Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Alpine IVA-w205 wiring help.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alpine IVA-w205 wiring help.

hey guys as i speak im installing the alpine w205. so far everything went well until the wiring. im stuck on it. i got the harness and the adapter connected. when i put it on everything turns on but no sound at all. everything seems to work but when i put in a DVD it does not play the screen. also some instructions with installing the tr-7 would be much appreciated.

edit/update: so i found out i need the metra 70-7551 harness the one with RCA outputs, thats what i was missing. Do you guys also know if that harness would allow me to play dvds on my alpine w205? or do i need to buy a dvd reader? i tried playing a dvd but no video was being played also sound.

but also some instructions for wiring up the Pac TR-7 would be appreciated.

Last edited by KurtayKurt; 12-08-2007 at 09:05 PM.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by KurtsG
hey guys as i speak im installing the alpine w205. so far everything went well until the wiring. im stuck on it. i got the harness and the adapter connected. when i put it on everything turns on but no sound at all. everything seems to work but when i put in a DVD it does not play the screen. also some instructions with installing the tr-7 would be much appreciated.

edit/update: so i found out i need the metra 70-7551 harness the one with RCA outputs, thats what i was missing. Do you guys also know if that harness would allow me to play dvds on my alpine w205? or do i need to buy a dvd reader? i tried playing a dvd but no video was being played also sound.

but also some instructions for wiring up the Pac TR-7 would be appreciated.
The instructions that came with the TR-7 (see wiring for option 2) were straight forward to me. Do you have the instructions that came with the TR-7, if not, I'll not, PM me and I'l find them. Also, hit visual, and make sure DVD is selected.

Also, for owners lucky enough to have the the IVA-W205, http://www.pride-rock.com/forum/apnlist.php has infiniti backgrounds. Here are pictures of mine installed with the background.

day:

night:

I can now play DVDs on both screens, but I did leave the backup camera just on the top monitor, although I could have wired for both easily.

For under $600, an amazing radio! I love to play my Audio book that I have on my SE k850i phone through the Alpine head-unit, but I do have the KCE-300BT Blue tooth also hooked up. I put the microphone in the stock location, but currently there is an echo. I might use the stock mic and see what happens.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:46 AM
wow man thats really nice. how did you get your head unit to get flush with the whole dash kit? also the frame that came with the alpine was too big whats a good replacement? also the harness wiring did you get the metra 70-7551 with the rca outputs? or is there a way you can rewire the metra 70-7550? cuz im having problems with the wiring for the head unit like id wire it up everything works but their is no sound coming out to my bose speakers. (i bought it with the bose sound system).

btw i also found the instructions for the tr7. do you wire it to the car wires or the harness wires or the head unit wires?

Old 12-11-2007, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by KurtsG
wow man thats really nice. how did you get your head unit to get flush with the whole dash kit? also the frame that came with the alpine was too big whats a good replacement? also the harness wiring did you get the metra 70-7551 with the rca outputs? or is there a way you can rewire the metra 70-7550? cuz im having problems with the wiring for the head unit like id wire it up everything works but their is no sound coming out to my bose speakers. (i bought it with the bose sound system).

btw i also found the instructions for the tr7. do you wire it to the car wires or the harness wires or the head unit wires?
The Head Unit sticks out about 1 cm, not bad, actually looks nice.

You used the frame that came with the Alpine?? The instructions state for Japanese cars, you use the side screws. I have the factory Double Din kit from Grubbs. Fit perfectly. If you are talking about the trim piece, no I discarded it as it was too big, but it is not needed.

For wiring, the Alpine speaker wire out go to a PAC OEM2 then to the speaker wires of the factory amp (using the two Nissan wiring harness(S) that I got from Crutchfield). I also use the SUB RCA out going to my Infiiniti Perfect Kappa in a 4080 box. (9 total speakers running now, well the Bose had 8 )

I also have the PAC SWI-JACK so that I can use my steering wheel controls.

The TR7 wiring goes to the HU only (minus the Power, IGN and ground).

I also have the KCE-300BT and iPod hooked up, nice to be able to play the Audio Book I have on my SE k850I via my head unit. And finally, I have factory BT and NAV voice going through an AUX input (search for my thread on this)

That will hold me over until I figure out which speakers and Amps I want. Hope that answers all your questions, Allen

Last edited by allendoc; 12-11-2007 at 05:16 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:04 AM
FINALLLLLLLLY DONE THANK YOU TO EVERYONE that PM'ed me

Old 12-17-2007, 05:59 PM
It wasn't that hard, now was it?

Old 12-17-2007, 06:55 PM
nah it wasnt hard it was just alot of trial and error trying to figure out which wires connected to which. and we kept making little mistakes trying to figure out how the TR7 connected. But all in all it was fun and a good experience. but now i know exactly what to do. how to open it up and install etc. now ima bout to go do some overlay installs and prolly thinking of picking up wheels or a body kit. (note: my stock wheels are beat up and curbed so i might do that.)