Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Help with JDM 350GT Coupe. NAV and TV

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 03:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with JDM 350GT Coupe. NAV and TV

After 6 months of waiting I finally get my car... (very long story...)

2004/Sep 350GT Coupe Premium Trim

Which in reality is better as I have have had 6 months to think through my plans for the car very carefully.

I got a few questions that I need help with.

Firstly, I am keeping the BOSE HU and upgrading the amps and the speakers. That part is straight forward enough.

My car came with the factory NAV, but being JDM is totally useless for the UK. So I must change the NAV DVD unit.

The 1st question I have, does the panel that controls the NAV infront of the screen have it's electronics inside of the DVD NAV unit? i.e. if I remove the factory DVD ROM from the top glovebox, will the buttons still work? Because I would like to remove the DIN sized DVA NAV in the glovebox and slot in a Clarion Din Sized nav (UK mapping) and splice the wires so it shows on the factory screen.

2nd question. My car came with TV as factory option and a button labelled on the SAT nav control panel for it. When I press it a TV screen appears and tries to tune but the UK frequency is different so does not work. The control box for this is in the trunk on top of the bose amp rack. If I could discover which cables were for video signal and Audio, I could theoretically splice in a DVD player, so that when I push the TV button, it would show the DVD player and audio?

Only problem I have is that I got a workshop manual for the Infiniti g35 from USA as it's in English but it has no mention of the TV option

here is a pic of the JDM CPV35 (not my car!) you can see the TV button, bottom row, 2nd from left.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Al.