Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

What r u talking about? Bose speakers..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 11:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: What r u talking about? Bose speakers..

dragon, not to add insult to injury but you get the 6 disc in dash changer with the base system. I wish you could get the premium without the bose also. I'm sure that the additional bose components (outboard amp and sub(s)) didn't cost more than $100 to make.

Old 02-23-2004, 01:04 AM

Haha. Damn. I never drove one without premium package. Now I really feel ripped off. At least the 6x9 rears LOOK professional with the Bose logos? =*(

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 02-27-2004, 04:56 PM

Nissan must have married up with Bose, because many uninformed and/or hearing challenged people think that the Bose name means something positive. Unfortunately, the Bose name means positively pathetic sound. Nearly all the Bose budget is advertising with practically none for R&D, leaving thoroughly substandard products with high prices for the advertising budget in order to bring in more suckers. The only thing worse than their automotive products are their home products.

Complain to Infinty at every chance to let them know that their customers are not as stupid on audio knowledge as they apparently are.

With that said, I have been told that the head unit and possibly the amp of the premium package is made by Harmon International, which is a good audio manufacturer. They make Harman Kardon, JBL, Infinity, Revel, Audioaccess, Lexicon, Mark Levinson, Madrigal Imaging and Proceed in their audio lines - all of which are well thought of. The speakers are truly made by Bose, which is to say they are junk, and therein lies the problem. The head unit has good ergonomics IMHO, and probably will produce good signals if the speakers are brought to spec by changing to better ones along with the necessary amp change and a converter.

Old 02-28-2004, 12:24 PM

NO WACO, The headunit is made by Clarion. Which has no affiliation with Harmon Int. Whatsoever, so your f@ckin wrong now arent you, and your whole theory is down the f@ckin drain now isnt it? F@ckin prats!

"Dont start none, won't be none"

Old 02-29-2004, 12:01 PM

If you are correct that Clarion makes the head unit, then that should be acceptable, but does not change that the much sub-standard speakers are still from the much sub-standard Bose.

Ain't got no highs; ain't got no lows; must be a Bose.