Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Just finally got my system installed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 03:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just finally got my system installed!

Yep so phase one is complete, and I am super happy with the results. It sounds one zillion timed better then those stock paper speakers lol

I'm running 1000/1 PPI Amp to the two 10" Mmat subs, and 600/4 watt PPI Amp to the front Mmats components. I dynamated the whole trunk and front doors, got a 1 farad monster cap and my bass **** wired up. I'm still running it all off the stock HU but hopefully phase two will happen soon!!

Phase two will be the rear 6.5" coaxils and dynomating the rest of the the car, like the rear deck and rear sides and all that while the back seat is taken out, and a new DD, like the D3 or something. Oh and removing the old rear deck speakers so I have more airflow from the trunk

I'll take some pics later tonight so you can tell me what you guys think

Old 01-12-2008, 04:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sound's Good. What box do you have the 10's in? I'm getting ready to do my sonud's over. I'm going to keep the JBL's in the door's, rear deck (6x9's) & the 4ch JBL amp. So I'm looking for 2 10's (about 300 RMS each) and a amp for it. I'm OLD, don't need the big sound, just some punch. This is the box I want: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Infin...spagenameZWDVW
So I will love to see your set up.

Old 03-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Here are a few pics of the system hipHopPro......hopefully they can help you out. It actually is a little dirty in the pictures because they were taken right after install....and the box looks slightly ghetto because of the spray paint is smeared in the port, but its been fixed and cleaned up since these pictures were taken.

My box is actually custom, it was built at the same time as the false floor and all that.......I wanted to be able to still throw a couple groceries or my yoga mat in the trunk but at the same time I wanted good sound quality and for it to be loud! I was hesitant on getting two 10" subs as I was debating between those and 12's, but my friend who built the box (he owns a stereo shop) assured me 10's would be plenty.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised with the sound, its actally broken my sunroof once already! Thank god for the warranty lol......

Old 03-03-2008, 12:09 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My single JL 12W6v2 in a ported box definitely has been rattling my sunroof alot. I think a few screws off the track have gotten loose.

Anyways, they should clean up the wiring a bit. It just seem to all be sitting there.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:27 AM
Can't quite see from the pictures, do you have enough clearance from the edge of the electronics carpeted cover to the subs when they're at full excursion?

Old 03-03-2008, 02:08 PM
Yeah definitely Puzzle, there is a gap where the floor is sunk in so it meets the box underneath the subs, it gives them more then enough room to beat around.

And yeah I don't really mind the wiring like that since it is all always hidden underneath the floor, so its not like you can see it at all. I never take the floor up, so does it matter if it sits like that?

If its not a big deal I'll just have them clean it up when I finish the rest of the install

Old 03-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanx for putting the pix up. Look nice. What's the watts on your 10's? I'm still looking for some 10's and an amp for them.

Old 03-03-2008, 07:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AAClaire420
And yeah I don't really mind the wiring like that since it is all always hidden underneath the floor, so its not like you can see it at all. I never take the floor up, so does it matter if it sits like that?

If its not a big deal I'll just have them clean it up when I finish the rest of the install
Everytime I do installs or I have my guys do installs, I just make sure that all the wires are cut to length and ran neatly. I guess it is just a pet-peeve.

As far as potential issues, the only I can think of would be that you may get some interference or engine noise if your signal cables get close to your power. I guess in an extreme case, if your power wires are too long, you may have a voltage drop.