Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

replacing bose door speakers with infinity kappas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 11:05 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
encore.... 2 things:

1) we all want to make sure the girl flying in from vegas was for legal recreation, haha
2) what do you think of the sound after installing the 60.7cs ??

Old 01-22-2008, 11:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rob40wilson03
encore.... 2 things:

1) we all want to make sure the girl flying in from vegas was for legal recreation, haha
2) what do you think of the sound after installing the 60.7cs ??
1) I didn't pay her, although I did buy the ticket and about $300 of meals and drinks over the weekend. She was sporting a fresh set of $6k new silicone twins and she put out all weekend long so well worth it

2) They sound very clear but seem to be lacking punch. I just read somewhere else on here that I may have wired them in reverse polarity. The stock wiring is red/silver green/silver. I assumed red silver was positive and green silver was negative. From what i read it is the opposite. That may be why I am lacking punch. If anyone else can confirm stock wiring polarity that would be swell.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:00 AM
dut
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the stock amp "powerful" enough to push aftermarket speakers/tweets?

Old 01-23-2008, 12:10 AM
Originally Posted by dut
Is the stock amp "powerful" enough to push aftermarket speakers/tweets?
Yes and if you saw the paper cones with a magnet the size of a quarter that is the stock bose "premium" speakers you would know why an upgrade is mandatory.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:16 AM
dut
Originally Posted by EncoreCestMoi
Yes and if you saw the paper cones with a magnet the size of a quarter that is the stock bose "premium" speakers you would know why an upgrade is mandatory.
Long story short, I have some new MB Quartz laying around I was going to try to swap out.

Old 01-23-2008, 01:53 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dut
Long story short, I have some new MB Quartz laying around I was going to try to swap out.
keep in mind that the reason for the popularity of the infinity kappas around here is because of their 2-ohm impedance.... a rarity, but it matches the stock bose speakers.... idk what your MB Quartz are, as far as impedance goes, but just keep in mind the kappas work well with the stock amp because of the 2 ohm-ness

Old 01-23-2008, 02:05 AM
dut
Yea, I was reading on that.. I would have to double check which models I have, but more than likely they are 4ohm.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:35 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
And the stock speakers aren't even the weak point of the Bose system. Tha amp is. It is low powered and adds bad equalization.

Old 01-24-2008, 12:29 AM
Originally Posted by Gilley
And the stock speakers aren't even the weak point of the Bose system. Tha amp is. It is low powered and adds bad equalization.
Which is probably why the speakers are 2ohm

Old 01-25-2008, 09:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alright I purchased infinity kappa perfects 6.1 for the front doors and some kappas for the rear sides. From what i hear it sounds like spacers are required for both front and rear but what size? there is 2 sizes 5.4 and 1 inch i believe.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:19 AM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by g35guy86
Alright I purchased infinity kappa perfects 6.1 for the front doors and some kappas for the rear sides. From what i hear it sounds like spacers are required for both front and rear but what size? there is 2 sizes 5.4 and 1 inch i believe.

correct me if i'm wrong,

the three models...Kappa Perfects Series, Kappa Series, Reference Series...the Kappa Perfects are the only ones that's 4ohms? The other two are 2ohms which is optimum with the factory amp.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:39 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2) They sound very clear but seem to be lacking punch. I just read somewhere else on here that I may have wired them in reverse polarity. The stock wiring is red/silver green/silver. I assumed red silver was positive and green silver was negative. From what i read it is the opposite. That may be why I am lacking punch. If anyone else can confirm stock wiring polarity that would be swell.
It sounds like you did reverse the polarity. Look at the attached wiring diagram.
It looks like it should be Green (+); Red (-).

Let me know if it's better afterwards. I am also considering replacing my door speakers. Thanks!

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
door speaker wiring.pdf (23.7 KB, 265 views)
Old 01-25-2008, 11:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Deezflip
correct me if i'm wrong,

the three models...Kappa Perfects Series, Kappa Series, Reference Series...the Kappa Perfects are the only ones that's 4ohms? The other two are 2ohms which is optimum with the factory amp.
Yeah I know I'm swapping out everything except the headunit for now. So i have a 4 channel infinity amp for the components and rockford 2 channel amp for the subs. From what ive heard the big problem with the bose system is the amp not as much the speakers. I wasnt sure what size spacer for the front doors and rear sides. How thick should I get. The thickest is 1 inch.

Old 01-27-2008, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by twitch
It sounds like you did reverse the polarity. Look at the attached wiring diagram.
It looks like it should be Green (+); Red (-).

Let me know if it's better afterwards. I am also considering replacing my door speakers. Thanks!
Yea I found that same pdf and I did have them reversed. I corrected it and they sound much better.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:19 PM
Guys, I am considering doing this upgrade but I am not sure what you guys mean by adapters ... other than ordering that set of speakers, what adapter, spacer do I need to get?

Thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: replacing bose door speakers with infinity kappas