Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Viper 5900 / Clifford Matrix 50.5X

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 07:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i am so happy all my alarm woes are fixed. first k@osx71, the location of the brain at the kickpanel point caused the shock sensor to hardly even register, so the tech moved it to below the steering wheel and it works a little better now.

the glass break sensor no longer causes bypass chirp at arming. the fix for this was to ground the wire of the glass break sensor directly to the car, instead of using the supplied harness cable. in order for the piezo to not set off the glass break sensor at arming, hookup the piezo (inside the cabin) to the horn wire, program it so that horn is only activated with full trigger, and have the horn be "constant" not "pulsed".

then, hook the domelight wire to the horn. when the alarm is fully triggered, the domelight will flash on and off and your horn will honk to that.

be sure when testing to mute your keychain remote because its beeps will set off the glass break sensor bypass chirp (if sitting in the car and testing).

the only thing not "fixed" is that my remote's glass break icon doesnt flash when the glass break sensor is activated. instead it just flashes channel 4 sensor.

Old 01-22-2008, 11:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the only issue remaining for me is this one:

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...78685&KW=icons

note that the installation manual states that if you use the bitwriter to program your alarm, then you may find yourself in the situation that you are only able to use the bitwriter for any and all programing, as opposed to using the valet button and scrolling through the three menus.