Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Viper 5900 / Clifford Matrix 50.5X

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 12:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^+1, very informative, Kevin!!

Old 01-20-2008, 06:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KPierson
If he really thinks it's the piezo that is causing the glass break sensor to make the alarm chirp I would remove the piezo. In reality, what is it going to do for you anyway?

I would remove it and add a battery back up siren.

I've been in cars with the peizos and they arn't that bad - if you are a thieve focused on disabling a car the peizos arn't going to stop you. If anything, they will cause some hearing loss at which point you will sued for injuring the bad guy!

From a security standpoint the back up battery siren is a much better option. You figure if someone is going to break in to a car that they know has an aftermarket alarm the first thing they are going to is pop the hood and cut the battery cable, rending your piezos useless. The backup battery siren will, at least, continue to make noise possibly scaring off the thieve or drawing attention to the car.

KP- thanks for the info on the 530t! didnt know that!

I agree 100% on the 515r!!!

When i gave that quote, it was generic on everything, i didnt pull up a directechs on the car at all, i pretty much thought of every charge my old shop charged for and the worst case scenario pricing.

also you dont need to get a 556uw (lose a key module) i think the new one is a kxd07 or something ( i dont work there anymore and im not 100% sure of the model number)

I also dont think the tech knows what he is talking about on "hooking a piezo up to the horn honk" i think he is either lying or doesnt want to work on your car anymore and wants you to leave. Thats my opinion.

Old 01-20-2008, 07:19 PM
KP: i agree about the 515r, but none of the stores had it locally so i just got the battery backup + piezo instead. so if they cut the battery i still have battery backup...

poorg35: do you know where the piezo is *supposed* to connect to? my guess would be the main siren, and thats only if the piezo doesnt have its own dedicated wire. and if the piezo chirping sets off the glass break sensor, then maybe the glass break sensor can come on with a 5s delay or something, shrug.

Old 01-21-2008, 04:56 PM
OK! well i had an alarm system installed just over the weekend. I asked the guy if it was the clifford and he was like yea. I just dropped off my car since it was a referal from a friend (they do deals together) and came back to see it wasn't in fact a clifford but a crime stopper cs-2016dp II... a bit upset but hey, my fault for not checking~ anyways, ne one have some experience with this alarm? I couldn't really find too much reviews on it, and the ones I found were mixed reviews... my only problem yet (i've only had it for 2 days now) is that the buttons on the lcd remote gets pushed waaaay too easily so i can't keep it in my pockets (the remote start button was pushed and my car was on for like 3 min's). Can't find any cases for it so i may have to make a custom one at home.... any reviews or anything you've heard?

Old 01-21-2008, 05:17 PM
you asked for a clifford and instead got a crimestopper? man that sucks!

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/1928234

according to this post,
BRANDS TO AVOID
CodeAlarm
Pyle
Bulldog
Karr
Crimestopper
Anything imported
Anything with poorly translated instructions

I recommend reading in particular the following threads.

Car Security How To

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/1794938

"Which Alarm shoud I buy" thread

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/1928234

and specially, the website "Cause for Alarm", in particular the "Stealth Install" page

http://causeforalarm.thecarthing.com...arm/index.html

Old 01-21-2008, 05:27 PM
yea... i'm going to take it back on the weekend to complain. I'm having problems with the doors not wanting to unlock after i disable the alarm... I'ma have them change it to a viper system instead... I feel like I got ripped off pretty bad right now after reading that thread~ if not, maybe a refund or small claims i guess....

Old 01-21-2008, 06:26 PM
I installed two crimestopper alarms. I hate them cause the pause you got when you press the buttons. Also there units are big and were hard to hide.

Old 01-21-2008, 08:31 PM
piezo has its own wire that you tie into the siren and ground wire.

if you used any part of the horn wires you would know. ie, honk horn piezo would also chirp.

i dont like your installer.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by PoorG35
piezo has its own wire that you tie into the siren and ground wire.

if you used any part of the horn wires you would know. ie, honk horn piezo would also chirp.

i dont like your installer.
by its own wire i meant a special dedicated port on the 5002 brain that the piezo hooks into. the piezo is hooked into the horn right now and works as such. the problem isnt the installer, its teh stupid DEI glass break sensor. he had to hook the piezo to the horn and turn the horn chirps off because otherwise, the piezo siren causes causes the glass break sensor to activate which causes bypass beeps at arming.

what a stupid sensor, its own siren sets it off as glass breaking. im getting rid of hte glass break sensor, hooking the piezo to the siren, hooking the horn to the horn input to the brain, and getting the 509u ultrasonic sensor.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:38 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Why don't you put the glass sensor on a 5 second time delay? That should fix any issues. I still have a hard time believe that the piezo siren would interfere with the glass break sensor, but I've never installed the pair in a car (I only installed the piezo in one car and I won't put them in another).

Old 01-21-2008, 10:44 PM
that only solves half the problem. the other half is that the shock sensor warn away chirps set off the glass sensor to full trigger the alarm...

im not 100% sure that its just the piezo causing it. if i took the piezo out, there's no guarantee that the problem won't continue, the main siren could be causing it as well.

basically at this point i want to get rid of the glass break sensor and get the ultrasonic sensor. the problem is the shop is going to screw me for double labor so i will have to fight fight fight

Old 01-21-2008, 11:24 PM
ok! well i took the crime stopper back to the shop and made a complaint. thanks to fusQer's very useful reply, i told them that it was on the list of alarms NOT TO GET! they apologized for the "misunderstanding" and will re-install the clifford on sat. 3 trips to the shop, 9 hours total, and about $50 in gas since the shops about 40 miles from my house... well it was my friends referral so he said he'll get me a discount~

Old 01-22-2008, 01:34 AM
so my shop mounted the brain above the kickpanel. let me know where your shop mounts it. at first i was like omg wtf is it not under the steering column for, and then i removed that piece and its held on by one screw and 4 snap ons. so maybe its best inside hidden above the kick panel. took me awhile to find it, but once i did find it it was easy to unplug harness cables. there should be a tie thingy around it.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:38 AM
also what accessories are you getting? get the battery backup, 515r, and ultrasonic sensor, thats what i want. but instead i have the battery backup, piezo siren, and glass break sensor, sigh.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:11 PM
ya, i think thats where they had the crime stopper installed on, so i'm sure they'll install the clifford there as well. as goes for accessories, maybe later... this alarm itself is costing me enough and i'm pretty financially down 'cuz my car was broken into and my windshield cracked from a rock on the freeway.... haha yea, not the best of luck... all together i think it was a little over $800 to fix everything plus the alarm... so no modding and no accessories for a while

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Viper 5900 / Clifford Matrix 50.5X