Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Alpine users fill me in

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 01:23 PM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
Originally Posted by Infinite_R
I had the 200 and loved it, Step over to the 205 for the Nav feat. and I loves that too. iPod features are great!!

Now this is the first I've seen on this IVA-W505 time to start research my next HU

edit: This is going to be nice!!

IVA-W505 Double-DIN Mobile Multimedia Station
New for 2008, the double-DIN IVA-W505 is a full-featured DVD/CD/MP3/AAC/WMA/DivX audio/video head unit. Its large, crisp 7-inch WVGA touch-screen monitor enables users to easily access and command all their favorite media sources. The IVA-W505 features an all-new Graphical User Interface (GUI) with two display modes, “Professional” and “Stylish,” to give consumers a choice of what and how much information is displayed on the monitor.

Built on Alpine’s proprietary Ai-NET BUS platform, the IVA-W505 can connect to and control a multitude of digital media sources and formats, such as XM® or SIRIUS® satellite radio (including XM Mini-Tuner and SIRIUS Plug And Play devices); HD Radio™ with multicasting; and Bluetooth devices, with voice-activated dialing. (Separate adapters and/or subscriptions required.) MP3/WMA players with MTP protocol and mass storage devices can easily be added via a direct USB connection. The IVA-W505 also has a high quality auxiliary input via the KCE-236B Full Speed™ to mini-jack cable (sold separately), for additional system building flexibility.

The IVA-W505 is one of two 2008 Alpine head units that feature iTunes® Tagging when the TUA-T550HD HD Radio Tuner is connected. When users hear a song they like from an HD Radio station that is broadcasting metadata, they simply press a special button on the IVA-W505. Information about these Tagged songs is stored by the TUA-T550HD and transferred to the iPod®. When the iPod is connected to the computer, iTunes automatically presents the songs in a new Tagged playlist so the user has the option to preview, buy and download the songs.

iPod music lovers who use the iPod classic (fifth and sixth generations) or iPod nano (first through third generations) can link to the IVA-W505 via a direct high-speed USB connection, resulting in fast data transfer, quick command response and superior iPod sound. If the iPod displays album art, the art also will be displayed on the IVA-W505’s screen. For earlier-generation iPods with a dock connector, the IVA-W505 retains Alpine’s Full Speed Connection for iPod capabilities through the KCE-422i cable.
Sign me up. Im buying it

Old 02-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gr8One
Im in the market for a HU and lookin at the Alpine W205. Anyone have any exp with this particular HU or Alpine in general. Ive heard wonders about thier HU but Id like to hear it from G owners. Im lookin to have it installed with a 10'' Alpine type X sub/amp/box to get it outta the way. LMK what you guys think and if im going the right way as far as quality and ease of use for the HU.
i love my alpine. its great from a sound standpoint and the ability to add other systems to it. if you get the w205 get the blackbird 2 for it, else you can pick up a used w200 cheap now

Old 02-11-2008, 09:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by XtremeCoupe
I've got the W205 and couldn't be happier.

which kit did u use?

Old 02-11-2008, 09:32 AM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
I just recently swapped out my Kenwood DDX8017 for the Alpine IVA W200 and love the unit. The only thing that is bad about the unit is you can not use any of the features until you bypass or set up the handbrake/footbrake connections. You cant even use the remote. I ended purchasing a bypass for the unit and love it. Now if only I can find away to stop my GF from touching the screen for the pulse ing of the screen I'll be in business...lol