Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

replacing bose door speakers with infinity kappas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 12:15 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
replacing bose door speakers with infinity kappas

This seems to be the way to go to replace the door speakers but after searching I see nothing about where the tweeters go.

Are there stock tweeters with the bose? If so where are they and can the kappa tweeters replace them?

Old 12-30-2007, 12:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they're where the side mirrors are (you can see a little speaker grill in that area). You can fit the kappa tweeters with some dremeling and hot glue/plastic adhesive (unless they slip right in - I installed phoenix golds in mine so I can't speak from experience).

Old 12-30-2007, 09:16 PM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by EncoreCestMoi
This seems to be the way to go to replace the door speakers but after searching I see nothing about where the tweeters go.

Are there stock tweeters with the bose? If so where are they and can the kappa tweeters replace them?
#1 stock door speakers ARE NOT Bose, they are Nissan stock crappy separates.
#2 Are you replacing them with Infinity Kappa separates or with Perfect 6.1's?
#3 As far as I know, my Perfect tweets dropped right into the stock tweeter mount. I don't know if the Kappa separate tweets are the same size and will drop right into the stock mount.
#4 Yes, the tweeters are in the little grille area above the door locks/handle areas in the doors on the other side of the side view mirrors.

hope this helps...
doc

Old 12-30-2007, 09:47 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by docron1
#1 stock door speakers ARE NOT Bose, they are Nissan stock crappy separates.
#2 Are you replacing them with Infinity Kappa separates or with Perfect 6.1's?
#3 As far as I know, my Perfect tweets dropped right into the stock tweeter mount. I don't know if the Kappa separate tweets are the same size and will drop right into the stock mount.
#4 Yes, the tweeters are in the little grille area above the door locks/handle areas in the doors on the other side of the side view mirrors.

hope this helps...
doc
Basically what you said.. If the Kappa tweeters are .75" (19mm) then it SHOULD FALL right in place where the stock used to be.. Un-screw the bolt and use the same bolts, works like a charm!

Old 12-30-2007, 09:55 PM
I was thinking 60.7cs. What are perfects?

Old 12-30-2007, 10:46 PM
Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts
Old 12-30-2007, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by 04G35NYC
those are 60.7cs.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:38 AM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
those are 60.7cs.
try here.....from the official Infinity website......

http://www.infinitysystems.com/car/p...=US&Region=USA

doc

Old 01-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by docron1
try here.....from the official Infinity website......

http://www.infinitysystems.com/car/p...=US&Region=USA

doc
Those are perfects. Unfortunately they are also 4 ohm. I don't plan on replacing the stock amp at this point so the 60.7CS seems to be the better choice for my need.

Thanks for the replys

Old 01-18-2008, 11:52 PM
Those are perfects. Unfortunately they are also 4 ohm. I don't plan on replacing the stock amp at this point so the 60.7CS seems to be the better choice for my need.

Thanks for the replys
did u get a chance to replace the stock speakers?

Old 01-19-2008, 12:10 AM
just delivered today. Got a girl flying in from vegas for the weekend and she probably doesn't want to do a speaker install while she's here so it's looking like next weekend for the install.

Little Steve's happiness trumps big Steve's speaker install

Old 01-21-2008, 10:05 PM
Thumbs up

Put them in today. Took about an hour for the 1st and about 40 minutes for the second once I knew what to do. Door panels come off in like 3 minutes. Totally easy. Adapters fit great, tweeters are a total drop in for the stock location and there is plenty of room to mount the crossovers to the inner doorskin. Couple strips of 3m exterior 2 sided tape on each and just press them on the skin in the flat area where the side mirror electrical connectors are. Rock solid, all good.

Probably the easiest speaker replacement I ever did.

Old 01-22-2008, 05:36 PM
Put them in today. Took about an hour for the 1st and about 40 minutes for the second once I knew what to do. Door panels come off in like 3 minutes. Totally easy. Adapters fit great, tweeters are a total drop in for the stock location and there is plenty of room to mount the crossovers to the inner doorskin. Couple strips of 3m exterior 2 sided tape on each and just press them on the skin in the flat area where the side mirror electrical connectors are. Rock solid, all good.

Probably the easiest speaker replacement I ever did.

Agree these speakers were easy to put in. Did mine this weekend, had the adapters, quick. I put the cross over just under the window switches in the door. I was able to play with the +3 DB gain with the door panel on. I was amazed how much better it sounds now. Wow.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:19 PM
Looks good! I will also be installing the Infinity Kappas in the front and mid rear. How did you figure out how to take apart the door panels and also the mid rear area? Also, do you think it is necessary to Dynomat around the new speakers??

Old 01-22-2008, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by NivlekGT
Looks good! I will also be installing the Infinity Kappas in the front and mid rear. How did you figure out how to take apart the door panels and also the mid rear area? Also, do you think it is necessary to Dynomat around the new speakers??
just pull off the metal cover on the door handle, there is a notch near the bottom you can get a flat screw driver in to get it started. There are 2 screws underneath. The 3rd screw is under a small plastic square in the door handle opening. It also has a notch to get a screwdriver in.

Once the 3 screws are out just grab the panel on the bottom edge and give a good yank.

Door underneath is pretty well sealed but I will be going back in to install some raammat anyway. Can't hurt

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: replacing bose door speakers with infinity kappas