does al and ed's say when you ask them to replace or repair the HU they screwed up?

If you go aftermarket HU, you will need the DD trim piece and the JDM AC controller too.